DiRT Rally 2.0 General Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 2,761 comments
Well with seasons 3 and 4 announced I might be tempted because of the 206 and 306.

Does all the original DR content come with variable weather and track déformation ?

DR2_S3_Teaser.png

DR2_S4_Teaser.png

http://www.codemasters.com/dirt-rally-2-0-seasons-3-4-launching-from-august-2019/

http://blog.codemasters.com/dirt/08/seasons-3-4-of-dirt-rally-2-0-are-on-the-way/

@GTPNewsWire @SlipZtrEm

Well with seasons 3 and 4 announced I might be tempted because of the 206 and 306.

Does all the original DR content come with variable weather and track déformation ?
Have a link to the announcement by chance?

Edit: Beat to the punch already! lol

Great to see additional seasons confirmed at last. Looking forward to Finland and Greece in particular.

I still haven’t gotten into the RX portion of the game. It looks fun but the longer rally stages always seem to steal my attention. For this reason I’m slightly disappointed that Season 4 is RX content entirely. Rally cars like the Subaru Impreza coupe (CMR cover car), Skoda Octavia, Seat Cordoba, Nissan Silvia (Group B) and mid-2000s Mitsubishi Lancer would have been awesome. What’s coming is obviously better than nothing, don’t get me wrong.

At the end of the day I’m just glad that all rally locations from the first game are coming back. While the new locations in 2.0 are also great, the first game’s locations are legendary.

Last edited:
Season 3 looks good! The 206 WRC is the standout car for me, brings back memories from some of the first rally games I played. 👍

Season 4 is... Less so. Even if Season 4 was any good, I doubt I would purchase it anyway due to other games being released this holiday season.

I'm slightly disappointed that the Deluxe Edition doesn't get the new seasons, but I understand that's probably asking for a bit too much :lol:

The new germany rx track is not there in the ps store for me to download. I am in canada. Anyone else not able to find it. I know this has happened before...

The new germany rx track is not there in the ps store for me to download. I am in canada. Anyone else not able to find it. I know this has happened before...

DR2 season items are typically not available in the North American PS Stores until later in the day I’ve found. Something to do with the PS Store release schedule apparently. Once it wasn’t until the next day. I don’t bother checking until the evening now..

European Deluxe owner here. I can buy it, but that is not my intention. The entitle free option is not available in The Netherlands.

European Deluxe owner here. I can buy it, but that is not my intention. The entitle free option is not available in The Netherlands.
Same problem persists on xbox store not available for deluxe owner's but always available to purchase,happens every time no more passes for me I'm out

No good in Oz either. Wants payment still, deluxe entitlement hasn't gone through. Not paying twice for it. Disappointing when they're about to try and sell extra content in Season 3 and 4. Hopefully they get it sorted soon.

Edit - Sorted last night, thanks PJ for the comms and updates.:cheers:

Last edited:
Never had those issues here in the U.S., the content has always been available for "free" for Deluxe owners and Germany was no exception. I was able to download it yesterday evening on PS4. Very strange, indeed.

@PJTierney Thanks for your frequent updates with also easy to understand guides (even for this Dutchie). I used the recommended Steam/Oculus VR settings and that improved the experience and thus fun enormously.

Season 3&4 will probably be my birthday gift (Aug 24) from my kids. Because our son also likes to race in DR2.0. Smart guy just like his father ;)

Full format RX is broken. Problem being the six cars on semi-final grids aren't positioned in the correct starting formation, meaning the sixth car on the grid is placed on top of another car. It's basically the qualifying starting formation without room for the extra car. At one time my car was under the rogue car on top, and it resulted in terminal damage before the race had even started. This happened in Custom Championship mode.

Has it always been like this, or is this a new bug? Out of the five or so full-format RX championships I've entered, only one didn't have this bug. Apparently the trigger for the bug has nothing to do with specific car classes or tracks. I've never tried RX in DR2.0 before yesterday, but this issue has not left a great first impression.

Last edited:
I finally added a bit of off-throttle braking to my game set up and what a nice difference it makes! I have been playing since day one with it turned off and have developed my game skills nicely, posting a good amount of global top-ten stage times (Xbox). It took a bit of getting used to, but the off-throttle braking seems to allow much better drifting control and throttle modulation. I only have it set at 1 for now. Anyone else finding a bit of off-throttle braking beneficial?

Back