Dirt bikes?

• Thread starter DJones
  • 65 comments
United States
KC Missouri
Da_Panda_Bear
How many of you ride and what do you ride? I just got an old 1980 it 175 for $250.

Edit:
I got rid of the it. It needed way too much work and was impossible to find parts for so I picked up a 99 yz250.

Double edit: the sob that had it before me had a really old rim on the back. My first clue to something being up was when I took the tire off and about five washers came out... So now I need an entire new rear wheel AND a rear axle. They had one too small in it......... Who would think that was a good idea? Grrrrrrrrrr I guess you get what you pay for.

Last edited:
Nice quad my uncle used to have of those.

Iv always road fourwheelers but my girlfriend and her whole family ride bikes and after hitting the trails on her kdx... I knew bikes got around good but dang smokey! Il always have to have a quad though. I love my 300ex too much to part with it.

Yea one of my friends has a 525exc and that is by far the best bike I have ever had the pleasure of riding.

I guess I should edit my op. I got rid of the the it175 and picked up a 99 yz250. Second best bike iv ever rode........... :)

been riding dirt bikes my whole life.

at the moment i have these dirt bikes

2003 Yamaha WR250F
2006 Yamaha WR450F
2008 Honda CRF450R

the CRF is set up for racing supermoto at the moment.

Iv always wanted to give supermoto a go. Is it worth the effort to set up the bike and everything?

Iv always wanted to give supermoto a go. Is it worth the effort to set up the bike and everything?

Me too. It must be lots of fun learning to drift it.
If you mean just changing wheels and maybe rear suspension setting on your dirt bike, then i'd say it's not worth it.

I bought this 2003 125cc Kawasaki about a year ago, it´s my first dirt bike or any motorcycle ever.
Just driving for my own fun.. and it sure is fun! I should get one of these earlier, i just love the sound and smell of 2T!:bowdown:
full

FOMOCO80
I bought this 2003 125cc Kawasaki about a year ago, it´s my first dirt bike or any motorcycle ever.
Just driving for my own fun.. and it sure is fun! I should get one of these earlier, i just love the sound and smell of 2T!:bowdown:

Agreed! 👍

Nice one. 👍
And I have the same feelings about 2-stroke engines like you, but now I think I´d buy a 4-stroke.

Got a 2008 CRF230F and a 2005 Sherco 200.
The Honda is a great bike for trails and the Sherco I use for trials and playing around.

Bopop4
Got a 2008 CRF230F and a 2005 Sherco 200.
The Honda is a great bike for trails and the Sherco I use for trials and playing around.

What's a Sherco? I have never heard of them. Are they considered one of the exotics or are they just uncommon?

It's cool this thread is still going. Every time it pops up I can't wait to see who else rides.

Thanksgiving break just started for me and that means I'm on my way to Chadwick to ride all weekend! For those of you who don't know Chadwick (Mark Twain International forest) it's an offroad park with loose rock EVERYWHERE. Can't wait to get there!

A Sherco is a brand of trials bike. Look up motorcycle trials on youtube. Also there is Gas Gas, Beta, Montesa. They are all Spanish. The bike weighs 150lb.

Bopop4
A Sherco is a brand of trials bike. Look up motorcycle trials on youtube. Also there is Gas Gas, Beta, Montesa. They are all Spanish. The bike weighs 150lb.

That's got to be an absolute BLAST to ride!

Yeah, I only have the 200 but it will wheelie in 4th gear. :D (its actually a 125 bored and stroked to to 162cc) One finger on the clutch and front brake. The new ones are even smaller then mine and they feel like a bicycle.

Bopop4
Yeah, I only have the 200 but it will wheelie in 4th gear. :D (its actually a 125 bored and stroked to to 162cc) One finger on the clutch and front brake. The new ones are even smaller then mine and they feel like a bicycle.

Iv always thought they would feel like that. hmf I need to ride one someday. Or just buy one :D

Bopop4
Don't ride a new one, you'll be forced to buy one lol.

Well I'm hittin' the trails in about an hour. Really wondering how much easier it would be on your bike then my stock yz250... It's fun for mx'ing and dune riding but the trails are a bit rough for it's BRAAAP style lol

It's fun in the trails even though it dosent even have a seat lol. it is not very well suited to the trails compared to a normal trail bike. The 1st and 2nd gears are almost the same and 3rd is still pretty close. Tnen there's a huge jump for 4th and 5th. 3Psi in the tires dosent help either lol. You must have to really work the clutch in the toght stuff.

Bopop4
It's fun in the trails even though it dosent even have a seat lol. it is not very well suited to the trails compared to a normal trail bike. The 1st and 2nd gears are almost the same and 3rd is still pretty close. Tnen there's a huge jump for 4th and 5th. 3Psi in the tires dosent help either lol. You must have to really work the clutch in the toght stuff.

I would almost rather have that then my bike for this. Actually kinda suprised I only went down once today lol. Also re-discovered I have to jet my bike. I think the pilot is a bit small. It got super hot and started nocking :/ made it back without a problem though!

How tight are the tails that you ride in? The crf230f is 100x better in the trails then the trials bike. You can't beat a pancake flat powerband. Glad to see that you got back without a hole in your piston lol.

Most are barely any more than a single track path. I have a few videos on my gopro I could post and show you. It'll have to wait untill I get home late tomorow. You'll get to see me crash about four times.

Nice, I'd like to see that video. Here's one of me on the Sherco, long wheelie at the end.

Last edited:
Bopop4
Nice, I'd like to see that video. Here's one of me on the Sherco, long wheelie at the end.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/kuyLaxwxjRc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>">YouTube Link</a>

Link is a little fubar. Malformed video id. You got me all excited to watch something cool at school. Meh guess il have to wait till I get home.

Il try and post my videos this afternoon.

Edit: Didn't get the chance to upload them today.

Last edited:
Back