DIRT 5: General Discussion

Don't even get me started on this :lol:
The start of a new console generation is always a little funky.

Personally I’m looking forward to the games people will make when they are no longer held back by the previous generation; the increased CPU power of consoles could be good for sim racing.

The start of a new console generation is always a little funky.

Personally I’m looking forward to the games people will make when they are no longer held back by the previous generation; the increased CPU power of consoles could be good for sim racing.
And I am glad CM brought first 120 FPS racing game. It's not a sim but it's important for future games. 60 FPS is pretty low but better than nothing. For me next gen is mostly about 120 FPS. Console racing will be different ;)

After enjoying the initial experience of just playing something different, I've decided to shelve Dirt 5 for now and wait to play through it on PS5. The jittery framey graphics (on my PS4 Pro) is just really offputting. I'd rather play Gt Sport or Dirt 2.0 while I wait to get a PS5.

I even switched out my PS4 Pro's drive for an SSD a few days ago, hoping that that might make some difference. It didn't.

I meant is it worth it from the content alone? Arcadey offroad games are fine. I was bg motorstorm fan some time ago. Maybe this could be something similar.
It's fine. Physics is not that hard, something like WRC. Cars are lighter and gravity lower. It's not bad. I bought it for a full price and I don't think it was worth it. I'll see what DLC will bring.

For a good price, it's like Grid 2019. Good game but feels a bit... small I guess.

I found it on huge discount (PS5 ver) is it worth it? I heard mixed opinions about this game.

It is worth it if you really really want a arcade racing game, I enjoyed my time with it. I haven't touch the game since December but I don't think much has change.

The track designs in D5 is great and there is a good selection of routes too, driving physics is fun but a bit too simplified and feels broken when the car rolled, car balance is awful, sprintcars is really bad and the AI is bad as well. Career is forgettable but annoying races can be skipped, Donut Media can be annoying to some people. Playground mode might be fun but I don't really like it.

Last edited:
Good game but feels a bit... small I guess.

Yeah, this is probably the best summary from my experience.

Dirt 5 delivers in terms of creating a fun, arcadey off-road experience reminiscent to the likes of Sega Rally. It is comparable to Motorstorm too, but it doesn't have the same level of vehicle variety. It's enjoyable during the initial stages of the game but it falls flat once you've put a lot of hours in. I do go back to the game from time to time, but primarily for short stints which mainly involve taking photos.

The potential of Dirt 5 can be reached given the right post-launch support, but it is admittedly a hollow package right now.

Is it me or 120 mode looks like something from 90s on XSX? :D I remember I liked the graphics very much few weeks ago.

edit:
It's probably me because I tried China now and it's not that bad. I probably never played it too much on XSX. Graphics is probably a bit weaker.

Last edited:
Is anyone getting ffb with any racing wheels?

My t300rs has no ffb, steering is weightless & only get vibrations like it's mimicking a controller.

Don't ask me if my wheel is updated or to re-install game either

Is anyone getting ffb with any racing wheels?

My t300rs has no ffb, steering is weightless & only get vibrations like it's mimicking a controller.

Don't ask me if my wheel is updated or to re-install game either
I had FFB problem yesterday the same as on release. The problem was my gamepad wasn't primary controller after some patch. When it is it started to work again.

Dirt 5 hit game pass this morning, I’d been planning to buy it anyway so that’s a nice bonus. Set it to install ASAP and it was done before I woke up. Perfect. Really enjoying it so far, nice throwback to the Dirt 2/3 days.

Just downloaded from gamepass and played some career mode. Dirt 4 left a good impression and I’m enjoying 5 too, even if it is more over the top.

Just downloaded from gamepass and played some career mode. Dirt 4 left a good impression and I’m enjoying 5 too, even if it is more over the top.

I haven't played Dirt 5 and reviews seem to be a bit divisive so the inclusion of the game on gamepass is handy to try the game without cost.

It sounds like it doesn't have any point to point rallying which isn't a good thing in my eyes but I'll have to give it a shot this weekend regardless.

No wheel, but there is a new option and maybe it could disable something for your wheel the same as for my gamepad. Who knows.

Thanks for your input even though you don't use a wheel. There is no fix until codies pull their finger out.

Last edited:
Another update on ps4 yesterday, around 3.4Gb, played it for a bit but the game froze in photo mode and i couldn't do anything apart from quit to ps4 menu...never did that before..:banghead:

I haven't played Dirt 5 and reviews seem to be a bit divisive so the inclusion of the game on gamepass is handy to try the game without cost.

It sounds like it doesn't have any point to point rallying which isn't a good thing in my eyes but I'll have to give it a shot this weekend regardless.

I think that's the point of this game. If you prefer point to point then Dirt Rally 2 exists.

Back