Different levels of brake lights

  • Thread starter Thread starter Kaniyodrift
  • 41 comments
  • 3,002 views
code_kev
Is a nice detail though, I think I saw it in another game, can't rememebr which though.

Beetle Adventure Racing for N64. And there's probably a couple others, too. It's a cool detail but not really neccessary.
 
That's interesting. It's good to see they chose multiple lights instead of light intensity. I've thought for a long time that that sort of thing would be nice. And with car designs having so many lights on the back anyway, putting in a sensor to adjust how many lights get used is a cool concept. Like a progress bar of breaking power (:
 
Actually anycar has its breaks lights on. When you press the brake the just glow brighter.
 
Lamboracer
Actually anycar has its breaks lights on. When you press the brake the just glow brighter.
No not necissarily. A lot of cars have different lights for braking and "normal" illumination.
 
Lamboracer
Actually anycar has its breaks lights on. When you press the brake the just glow brighter.

There is a big difference between dual node bulbs (like 1157's for instance) which allow for 2 brightnesses depending on the amount of electricity sent to them (very common), and pressure sensitive brake lights, which are usually LED's that glow according to the amount of pressure applied to the brake pedal (will be more common in the future)...

Some cars will have pressure sensitive brakes that will increase or decrease in brightness... Then there will be the type illustrated in the BMW Nur vid, that will iluminate different lights depending on the pressure applied to the brakes... Then, of course, the majority of vehicles in GT4 (most all pre 2002 vehicles) will have the regular brake lights that merely light up when the brake is depressed...

;)
 
A LOOOONG time ago (when i was in elementury school and now I'm in high school) I saw this feature on the BMW on like a 60 min car report on how to make cars safer. I always wondered what was taking them so long. Well after soooo many years, this must be the first car their actually going to use it on.
 
this must be the first car their actually going to use it on.

it is not the only car ,as BMW has it on most if not the whole range of there cars

for example Look here in safty then there is a small arrow under the pic then you'll find two stage braking ,this is the 3 series :) :) :) :)
 
LoudMusic
Kaniyodrift:: Can you do the same set of pictures again but with no breaks, lite breaks, and full breaks? More variation? Because what I'm looking at looks like the regular driving lights.
well, you could look at this pic for instance:
amalfi-4.jpg


if you still didn't get answer to your questions, i can make new pics if necessary :)
 
Lamboracer
Actually anycar has its breaks lights on. When you press the brake the just glow brighter.
So are you saying my brake lights are on all the time if they don't shatter? And how do I know that? I press the brake, quickly get out and run to the back of the car, but they are off by the time I get there.
 
It's just some fancy bmw tech, not on any other cars.
 
daan
I press the brake, quickly get out and run to the back of the car, but they are off by the time I get there.
Surely you're not being quick enough...
 
Back