Different Physics with Wheel

  • Thread starter Thread starter IAG
  • 80 comments
  • 4,588 views
there are 2 buttons behind the wheel of the DFP so you don't have to use the stick shift...

much better than the pedal shifters on the DF,because it "klicks" so you can feel the moment it changes gears (this was impossible with the DF,therefore i never used manual gearbox,now it's fun and besides that you're faster!)
 
I always use manual gears in GT, so I'll buy DF2 and have lots of fun with my stick.
 
If you can't reach the stick to shift gears, then you have the wheel incorrectly placed. You should have your elbows bent, not straight out. I think you measure it by resting the heel of your hand (where your arm ends and your hand starts) just over the top edge of the steering wheel.

Loads of people make that mistake with their real cars, and when it comes time to apply some arm-work (like rapid countersteer), you haven't got the reach or the leverage.

My car requires me to sit extra close when i'm driving because the steering can get quite heavy so i have to use my shoulders, and the tail can snap out fairly easy. It's a vigorous workout to rally it without power steering! :)

Oh, and WRC drivers have their seats mounted closer/upright for the same reason. ;)

So, to answer your question in short, no, it's not hard to use the shifter. It's a rugged feeling little stick with an assuring click when you engage it. :)
 
well, i dont really use the paddles on it. i like the ones on the old driving force better because they are easier to access.. The sequential shifter is great. it feels good. it gives a decent amount of resistance. 👍 I'd like more, but o well.
 
Are the pedals good too?
I mean, with the older wheels, the pedals were bad, your feet all got painful and the things just kept moving thro my room.
 
Pedals in all Logitech wheels are crappy (Old MOMO Force is an exception).
 
i like to use the stick shift too,but only in a cruise,'cause you're much quicker using the paddles and you don't have to take your hands off the wheel,which gives you a little more control...

the pedals don't slide away anymore,but i think thats the only thing they've improved about that
 
well, since i drive in 900 mode, i dont use paddles. :)

and yes, pedals are not high quality. If you can afford it, buy new ones. I dont think i will be, they work ok for me, so i dont see a pt. i even use an older set of pedals as clutch along with the Pro's pedals.
 
The pedals on the DFP are great! Well, once i tweaked em (fixed em forever from dust etc).

They are 1000x better than the red momo force pedals. Those thing were so unlike anything put in a car. Reminded me more of tractor pedals.

DFP pedals = good. You already would've noticed from my post on the previous page that outlined the improvements over the DF...
 
It's an ergonomics thing. They're at a correct height, with correct throw, with correct resistance. The old ones hinged too high, the base was too small, and they slid all over the place.

Putting the two pedal sets side by side it's not hard to notice the improvements.
 
you should try using them (paddles),it's much easier to get gold in the license tests...(btw,i use 900 too)
 
Oh for the love of god.. don't you people ever read a whole thread before posting?
 
Yes, I now know about 900degrees, but I still need to know if european crap fits Japanese PS2s.
 
sorry,don't know,why don't you take your ntsc ps2 to a store and try? should be no problem with the slim one
 
I dont think its a problem tho, heard bout mems in NTSC PS2s.
I dont have my NTSC PS2 already, but I wanna buy a DFP, so I need to know if it fits.
 
The DFP fits any ps2, as they all use the same connector (USB). They also work on any PC with a usb port.
 
Back