DiRT Rally 2.0 General Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 2,761 comments
But is it random throughout the career or will every race in career mode have the same weather for every player?

Haven't been into career mode yet personally. When you do custom championships it is random or you can set it yourself.

I'm pretty sure the answer is no, but is there any cross-play? Since it is online required and racenet controls everything you would think at least the leader boards could be inclusive of all platforms.

I'm am seriously in a quandry. With my I7/1080ti I think the PC will be the best version yet my friends are going to be mostly on PS4. I make take the performance hit since racing is better with friends regardless of the platform. :)

I'm pretty sure the answer is no, but is there any cross-play? Since it is online required and racenet controls everything you would think at least the leader boards could be inclusive of all platforms.

I'm am seriously in a quandry. With my I7/1080ti I think the PC will be the best version yet my friends are going to be mostly on PS4. I make take the performance hit since racing is better with friends regardless of the platform. :)

There is an option for the leaderboards to show all platforms, which is good. You can also set it to just your platform if you wish.

PvP as I understand it is limited to the platform you're playing on.

You just had to didn't you :P:lol:

👍
Glad you liked it :)

I saw the same profile pic over on the Codemasters forums which I'm presuming is yours.

---

As for My Team requiring a connection:

https://forums.codemasters.com/topic/178-dirty-gossip-thread/?do=findComment&comment=400335

Hey folks, an answer on Career Mode - you do need to be online for the My Team campaign. There are a few different reasons why, but the main one is so your results can be verified by the server. Essentially, it's to ensure that we don't have any hacking/cheating shenanigans. Hope that helps clarify things!

I know they won't be there at release and I read somewhere the Codemasters lost the Pikes Peak license but does anyone know if hill climbs are part of the Dirt Rally 2.0 roadmap?

Real rally drivers must have nerves as steel. Driving so fast with powerful rally cars on unknown stages and on top of that, they constantly have to listen to a guy next to them always nagging about how they have to drive.

I would go crazy if I have to listen to that guy all the time. :P

Me >>> *Oh you shut up you. I know what I'm doing*. Slap!

:bowdown:
for rallycross.

Real rally drivers must have nerves as steel. Driving so fast with powerful rally cars on unknown stages and on top of that, they constantly have to listen to a guy next to them always nagging about how they have to drive.

I would go crazy if I have to listen to that guy all the time. :P

Me >>> *Oh you shut up you. I know what I'm doing*. Slap!

:bowdown:
for rallycross.

Here's a story I think you'll find entertaining!!!! Hahaha

Top British rally driver, Mark Fischer, today found himself at the centre of a storm of controversy after confessing that he had absolutely no idea what his long-term co-driver, Gethyn Davis, was talking about during races.

It had been assumed that co-drivers were reading ‘pace notes’, a series of instructions describing how to negotiate the road layout ahead, but Fischer claims the notes are ‘total nonsense’ and that he has simply been humouring his co-driver all these years. ‘It’s just gibberish,’ he said. ‘But the regulations say that there must be two people in the car at all times during the race, and Gethyn was a good mate so I always just took him along for the ride.’

Davis is reported to be furious at Fischer’s statement and maintains that they were equal partners in the team, but Fisher has been quick to dismiss this.

‘Oh, come on,’ he said. ‘I mean, ’50 5-left and stop 2-right half minus braking into K-right 90 maybe and absolute crest 500′. What the hell am I supposed to make of that when I’m flat out over a jump sideways at 90mph?’

This is not the first time Fischer has courted controversy over the role of co-drivers. In 2009, after finding himself without a co-driver for the Jyvaskyla Rally in Finland, he kidnapped a homeless man and forcibly strapped him into the passenger seat to ensure that the two-people-in-each-car rule was complied with. The stunt only came to light when onboard footage taken during the race revealed that rather than reading the ‘pace notes’, the Finnish co-driver was in fact screaming the words ‘Oh ****!’ over and over again, occasionally interspersed with other phrases including, ‘Watch out for that house’ and ‘Slow down, you mad bastard’.

That said, I love the game!!!! I stayed up way too late last night to try it out at midnight and got four hours of sleep because of it!!! To me, it was worth the deluxe version to have the 95 Impreza. My real rally car has a blown engine (see profile pic) so Dirt 2.0 is a much appreciated distraction until I have mine up and running again!!!!

^Believe me that the 205GTI is one the many wellcome surprises of the car selection they went for in DR2 I cannot wait to drive.

Btw it looks like controller handling is at least as good as ever, so there may be not be even the need of plugging the wheel at all but only to see how it plays too. Some folks report controller handling got even better which is difficult to believe as it's always been perfect before. That true and in which sense may they be referring to?

My first wheel run in the game, good one to watch if you want to be reassured that you will be punished for running wide :lol:

And the worst punishment is usually dished out less than a km away from the finish.

What sound am I hearing in the background? Is it gravel noise? Sounds really strange and like a loop over the entire stage.

I’d better not watch any more gameplay videos. I’ve already got that stage halfway memorized.

And I really hope the damage/repair model is as punishing as the touted brutal stage design. “When in doubt, crash and pay out” is what I say.

Last edited:
And the worst punishment is usually dished out less than a km away from the finish.

What sound am I hearing in the background? Is it gravel noise? Sounds really strange and like a loop over the entire stage.

I’d better not watch any more gameplay videos. I’ve already got that stage halfway memorized.

And I really hope the damage/repair model is as punishing as the touted brutal stage design. “When in doubt, crash and payout” is what I say.

That sound was a glitch I encountered when I hit the finish post, the hit sound seemed to stay in the replay.

^Believe me that the 205GTI is one the many wellcome surprises of the car selection they went for in DR2 I cannot wait to drive.

Btw it looks like controller handling is at least as good as ever, so there may be not be even the need of plugging the wheel at all but only to see how it plays too. Some folks report controller handling got even better which is difficult to believe as it's always been perfect before. That true and in which sense may they be referring to?
This game is the closest any has gotten to nailing that "Forza feel" on a controller in my opinion.

Here's my settings:

@aTTaX Johnson recommends Sensitivity 80, Linearity 3 for the faster cars.

Trying the game for the very first time on my PS4 and it’s telling me RaceNet service is not available.
Anyone else getting this?

My latest event has not registered because racenet went down while I was in the middle of it. This mandatory racenet connection is nuts.
Trying the game for the very first time on my PS4 and it’s telling me RaceNet service is not available.
Anyone else getting this?

I wouldn't know. I've been downloading since yesterday on Steam. Still got 4 hours to go. Living in the wilderness has its drawbacks. :)

I wouldn't know. I've been downloading since yesterday on Steam. Still got 4 hours to go. Living in the wilderness has its drawbacks. :)

You’re not missing much at this point. I turned the game off after 15 minutes as it’s currently undriveable with the wheel issue.

You’re not missing much at this point. I turned the game off after 15 minutes as it’s currently undriveable with the wheel issue.

I don't think it's undrivable at all. The weight of the wheel is still there.

Back