Discouraging 900° Mode?

• Thread starter Sloth
  • 49 comments

Is the noise related to the forced 900° mode discouraging you from drifting?

• Yes, it's bothersome.

Votes: 26 26.5%
  • No, I can deal with it.

Votes: 72 73.5%

• Total voters
its so great and i found out how to set it up to go from one turn to the next but keeping it on the road and not doing 360s is frustrating..

TazzieDvl05au
Turn the volume up higher on the TV, I reckon you are thinking too much and not just playing. I have the wheel and have thrashed it, and to be honest, I dont know what you are gripeing about, I don't take any notice of the so called annoying noise from the wheel.....So stop trying to put people off from buying this wheel, it is absolutley awesome......At least now we are getting even closer to simulating a real car in a game.

thats what i'm sayin!!! this wheel is awesome... turn the volume up. you can hear/feel the engine rev and tire squeal. nothing is better than fighting that wheel!!! man it's addictive. EVERYONE GO OUT AND GET THE DRIVING FORCE PRO!!!!

one problem witht he steering wheel is that the wheel is too small, thus making the right ajustments too long. leverage is just not there, i solved this problem by grafting a bigger steering wheel to my DFP heres a pic.
dsc001324tw.jpg

I either play the game or some music loud and it drowns out the noise, which isnt that loud with my wheel. Either using speakers or headphones. Plus i got all my stuff set up in my mini mansion basement :)

Drifting with 900 mode is so much fun. I can get pretty good drifts out of it. It's just the linking of them. Gotta turn the wheel kinda fast.

viet1098
one problem witht he steering wheel is that the wheel is too small, thus making the right ajustments too long. leverage is just not there, i solved this problem by grafting a bigger steering wheel to my DFP heres a pic.
dsc001324tw.jpg

This is something that I've been wanting to do because I really think the DFP wheel is too small in diameter.

Great job.

Is it rigid?

you might as well have a poll that says "does the sounds of tyres screaching discourage you from drifting (in a real car)" HEEELLLL NOOOO... just deal with it... bizzzzzzzz kinda sounds cool anyway.. hah

wow! very nice! i like it more than the original :P

ive seen a video of a guy wo was driving a mx5 and you could see it in-game and in real life, it was a promotion vid or something, (about the realism) maybe you guys have seen it? i have no link srry, but this guy was using a wheel just like yours with a larger wheel... he also didnt got any forcefeedback, and he slammed it lock to lock with no sound :nervous:
thats what i want also..
i bought the dfp for gt4 a month or 2 before but that noise is keeping me away from playing, not only drifting but also in racing. ive tryd to set my music/sound louder and stuff butt it irritates me anyway. a shame really
49% only gold an silver in the tests, and i dont use my wheel. well sometimes if i like to realx-drive on Nurburg with wheel but its not the way it should be..
anyway, gt4 ownz ;)

Or I'm deaf in general, or I have addapted my hearing that way, so I don't really listen to it, it's just part of the wheel you can just ignore it:tup: The only thing that proves me wrong in my own house is that my mom sometimes comes upstairs to say that she can it hear it turn thrue the floor!!!!:crazy: I realise that I just MUST be deaf in general:lol:

:) haha, i reconize that
i hooked my wheel up, i did some rubber on the place where i put it so the sound is damped, (its a large desk and the sound goes trough this, it becomes stronger so rubber damps it a bit)
ill try it tonight, (select r3 and left paddle decreases the sound/strength also a bit)
but that rubber did alot good, so maybe it could turn out in a new-game
ill try it tonight. couse it is so in my case that with wheel in 900 mode im driving seconds of my bestlaptimes, its a finer control.. hmm
grtz

Hks_Fanatic
wow! very nice! i like it more than the original :P

ive seen a video of a guy wo was driving a mx5 and you could see it in-game and in real life, it was a promotion vid or something, (about the realism) maybe you guys have seen it? i have no link srry, but this guy was using a wheel just like yours with a larger wheel... he also didnt got any forcefeedback, and he slammed it lock to lock with no sound :nervous:
thats what i want also..

that's a video trailer of Enthusia, another PS2 sim racing game, the physics are amazing.
the wheel you see in the video has Force Feedback, it is not a DFP though, I forgot what the wheel is called, and yeah, its the same size as a real wheel, very cool. :)

Hks_Fanatic
:) haha, i reconize that
i hooked my wheel up, i did some rubber on the place where i put it so the sound is damped, (its a large desk and the sound goes trough this, it becomes stronger so rubber damps it a bit)

I have EXACTLY the same thing, the desk, my DFP on it:D No rubber under it though, you might be right about that, wood GREATLY increases the sound of something on it (like a piano basically, or a guitar) it just echo's it, and worsens the sound:idea:> I will have a go on the rubber too <💡👍

viet1098
dsc001324tw.jpg

wouldnt that make the FFB less responsive since its dealing with heavier parts? hmm. unless its not heavier. If its lighter that would be awsome. :)

Shingle
.....Even something as drastic as taking a gear out or something, just to disconnect the motor from the wheel.

B]

I STRONGLY suggest you dont do tihs. I have a FFB thrustmaster wheel, quality product to, untill the belt connecting the wheel to the motor snapped!

Things is, the motor continues to whine, as it's still recieving inputs.

Plus, driving a car with a wheel that has no spring in it feels REALLY wierd and takes some getting used to. ;)

Just my humble opinion.

ok, got the DFP today (ya i finally gave in and dropped a few coins)

i was initially having trouble getting used to the force feedback during drifting, so I uplugged the power supply as others in this thread mentioned doing, and it does indeed stop all force feedback (and the noice is reduced slightly, though i have no complaints about it).

still nowhere near as good as i was with the DS2, but i'm sure it will come. It'll just require patience ad practice

Yeah the transfer from ds2 to dfp is a big difference. I was pretty good in drfiting with the ds2 but the dfp feels so much better. Actually the force feedback helps in the drift. The wheel will countersteer for you, and you can feel when the tires are losing and regaining grip. Is having the wheel on simulation, no power assist, and strong force feedback harder? Cause that's what i use for drifting :) .

Back