Different levels of brake lights

  • Thread starter Thread starter Kaniyodrift
  • 41 comments
  • 3,002 views
Messages
344
ok i played this BMW demo and noticed that the rear brake lights turn on according to the level of pressure i apply to brakes:

brake-1.jpg

brake-2.jpg


what do you think about that? would be neat to see reverse light also :)
 
Theres a man in a square t-shirt looking at your car.
 
That's neat and adds detail. 👍 I would love reverse lights.
 
Oh but cobra, it's not a reversing sim ;)


Is a nice detail though, I think I saw it in another game, can't rememebr which though.
 
code_kev
Oh but cobra, it's not a reversing sim ;)


Is a nice detail though, I think I saw it in another game, can't rememebr which though.
:) I know, but sometimes when I do burnouts I back up a lot and do spins and stuff. :sly:
 
But does the BMW 1 series have pressure-sensitive brake lights?
 
code_kev
Is a nice detail though, I think I saw it in another game, can't rememebr which though.

-> I know some:
- PGR series
- Need for Speed series
- SRS
- Burnout series

:dopey:
 
cobragt
Drift, what's your opinion of the demo?
+ i like wind noise in my ears when driving longer straights on the Ring;
+ ppl are 3D, they move, wave hands and turn around when i drive past them;
+ the screeching noise the tires make (especially Amalfi) is loud;
+ when driving using the bumper view, the picture is not still, but reacting to every small detail on the road and to the wind when it gets stronger at faster speeds;
+ the crash effect is strange, but very nice addition - can be gotten used to;
+ those black men inside the cars actually move around, like when braking they lean forward - best seen in replays;
+ Nür is LONG;
+ Nür is LONG;
+ i could easily lose control of the BMW 120 on Nür if not careful;
+ the new HUD is very nice and the G-Force meter doesn't bother at all;
+ i got more pics in SW, u know who i am there.
 
Great, o and how good are the physics? I mean, OPM UK had a preview after the bmw demo was released and they mentioned it being hardcore in physics, do you agree? And please tell me you drove with the aid off =P
 
great new info and i like the multi level braking idea, thanks!
 
cobragt
Great, o and how good are the physics? I mean, OPM UK had a preview after the bmw demo was released and they mentioned it being hardcore in physics, do you agree? And please tell me you drove with the aid off =P
i wouldn't take OPM's info like it's the truth, since they've had too many errors in the past. But yes the driving model is different - when doing burnouts or simply messing around, the car handles differently than it used to in previous GTs. It's only BMW 120, but like i said, on Nür, there are lot of places where there is a longer straight and then 2 turns in succession. I usually crashed into walls and ended up sideways when trying to push the car on my first time on this track. It's no secret that both GT4P, this demo and the final version require much more braking, and doing it much earlier. I really don't even wanna think about pushing a GT-class car on Nür, not to mention GT-ONE :sick:
 
Kaniyodrift
i wouldn't take OPM's info like it's the truth, since they've had too many errors in the past. But yes the driving model is different - when doing burnouts or simply messing around, the car handles differently than it used to in previous GTs. It's only BMW 120, but like i said, on Nür, there are lot of places where there is a longer straight and then 2 turns in succession. I usually crashed into walls and ended up sideways when trying to push the car on my first time on this track. It's no secret that both GT4P, this demo and the final version require much more braking, and doing it much earlier. I really don't even wanna think about pushing a GT-class car on Nür, not to mention GT-ONE :sick:
haha. Sounds fun.
 
varying degrees of lighting? cool stuff.

If they can do something that detailed, I dont see how they couldnt put reverse lights.

BTW, is this bmw demo available in non-pal territories?
 
kinigitt
BTW, is this bmw demo available in non-pal territories?

Nope, I'm in the states so I've been following it quite closely, so far no mention that its coming to anywhere but PAL ps2s, just gonna have to wait for the full thing :scared:
 
Nemo
Nope, I'm in the states so I've been following it quite closely, so far no mention that its coming to anywhere but PAL ps2s, just gonna have to wait for the full thing :scared:

Ahh well...two months aint so bad. We've waited this long without anything right?

I have lots of other games to play in the meantime.
 
Don't expect to see it on every car--it's simply a feature of the real 1-Series that was put into the game.

This is a quote from the BMW UK website:

Safety > Brake Force Display
Brake Force Display gives an indication to the driver behind you how fast your BMW 1 Series is slowing down by varying the brake light area that illuminates. More information to the cars following means added safety to you.
 
Different levels of braking? Didn't know there was such thing. And I'm talking in terms of the brake lights. I don't know all of the details even from those two pictures. And the "square guy in a T-shirt?" Worry not. I'm pretty sure it isn't a statue or some psuedo-3D figure. There were some sprites in GT3, but I'm pretty sure there will be fewer of them (if not none at all (like maybe GTA: Vice City). Some terminology:

sprite: a picture placed into a level that, in which when viewed from different angles still maintains its view all the way around.

In GT3, if you note the corner workers and try to look around, they are basically sprites and have no shadow. The trees within Super Speedway when leaving the pits are sprites. But the main point is that the people will be 3D. I don't know to what extent, but rest assured, you'll get your 3D GT fans.

But about the lights, I don't really comprehend what this is about unless the lights shine brighter or something. And as I said, reverse lights or not, don't judge a game on two lights you don't see often. The old game "Ridge Racer V" didn't give you the ability to go in reverse. Did anyone complain? Not that I know of. Maybe some people complain too much, usually about little things that don't make a damn difference. So, sounds cool. Just can't wait to race Costa di Amalfi. Would make a nice vintage car race track. I'll bring a GT40 or Shelby Cobra and just enjoy the sunshine and tropical atmosphere.

Oh, after seeing S4A's post, I don't know if this will be for all or most cars in GT4. So what I'd ask is... WOULD you want this braking deal for every car?
 
Erm, hate to burst everyone's bubble, but have you realised that the 'different levels of braking' might be due to the fact that the car in Picture 2 is actually in reverse. I know reverse is selected in Picture 1, but I think that's the car at a standstill (ie the driver has only just stopped). If this is true, at least we've solved the debate in that pointlessly-long thread on whether or not anyone has seen reversing lights. Phew.
 
There will be many cars released that have pressure sensitive brake lights... Cadilac, BMW, Mercedes, etc, all have models coming out with such a feature... In the next couple years most all automobiles released will have pressure sensitive brake lights... It's the biggest thing since airbags...

So, only cars equipped with such a feature in real life, will have the feature in GT4... It's nice to see such details in a video game, it really connects you to the real car and makes you almost feel like you're driving it... Almost...


;)
 
Do you race?
Erm, hate to burst everyone's bubble, but have you realised that the 'different levels of braking' might be due to the fact that the car in Picture 2 is actually in reverse. I know reverse is selected in Picture 1, but I think that's the car at a standstill (ie the driver has only just stopped). If this is true, at least we've solved the debate in that pointlessly-long thread on whether or not anyone has seen reversing lights. Phew.
You haven't burst anyone's bubble. Check the video

Video removed

See the 2 levels of brake lights. Light braking = 3 lights. Heavy braking = 5 lights.
 
In Germany the technology is called "Adaptive Brake Lights", and it's the automobile industries new sense of driving security.

for the Game:
In GT3 i often wondered how the AI could decelerate so fast and i often bumped into them, while i braked as hard as i could.
With the new cars and this technology one can see how strong the AI is breaking.
I appreciate that for a more elegant drving style, cause nothing is more annoying, then to be behind an opponent car and ready to take over, but then to bump into it in a corner and lose space.
 
Its smothing avalible through the BMW range on most f the new models ,I have it on my 318ci
 
DiabolicalMask
But does the BMW 1 series have pressure-sensitive brake lights?

Or any car for that matter ...


Kaniyodrift:: Can you do the same set of pictures again but with no breaks, lite breaks, and full breaks? More variation? Because what I'm looking at looks like the regular driving lights.
 
The bmw 1 series has pressure sensitive brakes.......when you press gently the bottom lights come on......when you press harder the LED bar and the top brake lights come on......as far as i know this is the only car that has this technology at the moment......
 
LoudMusic
Kaniyodrift:: Can you do the same set of pictures again but with no breaks, lite breaks, and full breaks? More variation? Because what I'm looking at looks like the regular driving lights.
Err, watch the vid I posted. 30 seconds in, I do light braking then heavy braking.
 
as I said in my previous post the X5 has it ,the 7 series ,3 series ,X3 ,Z4 ,5 Series, 1 series ,
the whole BMW range has it .
 
This system is a "two-stage brake lights".

Only now I understood (i.e. searched) that. I thought it was progressive.
 
Back