DiRT Rally 2.0 General Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 2,761 comments
Just a noob question since I recently started playing a bit more DR2.0... I wanted to buy the Citroen DS21 (FWD H1) but each time I check the purchase vehicles option in the garage, it’s never there. From H1 I always see the Mini and the Fulvia.

Is the DS21 a reward car maybe and impossible to buy? If so, where do I get it? (I barely touched campaign either, so maybe it’s there somewhere).

Is the DS21 a reward car maybe and impossible to buy? If so, where do I get it?
No, it's definitely available to buy, you just have to wait for the inventory to cycle. On the car-buying screen there's a timer that indicates how long until the inventory refreshes (I think it's 8-hour intervals?). If the DS21 isn't available when you check, just try again after the next refresh.

I haven't bought a car in a long time, so I don't know if they've changed it in any of the patches, but it used to be that there were only two different inventory lists, and the game simply cycled back and forth between them, so if a car isn't available now, it always will be after the next refresh.

I really don't know why they even bothered with the cycling-inventory-list thing. In DiRT 4 it kind of made sense because there were rare higher-quality and special livery cars, and it refreshed frequently as you played, but in this game it really serves no purpose.

Enjoy the DS21. Driving it is... well... let's just say it's very relaxing.

No, it's definitely available to buy, you just have to wait for the inventory to cycle. On the car-buying screen there's a timer that indicates how long until the inventory refreshes (I think it's 8-hour intervals?). If the DS21 isn't available when you check, just try again after the next refresh.

I haven't bought a car in a long time, so I don't know if they've changed it in any of the patches, but it used to be that there were only two different inventory lists, and the game simply cycled back and forth between them, so if a car isn't available now, it always will be after the next refresh.

I really don't know why they even bothered with the cycling-inventory-list thing. In DiRT 4 it kind of made sense because there were rare higher-quality and special livery cars, and it refreshed frequently as you played, but in this game it really serves no purpose.

Enjoy the DS21. Driving it is... well... let's just say it's very relaxing.

Ok thanks a lot for the tip! That indeed worked. And I agree it’s a bit silly if it just rotates between 2 selections every 8 hours, I don’t see the use of it either.

I have another noob question, under the daily/weekly/monthly challenges some events have a “bonus” indication on then, others have a “D+” on them. What do these mean?

I have another noob question, under the daily/weekly/monthly challenges some events have a “bonus” indication on then, others have a “D+” on them. What do these mean?

I think bonus is an event which is just -well uh- a bonus and accessible for everyone. D+ only if you own the Deluxe version. And you will also see events for which you have to own the season3+4 'pass'.

Dirt Rally 1 has been yanked from PS Store.

They say it's a licencing issue but I got another more obvious reason in my mind......

Licenses aren't expiring any time soon. We picked up on this and started investigating right away, game should be up on the store again soon if it isn't already by the time I post this.

DR2_Peugeot_306Maxi-(3).JPG

http://blog.codemasters.com/dirt-rally-2-0/09/the-dirt-roadbook-september-20-2019/

• Neste World RX of Latvia Recap
  • DiRT Rally 2.0 World Series: Round 1 Continues
  • Peugeot 306 Maxi & Seat Ibiza Kit Car – Coming September 24
  • DiRT Rally 2.0 – Coming to Xbox Game Pass on September 26

"Bonus" events use DLC locations or cars and require you to own that DLC.
"D+" events are extra events for season pass owners, and require you to own the current DLC season pass.
Occasionally there are also "Promo" events which allow you to try out DLC content even if you don't own it.

They should clarify the situation with the deluxe edition and the High reward events in the localized stores. On the English playstation store they put these under the season 1 and 2 part. But on the dutch store they list it separate from the seasons:

- Seizoen I: (3 circuits en 5 auto's) (DiRT Season I: x3 tracks x5 cars )
- Seizoen II: (3 circuits en 5 auto's) (DiRT Season II: x3 tracks x5 cars )
- Bonussen in het spel: inc. Founders-badge (In-Game Bonuses and founders badge)
- Exclusieve evenementen in het spel met hoge beloningen (High reward events )

So based on the localized description the high reward events should still be available. It is not really a problem because there are plenty other bonus events, but it is just annoying when there is a car and track combo that you already own but still cant play the event.

Wait... Codemasters are basically selling the content from the first DiRT Rally again?
Greece, Focus 2001, Impreza 2001, now these... I'm getting flashbacks.

Good news :)

Stop paying for old content now ^^ No need for a deluxe pass, super deluxe pass, super duper awesome deluxe pass for 30€ each :D

So this game or wrc8. I think dirt rally 2.0. Wins by a long shot in every way.
I'd have to disagree, for me WRC 8 comes out ahead in the areas that matter to me. Content wise it offers far better value, stage design it wins out on and in terms of physics it equal on gravel and ahead on tarmac in comparison to DR2.0. The dynamic weather also makes a lot of difference, making tyre choice a real factor.

DR2.0 is better looking and better sounding, but for me these don't make enough of a difference to put it ahead.

I'd have to disagree, for me WRC 8 comes out ahead in the areas that matter to me. Content wise it offers far better value, stage design it wins out on and in terms of physics it equal on gravel and ahead on tarmac in comparison to DR2.0. The dynamic weather also makes a lot of difference, making tyre choice a real factor.

DR2.0 is better looking and better sounding, but for me these don't make enough of a difference to put it ahead.

WRC8 stage quality varies alot. The new locations are great, old ones like Finland and Sweden are not.

DR2_Dashcam_Compare_SUBARU.gif

http://blog.codemasters.com/dirt/09/the-dirt-roadbook-september-27-2019/

• DiRT Rally 2.0 – Available Now on Xbox Game Pass, PC Version on Microsoft Store
  • Peugeot 306 Maxi & Seat Ibiza Kit Car – Available now in DiRT Rally 2.0
  • DiRT Rally 2.0 World Series – Round 1’s Final Week
  • Oculus SDK Support – Coming to Steam Next Week
  • “Dashcam” – Coming in Version 1.9 Next Week
  • Broadcast Mode (Beta) – Coming in Version 1.9 Next Week

@GTPNewsWire

What is up with the water splash in Dirt Rally 2.0 on Xbox One X? For example on Wales Sweet Lamb the water splash in Dirt Rally 1 looked and sounded great. Now in DR2 on X1X there is barely any splash (both sound and visuals). It’s really disappointing.

PJ could you check with the devs what’s going on here? Surely this cannot be intended.

Ooof, just picked this up on Game Pass for free (?!) and it's amazing. Just had a few races on career so far, but it looks fantastic (on PC) and the handling is great...

I play this game fairly regularly but today on a stage in Germany I nearly hit a deer crossing the road! First I ever saw a random occurrence of wildlife in the game and honestly didn't even know they added that stuff in, considering how long I've been playing and haven't encountered it before.

I know Dirt 4 had random animal sightings, so it's a cool detail to see carried over to DR 2.0. The details in the game still amaze me.

The dash cam is so much better with the A110. No comparison with the cockpit cam that put you in the back seat at its front most position. Now you can actually get a good seat of the pants feel from the car.

Thank you Thank you Thank you

Latest Posts

Back