DiRT Rally 2.0 General Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 2,761 comments
I bought the standard game at the release. Now I see that there are a lot of dlc's and packs that make the std edition content only ~40% of the full game. Which would be the best option to have full game? Buy dlc's? Wait until full game edition version?

Gave the 'Freude am Fahren' car a couple of tries. It's a tough beast to handle which you have to handle with care. It doesn't like to be pushed on the tail too fast and too hard. But so joyful and rewarding once you pass the finish line with just a couple of scratches

I bought the standard game at the release. Now I see that there are a lot of dlc's and packs that make the std edition content only ~40% of the full game. Which would be the best option to have full game? Buy dlc's? Wait until full game edition version?
Buy deluxe content packs when they are discounted.

There's a Year One Pass which gives you all 4 Seasons of content with a single purchase.

B.Costa.jpg

http://blog.codemasters.com/dirt/09/the-dirt-roadbook-september-6-2019/

• Version 1.8 is here!
  • FIA World Rallycross Championship (and a special DiRT guest) at Lohéac Bretagne
  • Greece Rally – Available September 10

Just got Dirt Rally 2.0 a couple days ago and I’m really enjoying it. For me, it’s not as brutal as Dirt Rally 1 was, however there is a lot of fun factors to the game which I enjoy. Looks stunning, and plays stunning.

I know they’re both different type of games in terms of being an arcade, and a simulation, but it’s a HUGE improvement over Dirt 4.

Are the servers down, i cant seem to acces the career mode?

Yeah, last two times I've tried to play the game I've had issues with it. But today I had to return to the main menu from an event and got a DNF for my trouble and then after a reboot I couldn't even get into the events and it showed all my money was gone too!

Last edited:
It gots such reviews because of the DLC policy.

On the Xbox S the original is better in some ways, due to a more stable frame rate across the game, but I couldn't live without Australia now.
Kind of sad that it's the only new location I really like and I have to pay for the old locations but I did get the deluxe version on sale at least.

Yep..still down. Same issues showing no money etc..just got the steering set points down

Online races are available.... bizarre

Does this have full track side replays or does it keep cutting to internal shots like dirt rally did, used to really annoy me that, you get to a good bit you wanted to see in a replay then it cuts to internal camera...:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Tried a stage in Greece. Fell of the cliff on the first left hander, just like in DR. It is really the same :)

But very good!

Can't wait to throw my Statros or 037 off a cliff later!

I lasted 10 seconds lol! To be fair it was my first time driving the "new" Focus and after that it was plain sailing. (Cannot wait for Finland now)
Even the Stratos was a joy to drive and I got so confident at one point I tried to cut a corner with air!

So how do we get the BMW m2 in my team mode? I just did the qualifier rounds, but it is not there?
According to the updated Codemasters blog post and info on the official forum, the M2 is awarded at the end of each qualifier event (which is to say, weekly).

Ok i bought this guys, i got it yesterday think it looks and sounds great, took me 19 hours to get the 37 gig update..:crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy:

The game has crashed twice now when starting a race, just goes back to the ps home page with error message.... Is it just me?, im not deleting it and trying to download that again.

How does this game NOT have a photomode, its looks superb especially in the wet...
full

full

Also in rally cross, which is mainly why i got it, i have trackside cameras selected, but it still flicks back to interior car shots..grrrrrr just when you want to see a good bit of action....:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Also guys if you can help I just bought 2 extra rallycross circuits and 2 other cars, but nothing is showing up anywhere in game, do i need to unlock them??

Last edited:
Back