Disable/Enable Standards on PS4 (settings option)

• Thread starter TurismoBad
  • 69 comments
Italy
Italy
For everyone that wants them in game - fine, I understand and Kaz have a point. (Apart from being used to boost the car's count and then as shameless sales point.)

I won't even consider buying a game with AI opponents driving in cars with different level of quality among them.

I don't want to drive on standard tracks either - all of that break the immersion for me.

I'm not completely against the standard cars but their implementation must be different than in GT6. They must be a separate part of the game.

Give us the option to disable them altogether in the settings.

When the standards are disabled they no longer appear in the dealership and AI don't use them in races.

We could go even further with more personalized settings for those who want to drive a standard car but don't want to see AI driving it etc etc.

Just give us some options and everyone's happy.

Last edited:
I understand some of the standard's are early renders that have jaggies all over, but seriously I they removed all of those cars, what fun would it be. unless the upverted the 150 or so cars I like that are standard, the ok.

I have a better idea. Why don't they get their lazy arses and try to make as much premiums as possible without putting in standards? Even if it means hiring more people that know what they're doing.
That's the point I have been mentioning all the time. If everyone is satisfied with standards every time they release another game, they'll never get to turn them into premiums.

Or simply, when booting up the game for the first time, a windows shows up saying "Would you like to install (amount of standards) cars into your game? Keep in mind that these cars have not the quality as the ones that come with the game."

Select "Yes" and install them, select "No" and check an option "Don't show this again"

Problem solved (?)

To me there's no need to disable standard cars but I wish in a future GT6 update PD would add an icon to each standard car in the dealership so that I can easily tell which ones are standard without having to click on the car and look for the gallery view thingy, as well as an option to filter standard/premium cars in car search.

Wat8.jpg

I support this completely. Standards are essentially PS2-quality cars(some worse than that, some semi-premium), but they should have been updated as premiums from GT5 were meant to be the new benchmark for PS3 - the norm, not a luxury.

This is an awesome idea. I'm highly disappointed about standard cars returning in Gt7. I would be upset if acquiring standards has to be mandatory like previous GT titles.

I have other reasons why I haven't bought GT6. Having standard cars presented in the game is one of my reasons.

For those who don't want to see them when racing online, this would be a good option. The only problem is, PD don't do options. Well, not the kind of common sense options requested time & time again by their customers.

Pd do what the people want and update all standard cars in gt6 and gt7 people aren't going to buy gt6 and gt7 because of the standard cars please PD what the people want or u will have or make on money at all.

For everyone that wants them in game - fine, I understand and Kaz have a point. (Apart from being used to boost the car's count and then as shameless sales point.)

I won't even consider buying a game with AI opponents driving in cars with different level of quality among them.

I don't want to drive on standard tracks either - all of that break the immersion for me.

I'm not completely against the standard cars but their implementation must be different than in GT6. They must be a separate part of the game.

Give us the option to disable them altogether in the settings.

When the standards are disabled they no longer appear in the dealership and AI don't use them in races.

We could go even further with more personalized settings for those who want to drive a standard car but don't want to see AI driving it etc etc.

Just give us some options and everyone's happy.
On it's face I think this is a good idea, but it will never happen. By including an option like this, it's a backhanded way of saying, "We know the standards are crap, so you have the option of not using them". Never happen. They have to pretend that all is well and it's not a big deal, nothing to see here, move along..in order to try and pull this wool over our eyes.

By including an option like this, it's a backhanded way of saying, "We know the standards are crap, so you have the option of not using them".
In GT5 in every event where the game provides a car for you to use (license tests, special events, etc) that car is always premium. Courtesy arcade cars are all premium as well.
The same applies for GT6. Cars used in license tests, mission races, Goodwood, etc, are all premium, courtesy arcade cars are all premium.
All the car pictures you see on the official website and on the game packaging are from premium cars. Pics of standard black cardboard cockpits are nowhere to be seen.

To me those are all clear signs that PD recognizes that standard cars are inferior.
All cars in the dealership have either simple/detailed interior specified in their description, it should be easy for PD to include an option to filter cars in dealership/car search by interior type in a future update.

On it's face I think this is a good idea, but it will never happen. By including an option like this, it's a backhanded way of saying, "We know the standards are crap, so you have the option of not using them". Never happen. They have to pretend that all is well and it's not a big deal, nothing to see here, move along..in order to try and pull this wool over our eyes.
I had the same idea as the OP as a compromise to make everyone happy. But then I had the same thought as you Johnny, PD would never do it for the reason you just said (plus their adversity to options that would significantly change the game experience from person to person).

FS7
In GT5 in every event where the game provides a car for you to use (license tests, special events, etc) that car is always premium. Courtesy arcade cars are all premium as well.
The same applies for GT6. Cars used in license tests, mission races, Goodwood, etc, are all premium, courtesy arcade cars are all premium.
All the car pictures you see on the official website and on the game packaging are from premium cars. Pics of standard black cardboard cockpits are nowhere to be seen.

To me those are all clear signs that PD recognizes that standard cars are inferior.
All cars in the dealership have either simple/detailed interior specified in their description, it should be easy for PD to include an option to filter cars in dealership/car search by interior type in a future update.
All true but there's also a difference between showcasing your best work in fixed events and advertising media, and including a button that makes the 10 year old cars invisible:lol:. A filter option in the dealership is a good possibility though and a step in the right direction. 👍

Or simply, when booting up the game for the first time, a windows shows up saying "Would you like to install (amount of standards) cars into your game? Keep in mind that these cars have not the quality as the ones that come with the game."

Select "Yes" and install them, select "No" and check an option "Don't show this again"

Problem solved (?)

I think to disable the whole GT7.
This.

They are about to bring GT7 to the next gen system (PS4) and still carrying over cars from the PSP. IMO GT7 should be delayed until ALL the cars are up to premium quality. Otherwise these "standard" threads, and pictures, and videos, and discussions will never ever end. And none of them ever look good for PD. I am glad they improved standards in GT6 but seriously, standards should not exist at all next gen on the PS4. IMO.

I have a better idea. Why don't they get their lazy arses and try to make as much premiums as possible without putting in standards? Even if it means hiring more people that know what they're doing.
Well they are doing this, they have been since gt hd concept. But I'm all for hiring more people :)

Also can you make more news memes? They are the best

For who don't want standard cars on GT6, the enable/disable standard cars will be a good option!
If I'm able to disable everything standard in the game, including tracks, and as host of an open lobby, disable all standard cars and tracks...yeah you might be on to something.

It'll never happen, disabling of any kind I mean, but it's a nice fantasy.

Back