DiRT 4 Now Available in North America

Questions:
  • Is every track in DiRT 4 made using the My Stage feature? Or are there some default tracks that are equal to everyone?
  • Does the career mode use random tracks, so each player's career is different?

Dirt 4 is not available on PC yet, it launches with the European console versions on the 9th.

Questions:
  • Is every track in DiRT 4 made using the My Stage feature? Or are there some default tracks that are equal to everyone?
  • Does the career mode use random tracks, so each player's career is different?

All tracks are made with YourStage. The careerstages are the same for everyone but those are also generated by YourStage. You can rate and save your favorite ones. Landrush and Rallycross have fixed circuits with a few variations.

May I ask whether the physics in this game is more realistic than SLRE, or at least on par with it? Wanna give it a try, but the previous experience with Dirt Rally on PS4 using T300 wasn't a pleasant one. Talking about that, can anyone kindly tell me if the FFB of the game on PS4 is the same as that on other platforms? Much thanks!

Edit: Just one thing to add, from what I remember, the physics of Dirt Rally is less realistic to SLRE to some extent (you may check on the codemaster form in the physics/FFB related thread for more info.). Hope it helps. One again, thank you very much!

Last edited:
May I ask whether the physics in this game is more realistic than SLRE, or at least on par with it? Wanna give it a try, but the previous experience with Dirt Rally on PS4 using T300 wasn't a pleasant one. Talking about that, can anyone kindly tell me if the FFB of the game on PS4 is the same as that on other platforms? Much thanks!

Edit: Just one thing to add, from what I remember, the physics of Dirt Rally is less realistic to SLRE to some extent (you may check on the codemaster form in the physics/FFB related thread for more info.). Hope it helps. One again, thank you very much!

I believe "simulation mode" has physics equal to or better than Dirt Rally and "gamer mode" softens the difficulty.

They created "YourStage" partially to allow players to create their own tracks, but also to make track creation easier for their development team. Recreating rally stages costs more per track than say a circuit track because it is a sprint rather than a continuous loop. It is largely an economic decision.

I believe "simulation mode" has physics equal to or better than Dirt Rally and "gamer mode" softens the difficulty.

They created "YourStage" partially to allow players to create their own tracks, but also to make track creation easier for their development team. Recreating rally stages costs more per track than say a circuit track because it is a sprint rather than a continuous loop. It is largely an economic decision.

Excuse me Sr. Do you believe or you do know for sure simulation Mode is the same or better than Dirt?

Your answer is crucial for me, I only need this kind of answer in order to go right now and decide for this purchase...

Greetings from Argentina, south América!

UPDATE: my two cents!

10:40 Handling & Physics

Cheers!

Last edited:
Back