Dirt bikes?

• Thread starter DJones
  • 65 comments
Now what's that bike I see off to the right?
Looks like a trials bike.

Alright I'm finally in the process of uploading the videos. It's going to take a bit.

Edit: Ok it said it was going going to take 15 hours to upload :scared: so I just left it. When I checked it earlier it was doing ok 👍 but I just checked it and someone had turned off the power strip my laptop was plugged into and it died mid upload. I guess il try again tomorow. Maybe from a desktop computer :sly:

Last edited:
Riding season has started!
I was out on my Sherco 200 the past week, the weather was really nice and all of the snow had melted. It made it tricky to cross some stuff as the water was getting up to the footpegs lol. Used $20 worth of gas in 2-3 days.
I am taking the exhaust baffle and intake snorkel out of my CRF230F and rejetting it. Its a well known mod in 230 circles and gives another 1.5HP.

Indeed it has!!

I'm getting my bike out as soon as it dries up a little, gotta keep the yard non-striped ;) I'm already making plans for a trip out to the dunes. It's going to be my first time in the sand on two wheels :nervous:

Our yard is a mess, Dad wasn't too happy about a hairpin around the tree. Grass is torn up on entry from braking, huge rut through the turn and dead grass on exit.
Are you going to get sand tires? It's pretty sketchy with normal ones.
Edit: I'm still waiting for your video lol.
Double Edit: I got my Youtube link working.

Last edited:
Bopop4
Our yard is a mess, Dad wasn't too happy about a hairpin around the tree. Grass is torn up on entry from braking, huge rut through the turn and dead grass on exit.
Are you going to get sand tires? It's pretty sketchy with normal ones.
Edit: I'm still waiting for your video lol.
Double Edit: I got my Youtube link working.

Yeah I'm getting a paddle before I go and gearing it down a bit. And the video... I need to edit it down a bit and leave my computer on overnight. Last time I tried out said it was going to take about 15 hours -_-

Dial-ups a bitch.
Have fun!
I went for another ride today and took some pics, I'll try to upload them tomorrow.

Bopop4
Dial-ups a bitch.
Have fun!
I went for another ride today and took some pics, I'll try to upload them tomorrow.

Actually it's high speed.... Might have been that I was uploading all 30 minutes of it in 720p. I edited it down to about 22. Il upload it tonight. It's been warning up here, next thursday I might head out to the track. It all depends on if I start feeling better, iv been sick for a week 👎

Ugh, that sucks. I'm on my March break so I've been riding every day.
I can't wait till the new jets come in and I can get back on the 230.
My dad said that if sell 1 or 2 of our vintage bikes and the 230, then we would have enough for a KTM 300. :mischievous:

Bopop4
Ugh, that sucks. I'm on my March break so I've been riding every day.
I can't wait till the new jets come in and I can get back on the 230.
My dad said that if sell 1 or 2 of our vintage bikes and the 230, then we would have enough for a KTM 300. :mischievous:

Oh baby the 300 :drool: :drool: :drool: My girlfriend's dad has a ktm 525 and on the rocks that baby rides like a cadillac. Not as fast as my bike, but man I loved that thing.

I want a 300exc soooooo bad. I almost got one to, but the guy that posted the ad wouldn't return my calls 👎

Edit: You got me distracted and I forgot to mention that the video is uploading now. 638 minutes to go and I got it down to 21 minutes instead of 39. SPOILER I face plant at about 9:30.

So I waited to whole 10 hours to find out it's too long to post 👎
Im chopping it in half and uploading it.

Nice and clean, but not for long...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Me.

:guilty:

Rutted fun!

Single track.

Fun if you are going 50Mph+. (Bumps get pretty big at that speed.)

Uh oh. Never fear! The power of trials!
[IMG=http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/2396/dsc05465ve.jpg][/IMG]

If you squint you can kind of see a small bridge. If you fall off of the bridge it is about 5-6 feet of water.:scared:

It didn't really get dirty, and the chain isin't slack, it's just because the tensioner isin't compressed because of the hill. During normal riding it's fine.

Wow, that place makes my trails look like crap.
That was pretty good for only a year.
Here is me on a Honda CRF230F.

Last edited:
I got to ride a 230 the last time I went to chadwick. It was an awesome trails bike and WAY easier to manage than my bike 👍 but I just won't give up that 2t explosion of power :drool:. Plus the way iv started riding recently would destroy a bike set up for the trails :/ I like jumping off anything not flat too much. If I can find the time il try and get a few videos this week of me going off the jumps I made. One of them is a bit sketchy, but you get about 5-7 feet under the wheels!

Lol, my bike bottoms a lot.
I remember this one sand pit and there was a hill that went almost straight up.
You would get so much air but only travel a couple of metres.
On one of the runs the front end slipped out of the sand rut and the bike took off mid-fall.
It hurt a bit when it landed on my lol.

Edit: Ugh, splatters are hard.

Last edited:
New GoPro2 camera!
Flat out with an average speed of 95kmh/59mph.
Straight pipe and the right fork seal is busted so handling is compromised lol.

Out braked myself in this one, the suspension went down so far and was all over the place. It was scary when braking hard. :scared:

Last edited:
Nice! I would get a video of me riding flat out, but I don't have enough room where I live to do that.

Also I'm leaving for Chadwick here in a couple hours! I can't wait man it'll be the second time I get to ride this year!
More videos coming soon 👍

Thanks, hope your ride goes good!
I got in crap from a farmer from riding in a field. :(
He took a photo of the bike and I'm lucky that he didn't report it to the cops.
Funny thing though, my Dad and I were talking and he actually said that he was thinking that if I had a KTM then a photo of a Honda would be useless to the farmer.
We were looking at KTMs anyways but having your parents think like that is just awesome. Going to try to go down to a KTM demo day and see which bike would suit me best. The choices are the 350XC-F/W, 250XC/W, or the 300XC/W.
The bike would be used obviously, (10k for a BIKE?!?!) but there are so many models and I want to feel the difference between the different sizes and the W vs non-W bikes.

Bopop4
Thanks, hope your ride goes good!
I got in crap from a farmer from riding in a field. :(
He took a photo of the bike and I'm lucky that he didn't report it to the cops.
Funny thing though, my Dad and I were talking and he actually said that he was thinking that if I had a KTM then a photo of a Honda would be useless to the farmer.
We were looking at KTMs anyways but having your parents think like that is just awesome. Going to try to go down to a KTM demo day and see which bike would suit me best. The choices are the 350XC-F/W, 250XC/W, or the 300XC/W.
The bike would be used obviously, (10k for a BIKE?!?!) but there are so many models and I want to feel the difference between the different sizes and the W vs non-W bikes.

In my opinion the EXC bikes are the best. They sit right in the middle of everything. Iv got to ride a 300exc, 250sx, 450exc, and a 525exc (looots of friends lol) I freaking loved that 525! It would just plop along without a hassle, but was still nimble despite it being a big bore 4. Try and find a 300exc. That bike is feaking amazing. It has the torque of a for stroke with the zing of a two :)

Unfortuantly I don't have a dirt bike. I've got a three wheeler (1985 Honda 200X) but my bud has a built KX125.

Slashfan
Unfortuantly I don't have a dirt bike. I've got a three wheeler (1985 Honda 200X) but my bud has a built KX125.

Three wheelers may be incredibly dangerous and get around like crap, but man are they fun! Maybe it's just the challenge of keeping it steady on flat ground or keeping the front end down ;)

Edit: Just got back from our first easter ride. A little strange to get back into the swing of things, but fun. After we get done catching our breath at camp we're hitting the trails again 👍

Thanks DJones, but I think that we are set on looking for a smoker. Way less maintenance and cheaper to buy and run. 1000 bucks for the 4 titanium valves of the 350!
I wish there was a 300XC-W dual sport. Glad to here that your ride was good, I was ripping around in our backyard and that was a great time. Floating into the corners under braking and a slight slip angle on exit. You'll probably not belive this but I got my knee down, it was in second or first gear and I was trying to see how far I could lean it in. Knee touched and dragged my leg off of the peg but I held onto it.

Three wheelers may be incredibly dangerous and get around like crap, but man are they fun! Maybe it's just the challenge of keeping it steady on flat ground or keeping the front end down ;)

Edit: Just got back from our first easter ride. A little strange to get back into the swing of things, but fun. After we get done catching our breath at camp we're hitting the trails again 👍

Oh yeah lol it goes everywhere a 4 wheeler goes and then some. For a 200 it hauls ass XD. Someday I want an '86 350X.

dsc05623r.jpg
[/URL]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

Controlled powerslide on corner exit.
DSC05649.jpg
[/url]
free picture hosting[/IMG]
Semi-controlled pain under braking.

Doing some powerslides on the road with dirtbike (knobby tires), Figure 8 style track so you had to cross back over to the other side of the road. Small power wheelie before the 2-3 shift while going back over to the left side of the road. Had to turn a bit to the right to get the bike straightened back up and with the dirt tires there is no grip on the side while on pavement. As soon as I touched the brakes the thing just laid it self onto its right side and I watched it pass me while I was on the ground, sparks flying from the frame. Nothing broken on the bike. (Knew bark busters would save the levers eventually) My leg is meh but my left wrist is killing me.
DSC05647.jpg
[/url]
gif hosting[/IMG]
DSC05647.jpg
[/url]
gif hosting[/IMG]

Dang! Looks like you thumped :sly: your knee pretty good. Here's to a speedy recovery 👍

I'm editing all the videos I got on easter day. Il post the links tonight.

Thanks, me too.
Cool, can't wait to see them.
Update: Was in hospital for 6 hours and left wrist may be broken.
I have a splint an will have to back in a week to see if it is really broken or not.

After I fell I walked it off a bit. 5 minutes and back out ripping, jumps and steep hills hurt a bit but not that bad. Got a bit worse a night and in the morning I couldn't move my hand without and extreme amount of pain. Leg doesn't hurt o put pressure on but it's hard to bend because the skin stretches. Hands in a splint so it feels better but couldn't move it more than 10 degrees. Hurt pretty damn bad when my Mom accidentally grabbed it.

Looks like you got yourself pretty good. I'll never forget trying to climb a really steep him on 3 wheels and having it roll on you...Not fun. However they are light enough so it's like having another really heavy person land on you because they are so light. I myself can pick it up.

Latest Posts

Back