DiRT Rally 2.0 General Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 2,761 comments
Ireland
Codemasters (EA)
PJTierney

Official Website

RISE TO THE CHALLENGE

DiRT Rally 2.0 dares you to carve your way through a selection of iconic rally locations from across the globe, in the most powerful off-road vehicles ever made, knowing that the smallest mistake could end your stage.

Features:
  • Improved handling model compared to DiRT Rally.
  • Stage degradation and track surface evolution.
  • Rally environments (at launch): New Zealand, Australia, Argentina, Spain, Poland, USA
  • Official game of the FIA World Rallycross Championship

@MagpieRacer has posted a Locations list here.

screenshot_001.jpg
screenshot_002.jpg
screenshot_003.jpg
screenshot_004.jpg
screenshot_005.jpg
screenshot_006.jpg
screenshot_007.jpg
screenshot_008.jpg
screenshot_009.jpg
screenshot_010.jpg
screenshot_011.jpg
screenshot_012.jpg
screenshot_013.jpg
screenshot_014.jpg
screenshot_015.jpg
screenshot_016.jpg
screenshot_017.jpg
screenshot_018.jpg

Last edited:
We pretty much already have 2 discussion threads don't we? The one you linked in your post and the one stop shop. Not sure we need another.

We pretty much already have 2 discussion threads don't we? The one you linked in your post and the one stop shop. Not sure we need another.
One’s a preview article discussion and the other’s mainly focused on the first game from what I can tell.

I don’t mind either way :)

The people shall decide :D if it gets active and takes over then cool.

Feel free to link my car list and location list threads in your OP for ease of access.

Hope it works well on One S. Not the X, I know, but hope at least the framerate is stable and graphics are as good as in the first game.

I always played the Dirt games on the pad and they were great at that.

How are they on wheel? Im on G29 now.

I remember first Dirt Rally running on base xb1 at 60fps, so I'd say there is high chance of Dirt Rally 2 running on PS4 at 60fps.

The first Dirt Rally runs 60fps on ps4. That does not neccesarily mean 2.0 will run the same. I cant find a source that confirms the Fps for Dirt rally 2.0 on Ps4.

The first Dirt Rally runs 60fps on ps4. That does not neccesarily mean 2.0 will run the same. I cant find a source that confirms the Fps for Dirt rally 2.0 on Ps4.
I hope it's at 60fps like Dirt Rally 1. As much as I like V-Rally 4, it runs at 30fps on base PS4 and isn't easy to play long term. Need smooth frame rate for rally games!

I hope it's at 60fps like Dirt Rally 1. As much as I like V-Rally 4, it runs at 30fps on base PS4 and isn't easy to play long term. Need smooth frame rate for rally games!

I agree. For most other type of games I dont mind 30 fps at all. Only simulation (racing etc.) games (and Fps) really need 60 fps. Its strange I cant find a source that confirms or denies 60 fps.

I agree. For most other type of games I dont mind 30 fps at all. Only simulation (racing etc.) games (and Fps) really need 60 fps. Its strange I cant find a source that confirms or denies 60 fps.

I'm 99% sure it's 60fps. Dirt rally 1 was as was dirt 4. All the footage I've seen has been 60fps as well.

On a related note, Xbox One X stats: 60fps in gameplay, 30fps in replays.

Also has an option in the settings to play in 4K.

It may have HDR too but I've only been playing through my capture card which doesn't have HDR passthrough.

I hope somebody knows the answer.

After the release of Dirt Rally 2.0, you can buy DLC 1 and 2. Is it going to be possible to buy season 2 separately or do you have to buy season 1 and 2 together?

I hope somebody knows the answer.

After the release of Dirt Rally 2.0, you can buy DLC 1 and 2. Is it going to be possible to buy season 2 separately or do you have to buy season 1 and 2 together?

All components of both seasons will be purchasable separately.

All components of both seasons will be purchasable separately.
Thanks for the heads up.

I think that season two is going to have the three missing official World Rallycross championship tracks. 7 are included in the Standard Edition and there are three tracks in season 2. This could mean that the three tracks in the season 2 DLC are going to be the 3 missing official tracks in the Standard Edition.

How does the game run on the OG PS4?

I know that it is supposed to run at 60fps but we’ve only seen Pro, X and PC footage.

Back