DiRT Rally 2.0 General Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 2,761 comments
I’d like to see Monthly events that have a mix of new and legacy locations.

Currently the Bonus are just the legacy events from DR1, and the others (regular and D+) are just the new locations.

The more integrated the Monthly events the better.

Last edited:
I hope to see more rallycross stuff, like Finland and turkey, also with older rallycross cars like the DS3 and the Saab 9-6

After enjoying Dirt 4 I decided to get Dirt Rally 2.0 too at some point. I have two questions.

Is a wheel a necessity with this game, or can I still survive with the gamepad?

Is tarmac driving improved? That was one of my few criticisms with Dirt 4, sliding too much in tarmac, floaty feeling.

Thanks!

After enjoying Dirt 4 I decided to get Dirt Rally 2.0 too at some point. I have two questions.

Is a wheel a necessity with this game, or can I still survive with the gamepad?

Is tarmac driving improved? That was one of my few criticisms with Dirt 4, sliding too much in tarmac, floaty feeling.

Thanks!
Gamepad works great. Wheel may be more immersive, but you can drive perfectly well (and fast) with a controller. It seems like Codemasters games in general have excellent gamepad implementation, probably because the developers know that console gamers make up a significant portion of their sales. Some of the more PC-centric sims struggle with gamepad implementation, but DR2.0 and (pleasant surprise) ACC prove that you CAN have good physics and good gamepad controls in one game.

Physics are improved across the board, although the tarmac is maybe not quite on the same level as the gravel.

Lydden Hill made it to the PS4 . Nice addition.

It's a bit quiet here.

I am not loosing interest, just playing DR2.0 on a daily basis.
Probably quiet due to a mixture between waiting for more content and people are mad because what's said to be the official WRX game getting a full WRX dlc season.

What would that mean: full wrx dlc season?

For me variety in cars is quite important, hence DR2. I hope the teaser of the 2020 surprise will be worth it!

What would that mean: full wrx dlc season?

For me variety in cars is quite important, hence DR2. I hope the teaser of the 2020 surprise will be worth it!
Season 4, what we're doing now is all WRX stuff.

I mean I'm not mad, I enjoy the rallycross stuff more than the rally stuff honestly

I just installed the latest patch. Regular ps4 Deluxe owner and Season 2 buyer. G29 and TH8a

After the patch, the option for gearing : "manual H with clutch OR sequential" Has no effect at all anymore. I have to manually select the transmission type, just as it was when the game launched.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Probably a hardware problem on my end

Last edited:
Tyred of the lack of grip and most weird car physics specially on tarmac, have I come back to dr1 for a month already and..., I was so mistaken. DR2 is by no means better than DR1 physics and handling. I am a fool for having ever thought dr2 was better. It was just switching to dr1 ands reality took over subjective judgement in a matter of minutes.

No more Dirt 4 again codemasters, ever, regardless you add more grip or less and put a dirt rally label on it. Ever.

Let's hope next dirt has something of pc2 gravel physics, now that sms has been taken over. There's still some Driveclub devs sticking around at CM as well, so let us hope for the best spawning from that mix of three.

Anybody know of there's anything good in the new patch please?

EDIT.
Found the patch notes, nothing about fixing the terrible ffb.

lack of grip
If anything, DR2.0 has too much grip, which explains why I, a merely decent driver, can lap RX circuits faster than the real life pros.

Will the AI use the 2019 cars instead of the 2018 cars in the WRX mode?
From the patch notes: "Note: FIA World Rallycross Championship will continue to use 2018 Supercars. 2019 Supercars integration will come in a future update."

@Titzon Toast , If you don't like the FFB in DR2.0, than I think it is best to move on. I don't think (and I don't think it is needed) it will change.
Why should I move on? I bought the game, I was a huge fan of the first one. CM should fix it. If you think the ffb is acceptable then that says a lot about you. You move on.

Agreement proves to be challenging. I don't even know how RX handles. Never tried it, never will
The RX Supercars handle pretty much like R5 cars, only with 600 hp instead of <300. Anyway it's literally the same physics, it's not as if they programmed an entirely separate physics simulation just for a different discipline; it's just cars with somewhat different performance parameters. And as I mentioned, they are demonstrably too fast around circuits in comparison to reality. Of course track conditions, weather, etc. play a role in any lap time, so I wouldn't necessarily expect a 1:1 correlation, but still, I'm pretty sure this is the only sim or near-sim driving game where I've ever exceeded the pace of real-world drivers.

Why should I move on? I bought the game, I was a huge fan of the first one. CM should fix it. If you think the ffb is acceptable then that says a lot about you. You move on.

But I like it. So why and where do you suggest that I move on to?

Hi there, I picked up Dirt Rally 2.0 recently after holding off for a while. I am really enjoying it so much that i picked it up again on the ps store because it was the Super Deluxe version with all the DLC. My question is, How is the DLC content included into the game. For example are the DLC locations included and added into Career mode events? It would be a shame if they are only available in the community events and single player freeplay.

I was just in career last night, and seemed like all the locations were in there. I did a championship in career mode with the WICKED Renault rwd turbo car, damn that’s a responsive awesome car, but I had to retire from the last event and I switched my career back to the Ford Rwd h2 I think it is...Still rated pro yay. Doubt I would be though if I kept up in career with the Renault, it’s awesome, but I definitely like introducing it to trees....It’s a bit too much car for me for an extended championship in career...
I think it’s just a great game...

My question is, How is the DLC content included into the game. For example are the DLC locations included and added into Career mode events?
Yes. Career championships use locations randomly selected from those available (base game + DLC). You won't see every location in every championship, but they all have the same random chance of being selected. If you're in the middle of a championship already, you'll have to finish or abandon it in order to get a new random selection for the next championship.

I was just in career last night, and seemed like all the locations were in there. I did a championship in career mode with the WICKED Renault rwd turbo car, damn that’s a responsive awesome car, but I had to retire from the last event and I switched my career back to the Ford Rwd h2 I think it is...Still rated pro yay. Doubt I would be though if I kept up in career with the Renault, it’s awesome, but I definitely like introducing it to trees....It’s a bit too much car for me for an extended championship in career...
I think it’s just a great game...

Haha i know the feeling. I played a lot of Dirt rally so i went straight into career with the highest performance car available to me. The Porsche 911 RGT. After hardly getting halfway into the first Australian stage before mating firmly with a tree i realised it was probably better to start a bit smaller so started the rallycross in the Super 1600's to get some cash and learn the game a bit.

I agree, A great game. I shouldnt have held off on it for so long.

Yes. Career championships use locations randomly selected from those available (base game + DLC). You won't see every location in every championship, but they all have the same random chance of being selected. If you're in the middle of a championship already, you'll have to finish or abandon it in order to get a new random selection for the next championship.

Ah great, That is what i was hoping for. Thanks for answering.👍

Last edited:
i know the feeling. I played a lot of Dirt rally so i went straight into career with the highest performance car available to me. The Porsche 911 RGT. After hardly getting halfway into the first Australian stage before mating firmly with a tree i realised it was probably better to start a bit smaller so started the rallycross in the Super 1600's to get some cash and learn the game a bit.

I agree, A great game. I shouldnt have held off on it

I found daily community challenges in H2 rwd great, also career great either Alpine or Ford because you can make money and fixing them is cheap. I kept a half million in reserve and built up my engineers. Now I have a full team they fix everything quick. For a championship run you need to have that team imo, in case you ‘overpush’
At first without a good team to support the car the littlest mistakes cost big time.
I love the way the games setup captures rallying, sometimes just finishing is a victory.
The lower classes are what I like. Group B is insane, the modern rallycars, I dunno people are ungodly fast in those.
The GTI that’s on the game cover is totally awesome too.
Have fun.

I would still like to purchase the S3&S4 pack but it’s £20.

The super deluxe version of the game is only £30 in the sale.

@PJTierney Any idea why the add-on pack isn’t in the sale? (Sorry for moaning.) It just doesn’t seem like good value for those of us that already own the digital version of the deluxe edition. :(

Back