DiRT Rally 2.0 General Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 2,761 comments
I definitely want a tactile unit. But I need advice on which system is the best system.

1. A standard amplifier with speakers and a bass
  2. Buttkicker
  3. Other PC gaming systems like the buttkicker
  4. Or what @Scaff has (I still don't get it what you have exactly).

This could make DR 2.0 more interesting. You know that I hate fake and unrealistic FFB and only want FFB coming through the steering wheel that is felt in real life. DR 2.0 has such a bad FFB engine (or whatever you call it) that fake and unrealistic FFb is welcome.

My set-up works in a similar manner to a Buttkicker, but consists of two separate elements. the power amp and a shaker unit.

Power Amp:

a-21-front_1.jpg

Bass Shaker:

bs100_angle_1.png

While the amp can be driven by a simple audio split-out device (same as you would use for a buttkicker), I drive mine using a split from the Subwoofer feed from my Home Cinema Amp. The reason why I do this is that it sends a dedicated LFE (Low Frequency) signal that supports a much lower range than you normally get with an audio split-ot device. It does however add significantly to the cost if you don't already have an AV system.

My set-up works in a similar manner to a Buttkicker, but consists of two separate elements. the power amp and a shaker unit.

Power Amp:

a-21-front_1.jpg

Bass Shaker:

bs100_angle_1.png

While the amp can be driven by a simple audio split-out device (same as you would use for a buttkicker), I drive mine using a split from the Subwoofer feed from my Home Cinema Amp. The reason why I do this is that it sends a dedicated LFE (Low Frequency) signal that supports a much lower range than you normally get with an audio split-ot device. It does however add significantly to the cost if you don't already have an AV system.
This needs further investigation on my part and will post here when I have questions.

So, after playing a lot of Time Trails, (Just finished Stage 7 of 12 of my make shift WRC thing) and I have to say, I'm loving the Mustang more than I thought I would. In fact, I like it over the Aston Martin. The Porsche is crap, though. And frankly, I figured the Mustang might have the same issues as the Porsche, where it's just supper squirrely, but...it's also heavier than the Porsche and it doesn't have an engine hanging over the back, so it has a bit more stability and I feel NOT having the pendulum effect the Porsche tends to have makes it a bit more predictable, so when it does get out of hand, I know what to do to wrangling it back in.

http://blog.codemasters.com/community/03/dirt-rally-2-0-road-book-20-03-19/

Patch notes:

For those of you keen to know what today’s update will bring, the full list of notes is below:

• Stability improvements across all modes
• Prevented negative times from posting to leaderboards
• OSD Dial can now be enabled in headcam
• New engine audio for Citroen C3 R5 and Ford Mustang GT4
• ‘Upgraded’ trophy/achievement will now unlock
• Darkness issue resolved when using interior cameras
• Softlock will no longer occur if user owns too many vehicles
• Proximity indicators are now available for rallycross
• Prevented exploit for claiming rewards multiple times
• Podium counter will now correctly update in My Team
• Prevented audio cut outs
• Joker Lap cut-scene is now skippable
• Custom online will no longer disconnect users in specific conditions
• Improvements and corrections to text (all languages)
• Improvements to subtitle content
• Accented characters will be entered correctly in user text fields

Please let us know if you’ve seen anything slip through the cracks on the official bug report threads for v1.2, which can be found in the usual places on Steam and on our forums. We’re always listening on our social media channels too, so if there’s anything you’re concerned about – you know where to find us.

Server-side, we’ve also tuned frequency of night stages and bad weather stages. We know a lot of you were reporting that the occurrence of dark/wet stages was a little too frequent, so we’ve done some tweaking to ensure a few more dry and day stages.

It's also been confirmed you can race monte carlo in multiplayer even if you don't have the DLC or deluxe version.

Patch notes:

For those of you keen to know what today’s update will bring, the full list of notes is below:

• Stability improvements across all modes
• Prevented negative times from posting to leaderboards
• OSD Dial can now be enabled in headcam
• New engine audio for Citroen C3 R5 and Ford Mustang GT4
• ‘Upgraded’ trophy/achievement will now unlock
• Darkness issue resolved when using interior cameras
• Softlock will no longer occur if user owns too many vehicles
• Proximity indicators are now available for rallycross
• Prevented exploit for claiming rewards multiple times
• Podium counter will now correctly update in My Team
• Prevented audio cut outs
• Joker Lap cut-scene is now skippable
• Custom online will no longer disconnect users in specific conditions
• Improvements and corrections to text (all languages)
• Improvements to subtitle content
• Accented characters will be entered correctly in user text fields

Please let us know if you’ve seen anything slip through the cracks on the official bug report threads for v1.2, which can be found in the usual places on Steam and on our forums. We’re always listening on our social media channels too, so if there’s anything you’re concerned about – you know where to find us.

Server-side, we’ve also tuned frequency of night stages and bad weather stages. We know a lot of you were reporting that the occurrence of dark/wet stages was a little too frequent, so we’ve done some tweaking to ensure a few more dry and day stages.

It's also been confirmed you can race monte carlo in multiplayer even if you don't have the DLC or deluxe version.
Looks like some nice fixes there, particularly darkness being resolved. Bit disappointing that there is no mention of a night/rain rebalance or FFB improvements.

Looks like some nice fixes there, particularly darkness being resolved. Bit disappointing that there is no mention of a night/rain rebalance or FFB improvements.

yes there is:

Went to do the daily events but the patch is 10 gigs :banghead:
That's because it's downloading all the stages, even if you shouldn't have access to them, so you can take part in multiplayer races on those stages.

Last edited:
No addressing the career losses due to Racenet. That's disappointing. It's my main issue with the game.

Are you still suffering from that? I only had it once or twice in the initial weekend. And even after that it was automagically fixed on CM's end.

Are you still suffering from that? I only had it once or twice in the initial weekend. And even after that it was automagically fixed on CM's end.

It was all good until I lost my 3rd one a few days ago. Actually made me quit playing for a day or so it pissed me off so much. I was in the last stage when I logged on to complete and got the error. :banghead:

They toned down the night and weather chances. ****ing crybabies, It's always the same story.

My career issues like the save file corruption seem to be gone, as well as that credits exploit some smartasses around had found. FFB remains the same basically imo, t300 here, so back to glorious xbox1 controller.

It was all good until I lost my 3rd one a few days ago. Actually made me quit playing for a day or so it pissed me off so much. I was in the last stage when I logged on to complete and got the error. :banghead:

I had about an hour of issues with Racenet a few days ago, but it resolved itself (or they fixed it). Seems fine for me since.

I had about an hour of issues with Racenet a few days ago, but it resolved itself (or they fixed it). Seems fine for me since.
Yeah, it's not the "can't connect to Racenet" thing. It has actually reset 3 careers now because it says Racenet saves don't match my HD saves. I get what they are trying to do to stop cheating, but I refuse to start another career just to get reset.

They toned down the night and weather chances. ****ing crybabies, It's always the same story.

My career issues like the save file corruption seem to be gone, as well as that credits exploit some smartasses around had found. FFB remains the same basically imo, t300 here, so back to glorious xbox1 controller.

This is not some vocal minority ruining everything issue here, everybody who plays the game except you thought the rain and night stages were excessive lol.

Just play with dark sunglasses on then you can feel like some real, hardcore, old school rally driver.

You're the only person who had that view. Why don't you play blindfolded or something.

Cry babies my ass.

I’m seeing people reporting not being able to map peripherals on PC following the patch. Anyone experienced that ?

Slightly concerned that Codemasters think most users are happy with the FFB, despite that I've personally never seen anyone state that, and also despite that some of the FFB sliders are not functional.

Yeah what a bunch of crybabies, people should know in real life rallies only happen at night when it's raining!

Still not seeing you on any leaderboards despite having you in my XBL friends list. I wish I knew what the story is there.

No idea what’s going on there.

Might be something to drop in the bug reporting thread on the CM forums.

Slightly concerned that Codemasters think most users are happy with the FFB, despite that I've personally never seen anyone state that, and also despite that some of the FFB sliders are not functional.

Yeah what a bunch of crybabies, people should know in real life rallies only happen at night when it's raining!

I think part of the issue with the FFB is I reckon that's how it was by design. The wording of "people want it to feel more like DR1" implies this wasn't a bug.

I don't know how a real rally car feels but with 3 rally consultants on board and this is the FFB we get then perhaps it's a fuss about nothing? Who knows.

What's happened with FFB in this game makes for another reason for the next time to take anything these paid sponsored youtuber say with a pinch of salt.

<<The test version I was given had perfeclty working FFB blah blah at least on my wheel blah blah>> lol yah oookay bro ok

Back