" Digest of the week " ~ Showcase of Brilliance~

  • Thread starter Thread starter hawk2201
  • 947 comments
  • 96,836 views
I really like the effect, jedisteampunk! Though, the original picture seems a bit too blurry.
Either that, but most cameras will autofocus on the car and leave the water droplets blurry.

Anyways, here are my shots for the week:


 
That shot of the Tuscan exiting the tunnel, great stuff :drool:











​
 
@ jBhIpS / Nice shot & Excellent edited
@ Beccosinho / Like the last shot / Excellent composition & edited

Nice shots guys 👍👍:)






 
Last edited:
What I did this week.



Remember to click the pics! Or you won't see the difference!​
 
Something about the lighting in GT5s photomode is just "right." I can't put my finger on it but it seems very realistic. And tbisis coming from someone who plays Forza. I'm gonna buy GT5 and a PS3 just for the photomode!
 
The lighting in these pics showcase what I am talking about.

N%2525C3%2525BCrburgring%25252024h_191.jpg


ZO6RMa.png


6120344273_ea5054b252.jpg


N%2525C3%2525BCrburgring%252520Nordschleife_40.jpg


With this pic, you can see the ground really clearly without it looking too over-exposed. You can also clearly see good detail in the rims and front bumper. In forza, a bright afternoon shot like that would have terrible white "spotlight" reflections on the car if you turn up the exposure to get to levels in this pic.
SRT8PTTYBLUa.png



In this one, the exposure looks like its up pretty high but the tires and paint aren't washed out so much that it has to be corrected by too much contrast; so much that the tires would lose detail and be almost black. The black rubber tones are still intact and look real!
CircuitdeSpa-Francorchamps.jpg



In this one, the overcast lighting is fricking PERFECT. We can't get lighting like this in Forza 4 without having to turn the exposure waaaaay down, which usually makes the picture a little too dark.
nur34.jpg


And this one??????? This one is just WIN anyway you slice it! It looks soooo real and sooooo convincing that I actually had to look for the GT watermark to see if it was real or not! The pale lighting is just soooooo real! We don't have that look in forza 4.
nor23.jpg



Looking at this pic, it looks like its 4:30pm somewhere on a racetrack. The lighting is perfect. Again it has that pale but realistic look.
6367854939_1f6203ef5d.jpg



I mean, don't get me wrong, Forza 4 has its strong points too and if I owned PS3 and GT5, i'd want Forza 4 too! When Forza 4 gets the lighting right, it REALLY shines. And some of its paint reflections look realer even though they may appear glossier or more polished.
 
WOW, great pics guys. Its really amazing what some of you produce. Here are a few from the other day....

SanGimignano-TownSquare_1.jpg


AutumnRingMini.jpg


SpecialStageRoute7-3.jpg


ToscanaTarmac_1-1.jpg
 
Here are a couple I'm pretty happy with, but I don't know if they belong here or not:
NrburgringNordschleife.jpg

MazdaRacewayLagunaSeca_1.jpg

TheTopGearTestTrack-3.jpg
 
To :
Gtplanet Members ,
Merry Christmas & Happy New Year ,
All the best in year 2012
, Hawk
👍 :)
6519196657_285645ff2a_b.jpg
 
Just the 3 from me this week :)





​
 
Toyota FT-86 Concept ’09​
​
​


TVR Tamora ’02


Ferrari 430 Scuderia ’07


Chevrolet Camaro Z28 RM ’69
​
 
Here's a few of my best shots this week unedited as always

nrburgringnordschleife1ch.jpg


nrburgringnordschleife1u.jpg


nrburgringnordschleife8qd.jpg


nrburgringnordschleife1ox.jpg
 
My favorite shots for the week. More in my gallery (including 8MP versions!)




​
 
TVR Tamora ’02

Nailed it. My hat comes off to you for this shot.

Still my favourite thread. 👍
 
Back