Digital Foundry Publishes Project CARS 2 Console Performance Results

Do you have too a lot of aliasing ? Pixelated cars livery and reflections ? Low shadows quality ?

Yeah, a lot of things are very jagged. Like palm tree. There not a straight line, there all pexelated (Is that a word? :P).

Things in the distance also look all grainy. For example, Daytona. When your'e on the straight (On the oval part) headed for the chicane, from a distance, the whole chicane looks like a blurry pixelated mess.

Appears some tracks are worse than others. It's such a shame because it's a good game otherwise with a lot of potential. Although I am sick of the AI always ramming into the back of me even with aggression turned way down. But that's a complaint for a diff thread. LOL

Yeah, a lot of things are very jagged. Like palm tree. There not a straight line, there all pexelated (Is that a word? :P).

Things in the distance also look all grainy. For example, Daytona. When your'e on the straight (On the oval part) headed for the chicane, from a distance, the whole chicane looks like a blurry pixelated mess.

Appears some tracks are worse than others. It's such a shame because it's a good game otherwise with a lot of potential. Although I am sick of the AI always ramming into the back of me even with aggression turned way down. But that's a complaint for a diff thread. LOL

Pixelated I wanted to say lol some issue may exist, this is quite surprising

(PS4 standard) Project cars 2 seems to framedrop quite a bit. Even without any rain and only 24 cars on track. I have spun multiple times from this. Im hoping it’s just because I have the standard.

Yesterday I suppressed the game then I reinstalled it and tonight I decided to play with and surprise when I launched it, it looks cleaner and sharper with better lightening effects. Still to much aliasing but far better... I am unable to explain why... (PS4 Pro with 1080p screen)

I've debated on what system to get it on, but I do have the Xbox One X pre ordered, which was the main reason why I bought it on Xbox. Just doing some time trial runs on Sugo, and there is one section between corners, where my screen will do a sort of fast forward on me, which throws me off every time, because it isn't consistent. Usually happens just before my braking point, and when it fast forwards on me, I totally miss my braking point.
Happens to me too, and I've seen it mentioned elsewhere so hopefully will get a fix asap. At first I thought I was driving through some sort of time displacement bubble but then I remembered it's probably just a bug haha

Yesterday I suppressed the game then I reinstalled it and tonight I decided to play with and surprise when I launched it, it looks cleaner and sharper with better lightening effects. Still to much aliasing but far better... I am unable to explain why... (PS4 Pro with 1080p screen)

Wait, so you just deleted the game off of the PS4 pro system and than reinstalled it? That made it look better? Or is "suppressing" the game something different than deleting it all together?

Wait, so you just deleted the game off of the PS4 pro system and than reinstalled it? That made it look better? Or is "suppressing" the game something different than deleting it all together?

I've just deleted the game off of the PS4 Pro then I reinstalled it (my english is bad so my word's choice too). Still have too much aliasing but more cleaner et sharper and it's seems have better lightening effects for exemple. Far better. Some kind of magical lol All my apologies...

I've just deleted the game off of the PS4 Pro then I reinstalled it (my english is bad so my word's choice too). Still have too much aliasing but more cleaner et sharper and it's seems have better lightening effects for exemple. Far better. Some kind of magical lol All my apologies...

Hmmmmm, Although I know it shouldn't really make a difference. I may have to try it out of pure desperation. LOL

Thanks. :)

Latest Posts

Back