Diogo's Gallery - Updated | AMV12 + Extras + Bonus

• Thread starter Diogo
  • 256 comments
I know that you'r a bit more used to that type of pictures . Any suggestion ? I have all DLCs FYI. :)

Thank you also :D

Hmmmm. Well what I try to do is balance the car with a secondary point of interest (a road, a corner, a tunnel, the list is endless), making them equal distance (roughly) away from the frame edges. Here's an example.

Notice how the car is a third of the frame, using the "rule of thirds," and that the S Curve in the background is also in a third. The lines of the road should lead your eyes to the car, and the car also has lots of room to "move" through the frame to make the viewer a little more comfortable. It's a sub-conscious thing. :lol:

Lately though, I've been trying to steer away from placing stuff exactly in the thirds, as things tend to get repetitive after a while, but I always ensure there is enough space around the car. If the car is chopped off by the frame edge, or close to the edge, the viewer's eyes may follow the details of the car and out of the frame, killing the mood.

Another thing is, if there is going to be a background, (and not just blurred out with bokeh effect), you might as well make the background interesting to look at. Naturally, you want the viewer to look at the car first, but if the background is pleasing to look at as well, I think it makes for a more compelling photo most of the time. You want to tell a story, basically. While composing a dynamic shot, ask yourself where the car is coming from, what is it doing, and where is it going.

The main thing is, learn the "rules" of photography and then, break them. ;)

Miata (Eunos Roadster) at Kioto , Japan

I never had tried to photograph a MX-5/Miata/Eunos Roadster , I never had learn how to like them. I saw a video on youtube , a tributo to them . They looked "sick". Unfortunally we can't get the tire larger soo this will look a bit weird :P

Enjoy :cheers:

Last edited:
Great pics mate:). Maybe a bit to much camber but yes it would be much better with some bigger wheels;).

Nice shots Diogo. I'm really liking the angle on the second to last one. A bit too bright for my liking though. 👍

Randoms at Kyoto

Nissan R33 at Kyoto !

Swift at Kyoto

LFA Interior Kyoto

Mach 1 Interior at Kyoto

The interior shots are cool. The lighting at kyoto is better than at the Red Bull Hangar, so interior shots should be a little better. Can't wait to try it!

~Turtle
turtle.gif

Bad News , I'm at my grandpas house , no PS3 , no new pictures :(. I would like to ask if someone has any pictures that would like to see edited by me , send me a PM anytime , I will try to answer when I'm avaiable. :)

A friend of mine sent me a few of his and their ready :dopey:

Soo I present you 4 pictures of Onboy123 edited :

Enjoy :)

Last edited:
Back