DiRT Rally Screenshot Thread - Read The OP!

• Thread starter G.T.Ace
  • 358 comments
Zomie driver!
DiRT Rally_20160418002229.png
DiRT Rally_20160418002358.png
DiRT Rally_20160418002440.png
DiRT Rally_20160418002846.png

@ScandyFlik mmm Me too, actually more than I should:ill:. If I lived in Wales near any of those roads driving home after work through them I wouldn't have much car left after work :lol:

@MXH Cool RallyX shots you captured the 'action' and see you are enjoying this 👍. I can't seem to get into this again. I loved it in Dirt 2/3 with the bridges and heavy gravel in the Evo X in 'Smelter' for example, these tracks/cars seem much more 'slidy' and not as fun..I will try again but I can't seem to also keep up with the cars they blast away so fast from the line.:boggled:

@MXH Cool RallyX shots you captured the 'action' and see you are enjoying this 👍. I can't seem to get into this again. I loved it in Dirt 2/3 with the bridges and heavy gravel in the Evo X in 'Smelter' for example, these tracks/cars seem much more 'slidy' and not as fun..I will try again but I can't seem to also keep up with the cars they blast away so fast from the line.:boggled:
Thanks! Yes, I'm really enjoying the rallycross cars (and the tracks too) and haven't had an itch to return to rally and hillclimb just yet in the last two days. Rallycross was undoubtedly my favorite discipline in DiRT 2 as well in DiRT 3 and where I spent most of my time in those games. DR and the previous games have also reignited my love for the sport. 4WD 600hp beasts on mixed surface tracks and insanely close racing, what's not to love?

I've been comfortably winning on very hard difficulty in custom events, regardless of car, weather and track combination, but that's only after giving the cars a fair and honest chance as I found them incredibly tricky and frustrating to drive before (in the very few races I did previously). I started the Professional RX Championships yesterday and even with my unupgraded Fiesta, I was winning some of the races by 3-6 seconds and setting best lap times. As for the starts, the AI is fast off the line but I haven't struggled as much as some appears to have. I've actually been getting pretty decent starts lately, with usually only one of the AI opponents being half a car length ahead of me. But I assume that all this will change once I get to Elite and Master difficulty.

:P

Last edited:
MXH
...4WD 600hp beasts on mixed surface tracks and insanely close racing, what's not to love?...
What's the MP like though? I remember D2 and 3 being full of the usual rammers and idiots trying to go the other way - it's what put me off RX in games.

There's nothing stopping you starting a crash thread @ScandyFlik :)

What's the MP like though? I remember D2 and 3 being full of the usual rammers and idiots trying to go the other way - it's what put me off RX in games.
Once I've fully upgraded my Fiesta, I'll give you a report. But I expect no less than rage inducing sore losers and rammers as in DiRT 2 and 3. Still managed a 60%+ Win ratio and a podium finish in at least 8 or 9 out of 10 races in those games.

Filthy casuals :P

Edit:Thanks guys, I will give it a go in my wheel & see how I will get on. I will not play any 'Rally' until I have mastered these RX tracks and cars! :irked: 👍

Last edited:
I have to admit that this looks miles better than Milestone's effort.
I'm not so sure. Certainly within game DR is a lot better...but with the lack of photo mode, you'll start to notice this thread fading out after all the pre-baked angles and times of day have been posted up here - I mean, you'll get some repetition but basically, once an angle has been captured there won't be much incentive to post: I cite the Dirt 2 and 3 photo mode threads as examples.

SLRE had options in it's photo mode that meant more angles and such could be captures: you could make a moment personal - yours to show the world without fear that someone else might post the exact same image ten minutes later.

But photo mode isn't everything ;) It is a thrilling game and a joy to wrestle with if you enjoy sim-style rallying.

I have been trying to vary my shots out of replay and actual 'live play' screen grabs at speed some have worked others just caught the dust or strange views!

[url=https://flic.kr/p/FuXhSv]DiRT Rally_20160418201849 by torque99, on Flickr[/URL]
[url=https://flic.kr/p/G17PoA]DiRT Rally_20160418201635 by torque99, on Flickr[/URL]
[url=https://flic.kr/p/Gh57Cs]DiRT Rally_20160418201543 by torque99, on Flickr[/URL]
[url=https://flic.kr/p/FuLPKf]DiRT Rally_20160418201501 by torque99, on Flickr[/URL]

[url=https://flic.kr/p/Gh4Ydw]DiRT Rally_20160418201150 by torque99, on Flickr[/URL]

@MeanElf Yes photomode in SLR offered more in terms of angles but I mean the graphical quality of Dirt seems really well done. It has a more current gen feeling to it and the sounds seem better as well.
I'm going to agree with @MeanElf that photomode isn't everything, but it adds so much to the game. I'm genuinely disappointed that we won't ever see the feature in DR now that we have a definitive answer from Paul. Still, this game runs a near flawless 60fps at all times - with the very, very rare framerate dips and screen-tearing at Monte Carlo, looks better graphically and sounds are night and day in comparison to SLRE. I'll take that.

Continuing with some more pictures of the Focus RS that I took a few days ago. 1st place in Monte Carlo in the Elite Championship :)

Y0QXAL7.png

t0bnL1R.png

5IuZbT6.png

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back