DiRT Rally Thread

Well chose the Hyundai for Masters.....not sure why... looking forward to getting the upgrades! But a nice car that you can really feel the extra grip and handling and confidence that a modern day rally car should give you. Happy days.

They are working on a fix :)

Screenshot_20160617-132654_zpsp0szd1je.png

Everyone knows. Codemasters are working on a fix.

Yes and if ot was a certain other game people would be saying "you should of got a PS4 / PC / better PC / better wheel ..." "mines OK must be yours"... "why are you picking on Ian"... etc etc etc..

They have been saying that for two whole months. It has been acknowledged by Codemasters since the game's release. The reason you don't see them anymore is just that we have given up,since we T300RS users were just responded with 'we are working on it' and there are no fix until today. Only until now when more wheel users are screwed have this issue been concerned about.

Personally I think you should get SLRE instead. Its physics is far better than this game(where car details look good,but don't drive like real ones). FFB is quite good as well. I'm sure it will be better than sitting here while hearing that 'we're working on it' thing.

I'm surprised people actually tried to protect the devs,when they are so notorious for the F1 games and new Dirt games...

They have been saying that for two whole months. It has been acknowledged by Codemasters since the game's release. The reason you don't see them anymore is just that we have given up,since we T300RS users were just responded with 'we are working on it' and there are no fix until today. Only until now when more wheel users are screwed have this issue been concerned about.

Personally I think you should get SLRE instead. Its physics is far better than this game(where car details look good,but don't drive like real ones). FFB is quite good as well. I'm sure it will be better than sitting here while hearing that 'we're working on it' thing.

I'm surprised people actually tried to protect the devs,when they are so notorious for the F1 games and new Dirt games...

Sorry way off with the SLRE quip, DiRT physics are fantastic IMO. Could you though elaborate further as to what you think make SLRE physics stand out against DiRT? (i admit i only played SLRE demo but it was utter garbage in demo form)

Yeah SLRE looks no better than the WRC games, it has a good car list but that's about it.

One of the things is that the cars seem too light, and they feel too agile especially when going to bumpy surface. Yes, you feel the bumps immediately,but there should be several milliseconds between the car hitting the road and you feeling it. That feeling of hevainess seems absent on a wheel. Also the tyres feel a little bit too grippy.However hard you break, you won't be able to feel much understeer, at least throughout a corner when you don't touch the pedals. And onto the tarmac and ice part, maybe that's just me,but the ffb was unbearable on a T300RS from day 1. You have to countersteer manually during a corner, and when you turn, there is no self-centering force...

Regarding SLRE, if you can borrow the game,do it and try the game out because there is so much difference between the demo and the game. More weight can be felt, tyre models act more like real ones, and the stages are more like real life, since Dirt Rally seems to have exaggerated the number and difference in altitude of bumps. Even after playing Project CARS, I still think this game is more of a sim than Dirt Rally,where you only care about weight transfer but not more factors.

Mmm slre goes at not at all stable 30Fps and got still a bit of input lag with the wheels..

I just prefer Dirt 1000 times above slre.
Stable 60Fps and they did a really good job with the feeling of the different surfaces.
Only tarmac could be better.
Car behaviour and weight is als better in dirt for me instead slre.Also the global difficulty level of dirt is lot better than slre.

Good thing about slre is content.. But i realy prefer quality above quantity.

Milestone doesn't make really good games... Launching 7-8 games every year,makes final quality very irregular.

A shame the problem with trusthmaster wheels in dirt...strange its only in PS4, cause in PC and Xbox one they don't have this issue and even FFB levels are a bit stronger.
Sure that codemasters will fix it soon.

What's also bizarre is that in project cars people also complains with the FFB and troubles with the trusthmaster wheels on PS4..

Will it be more problems of the software from PS4??

maybe that's just me,but the ffb was unbearable on a T300RS from day 1. You have to countersteer manually during a corner, and when you turn, there is no self-centering force...
I have the PC version, and self-centering force is definitely present and working fine on my T300. Not sure if your problem is the PS4 edition in general or your specific settings...

Mmm slre goes at not at all stable 30Fps and got still a bit of input lag with the wheels..

I just prefer Dirt 1000 times above slre.
Stable 60Fps and they did a really good job with the feeling of the different surfaces.
Only tarmac could be better.
Car behaviour and weight is als better in dirt for me instead slre.Also the global difficulty level of dirt is lot better than slre.

Good thing about slre is content.. But i realy prefer quality above quantity.

Milestone doesn't make really good games... Launching 7-8 games every year,makes final quality very irregular.

A shame the problem with trusthmaster wheels in dirt...strange its only in PS4, cause in PC and Xbox one they don't have this issue and even FFB levels are a bit stronger.
Sure that codemasters will fix it soon.

What's also bizarre is that in project cars people also complains with the FFB and troubles with the trusthmaster wheels on PS4..

Will it be more problems of the software from PS4??

Well, I guess to each of his own then. I am not the type of guy that cares much about graphics,so I can live with that. About the road surface though, to me there were just too little difference(except no. of bumps). Car behaviour, I'm not sure if Dirt Rally is better,because from what I've seen recently,the stage record is about 3 mins faster than real life ones,which is awkward.Surely,being scared of physical harm may cause one to be slower,but that much of a gap somehow reveals that the cars are too light and agile(also stated by members in the Codemasters forum after patch V 1.11 which made the issue more significant). On SLRE though, I haven't seen one yet. Maybe the reviews from Inside Sim Racing and several other youtubers have also made me feel more like so.

On the difficulty, in my opinion the difficulty setting should deal with the problem. I found the AI of realistic difficulty giving me more challenge than the ones in Dirt Rally.

For the last thing, I agree that PS4 may have some issue with T300RS, but when Project CARS came out, the same also happened on PC, thus I believe it's more of a wheel support problem. And what got me into thinking that CM would never fix the problem are that, first, they 'said' to have been working on this issue for two months, yet there were never improvement. Then, from the history of F1 2015(or 2014?), similar issue had happened, and it took them more than half a year to sort it out. The above I can still tolerate, until this patch came out,where almost all TM wheels are no longer working right. When someone asked the devs on the forum whether they had tested it before, they dared to say 'we have tested it on PC and XBOX ONE before the patch is out'. It just shows how they truly treat their customers. No seen progress on the issue, and not checking the patch for PS4 players. It's always just 'we're working on the issue, but I can't tell when it's going to be solved, nor will a patch even come. If it was PD, SMS, Kunos or any other devs doing it, there would be outrage( just look at the bashing any news about GT Sports receive). Not only did I waste $60 on it, but also the hope of it being fixed...

I have the PC version, and self-centering force is definitely present and working fine on my T300. Not sure if your problem is the PS4 edition in general or your specific settings...
Imo that should be the PS4 edition having a problem, though some may say their wheels are fine on PS4. The absence of self-centering force might not be apparent during driving on gravel, as the bumps will mess up the response of the wheel. Yet,when you stop and move your wheel, you will see that the wheel doesn't have resistance, and it only self center with a low force when you push the throttle. On tarmac it is much worse. In addition to the above, the FFB was so little that you could go through a hairpin with your little finger. No feeling of wheel being lighter or heavier during under/oversteer. This whole progamming thing is just BS.

Well, I guess to each of his own then. I am not the type of guy that cares much about graphics,so I can live with that. About the road surface though, to me there were just too little difference(except no. of bumps). Car behaviour, I'm not sure if Dirt Rally is better,because from what I've seen recently,the stage record is about 3 mins faster than real life ones,which is awkward.Surely,being scared of physical harm may cause one to be slower,but that much of a gap somehow reveals that the cars are too light and agile(also stated by members in the Codemasters forum after patch V 1.11 which made the issue more significant). On SLRE though, I haven't seen one yet. Maybe the reviews from Inside Sim Racing and several other youtubers have also made me feel more like so.

On the difficulty, in my opinion the difficulty setting should deal with the problem. I found the AI of realistic difficulty giving me more challenge than the ones in Dirt Rally.

For the last thing, I agree that PS4 may have some issue with T300RS, but when Project CARS came out, the same also happened on PC, thus I believe it's more of a wheel support problem. And what got me into thinking that CM would never fix the problem are that, first, they 'said' to have been working on this issue for two months, yet there were never improvement. Then, from the history of F1 2015(or 2014?), similar issue had happened, and it took them more than half a year to sort it out. The above I can still tolerate, until this patch came out,where almost all TM wheels are no longer working right. When someone asked the devs on the forum whether they had tested it before, they dared to say 'we have tested it on PC and XBOX ONE before the patch is out'. It just shows how they truly treat their customers. No seen progress on the issue, and not checking the patch for PS4 players. It's always just 'we're working on the issue, but I can't tell when it's going to be solved, nor will a patch even come. If it was PD, SMS, Kunos or any other devs doing it, there would be outrage( just look at the bashing any news about GT Sports receive). Not only did I waste $60 on it, but also the hope of it being fixed...

I don't care about graphics or resolution, but i care a lot about framerate(fps)
And really, a simulation game has to be at 60fps now in 2016, just like project cars, the incoming asseto corsa..and even GT5 and GT6, the forza 5 and 6 or the next GT sport goes at 60 fps.how better an faster are the frames how better and accurate are the inputs and the sense of speed.

I realy didn't feel the cars floty in dirt Rally, the only thing it gives only a "flat" FFB on tarmac surface.

In other surfaces it's feels quite superior to SLRE.

AI in the highest levels of difficulty is lots more competitive that form SLRE.

And in every simulation game you can break easy the real world records... It's a game.. And don't feel the "fear" like in a real car,or the G forces,climate.. Tyre pressure, setup...
The only "real simulation" is take your car in a track day at your local race track.

In Rally games i really find that dirt Rally is the best game on the consoles right now, in PC i stay with Richard Burns Rally.

But everybody is free to get his own opinion and can like one game more or less than a other one.

About the trusthmaster issue.. I'm sure that next week we will have a fix update.
And that things like that happens it's isn't good for any game... From PD,kunos,turn 10 or whatever game studio.

One of the things is that the cars seem too light, and they feel too agile especially when going to bumpy surface. Yes, you feel the bumps immediately,but there should be several milliseconds between the car hitting the road and you feeling it. That feeling of hevainess seems absent on a wheel. Also the tyres feel a little bit too grippy.However hard you break, you won't be able to feel much understeer, at least throughout a corner when you don't touch the pedals. And onto the tarmac and ice part, maybe that's just me,but the ffb was unbearable on a T300RS from day 1. You have to countersteer manually during a corner, and when you turn, there is no self-centering force...

Regarding SLRE, if you can borrow the game,do it and try the game out because there is so much difference between the demo and the game. More weight can be felt, tyre models act more like real ones, and the stages are more like real life, since Dirt Rally seems to have exaggerated the number and difference in altitude of bumps. Even after playing Project CARS, I still think this game is more of a sim than Dirt Rally,where you only care about weight transfer but not more factors.

I could buy it for £12 on Amazon but I know I'll not play it, I don't have huge amount of gaming time nd don't play DiRT enough as it is, but I know when I do stick it on I get a massive amount out of it. I think the FFB is ace and now its ace even in Rally Cross.

The logitech G29 actually has suffered a little in this update too. It still works but the noching/clucking of the wheel is still there and not just on rallycross cars, it now clucks on rally cars as well.
But the hillclimb does feel better now.

It's affects all trusthmaster wheels and even the Trusthmaster Shifter...

Game completely broken for everyone who uses a trusthmaster...

The Logitech G29 seems to work normally.
Hmm, Thrustmaster TX here, the FFB feels fine. I'm liking the update.

I think the FFB issue is affecting only the T300 on the PS4, if I recall correctly. Either that or most of the complaints are coming from T300 owners.´

Times like these, I'm happy to be a *filthy casual :P

*DS4 player

MXH
I think the FFB issue is affecting only the T300 on the PS4, if I recall correctly. Either that or most of the complaints are coming from T300 owners.´

Times like these, I'm happy to be a *filthy casual :P

*DS4 player
no, all TM wheels. But it not a problem of FBB, wheel is not recognized anymore, option greyed out and calibration not present in the menu.

However now it's clear they don't even test what they release. How you can't be aware your update affects the usability of the best seller wheel for ps4. Which situations did they tested?! Sometimes i'm surprised.

no, all TM wheels. But it not a problem of FBB, wheel is not recognized anymore, option greyed out and calibration not present in the menu.

However now it's clear they don't even test what they release. How you can't be aware your update affects the usability of the best seller wheel for ps4. Which situations did they tested?! Sometimes i'm surprised.
I haven't been paying great attention to all the problems mentioned that came with the latest patch since being a DS4 user - even though I visit the official forums daily and also help out reporting some bugged times on the leaderboards - but that sounds really bad. I genuinely hope the patch won't take weeks, as they tend to do.

Latest Posts

Back