Disqualification warning is now completely out of control.

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
I know there is a long thread about the penalty system, but this is specifically about the DQ warning which pops up after the most minor of incidents and boots people from races soon after.

I've been a victim of it before, but tonight was particularly farcical, both in Daily races. First time was Race A. Lap 1, no previous contact, but one light tap from behind and the warning comes up. A second car rubs the side of my car and boom, I'm out!

The second race was worse. Race C, again lap 1, no previous contact. I'm minding my own business, turning gently into a bend (not under braking) and get the gentlest of taps (even tap is too strong word) and the warning of DQ pops up. Just a few seconds later, with no further contact, I'm booted from the race! Nobody touched me, I touched nobody and i'd not made contact with any walls or exceeded track limits.

PD need to fix this, and fast. It's destroying fair racers' SR ratings.

How is your track record / SR history? I have gotten the DQ warning when I was down in SR.C for a week on Blue moon bay. Every time I got back to SR.B people were bumping so much I dropped back to SR.D. Draft bumping was blamed on the car ahead...

I've never gotten the warning at SR.S though. Another factor could be people reporting you. I doubt PD looks into reports yet it might trigger the DQ warning against you when multiple people have it out for you. Did you make any enemies?

How is your track record / SR history?

I doubt PD looks into reports yet it might trigger the DQ warning against you when multiple people have it out for you. Did you make any enemies?

My record has been poor lately (currently DB, having sunk to DE) due to mainly being hit by others or contact with cars which have suddenly slowed in front of me. I've been the victim of drivers who deliberately de-ghost as soon as I am about to pass them (something that will hopefully become much rarer once penalty zones reach the dailies). Racing at that low a level puts you amongst some seriously deranged characters who just want to spoil other people's races and I've certainly had to report several. I'm only aware of one person claiming they were reporting me (and that was clearly out of spite) but as you say, it's unlikely PD are actually looking into reporting, at least not manually as opposed to trusting some sort of algorithm to put hidden black marks against people.

It's frankly dispiriting to try to race clean and get booted after contact you didn't initiate.

My record has been poor lately (currently DB, having sunk to DE) due to mainly being hit by others or contact with cars which have suddenly slowed in front of me. I've been the victim of drivers who deliberately de-ghost as soon as I am about to pass them (something that will hopefully become much rarer once penalty zones reach the dailies). Racing at that low a level puts you amongst some seriously deranged characters who just want to spoil other people's races and I've certainly had to report several. I'm only aware of one person claiming they were reporting me (and that was clearly out of spite) but as you say, it's unlikely PD are actually looking into reporting, at least not manually as opposed to trusting some sort of algorithm to put hidden black marks against people.

It's frankly dispiriting to try to race clean and get booted after contact you didn't initiate.

Perhaps do one race while staying behind to break the cycle. It's hard to get back up in SR, hang in there.

It happened twice more after my last post.

Perhaps do one race while staying behind to break the cycle. It's hard to get back up in SR, hang in there.
Funnily enough, I decided to try that in my next Race B as I was in P13 out of 14. But, as soon as the lights went out, I immediately got the DQ warning! Yes, as soon as I had manual control. I managed to let the 14th car pass me. Fortunately, everyone in front was so bad that 9 cars spun out during the 4 laps and I finished 5th, with a clean race - bizarre when I'd had a DQ warning, which tells me there's something very wrong with the system! That got me all the way from DE, where those previous 2 races had dumped me back to, up to DC again.

The days of BS seem so long ago!

The very next race (Race B again), I was P13 of 13. Perfect, I thought. But no, lights out, DQ warning!!!

I tiptoed around the track, had 2 cars go off and 2 DNF. Final lap, I was still stuck behind a wobbly car (DS4 presumably) but managed to pressure him into going off the track, so finished 5th and got a second consecutive clean race.

DB.

Let's see how the next race begins...

P12/12.

Lights out, DQ warning!!

Resisted the urge to pass ghosting car shortly after the start. By lap 2, I had passed it and another car which had both gone off, but I was then stuck behind another 'wobbly' with a very poor internet connection, which allowed one of the two cars i'd overtaken to catch me. Approaching the chicane, I got a little out of shape and that slowed me slightly. The car behind piled into me and yes, I was booted from the race "for having too many incidents". Once again, that was my only contact of the race.:banghead:

Still DB.

Last edited by a moderator:
This will be a hard pill for some to swallow, but I think a lot of people are telling only half the story about how they are getting orange SR warnings and DQ warnings, I have had bumps here and there in SR-S against B/A/A+/S drivers, but never once have I seen the DQ warning show up.

There has to be more to it because the game is smart enough to know when you're not at fault I would say about 70% of the time.

P14/14.

No warning, despite previous DQ! Made it to 9th. Would have been 8th but car in front started weaving to stop me passing.🤬
And despite that DQ, my 3rd consecutive clean race!!

Something's really screwy.

Still DB.

... I think a lot of people are telling only half the story about how they are getting orange SR warnings and DQ warnings, ...

Well, you're welcome to drop to DB and try to end up in a race I'm in!

It only takes a car to rub against yours (passing or being passed) to get an Orange SR.

........ the game is smart enough to know when you're not at fault I would say about 70% of the time.

I ABSOLUTELY 1,000% disagree with that statement.

So I have stopped beating my head against a brick and stopped racing in Sport races and have stopped posting in the penalties thread.

I had experienced 2 DQ last night, both in daily race B. First time I run wide and went through the sand and hit the wall...DQ. second time, againsting the car behind me, get push out by it in one conner, i ssw him get penalized, but i got DQ.....

P12/13.

No warning.

Despite being pushed off twice, I made it past 3 wide-running cars and still kept a clean race. No idea how that works as going off due to someone else always seems to have cost me a clean race before.

Still, 4 in a row.

Still DB!

P14/14.

No warning, despite previous DQ! Made it to 9th. Would have been 8th but car in front started weaving to stop me passing.🤬
And despite that DQ, my 3rd consecutive clean race!!

Something's really screwy.

Still DB.

Getting disconnected or DQ will preserve your ongoing clean streak, PD logic.

This is very weird you kept getting sudden death mode. At least the cycle seems broken now.

Getting disconnected or DQ will preserve your ongoing clean streak, PD logic.

This is very weird you kept getting sudden death mode. At least the cycle seems broken now.

Should've known PD logic would come into it!:lol:

There's certainly no logic for the sudden death limbo I was in. But fingers crossed that's the end of it. I'll record a few more races just to see how things pan out from here. It's a shame some people can't accept that the game plays out differently for different people, especially when they are playing at different ratings and against different opponents. Anecdotal evidence suggests that the lower rating you have, the harsher penalties can be. This just seems to be the most extreme of examples and is surely more likely a glitch.

P12/12.

No warning. Was messy in front of me, so I made no attempt to pass anyone, but on the final lap a car went wide. As I got level, he came back and there was light side to side contact, so I lost DR and my clean streak. Finished 11th.

But now DA.

P13/14

Finished 5th but rammed at lap 3 chicane and got 3s penalty!

DB again!

P14/15

Finished 8th.

DB

P12/12

Finished 8th, despite someone diving across the track to stop me passing.

DA

P13/13

Finished 5th, Clean race.

DA

P12/12

Finished 10th.

DA

So that's 8 consecutive races without the Sudden Death DQ warning, thankfully. now all i have to do is avoid the nutters!💡

You know there are lots of good places to start your own blog
Funny.

Actually, I was just letting people see the progression of this issue. Have you made the same comment on the Daily and FIA Race threads out of interest?

Has the OP considered that he may be lagging and not able to see it, and the DQ's might be coming from contact he can't see or feel?

How's your ping?

I'm not saying this is definitely the case, but it's a possibility to consider when others don't seem to be getting a ton of DQ's...
Valid question,and thanks for suggesting it. I have checked my connection a few times and it shows a healthy report. Current ping is 29ms, with Parameters 2-4 at max and 1 at one level below max on the hexagon.

There have been a couple of races (3 max?) in the past when I've had a drop in connection strength, but not while this issue was presenting itself. I would also imagine it would need to be a particularly big lag to get a DQ warning as soon as the lights went out, considering the distance between cars at the start. (I'm also using an ethernet connection rather than Wi-Fi for better reliability).

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This
I'm genuinely curious as to how people get the DQ warning so often

There has to be something in the code that flags people as a dirty driver making them eligible for this DQ warning and dropping from SR A to E could certainly be something that triggers it, as could multiple reports. There may even be different levels of this "naughty step", which would explain the warning appearing at the very start of the race rather than after a couple of contacts which is what other people have reported before.

Once it happens it seems you have to run a number of clean/contact free races to remove it and therefore you are also at the mercy of the other drivers and even the penalty system, which sometimes sees contact where there is none (likely lag related) and instead of just the orange SR warning you'd normally get, you get a DQ instead.

I was thinking lag, but if that's not it then maybe it's all about ratings? (SR in particular?)

I'm not sure what my rating was at the time but I suffered a "DQ threat" barrage a few months ago, and I think my SR might have been down when it was happening.
Maybe the grand master of SR pinballing Sven (that's in no way meant as an insult Sven :)) might have some perspective on this? Although I'm not sure his SR ever drops "that" low.

Otherwise maybe we're looking at a record of reports against or something?
That would be bizarrely ironic given that the game likes to be harsher with the time penalty schtick when your ratings are good, then again the way PD seem to do things it wouldn't surprise me at all.

Edit: what ASH32 said above while I was slowly typing with my Dpad lol

People who complain about the DQ warnings should probably post their SR history. No doubt it's going up and down every second race.

It's difficult to trigger a DQ pop-up. You'd have to do some pretty egregious things or be completely inactive. The latter happened to me when I got distracted shortly before a daily race.

Yes as said, to go any further with this, replays and SR history are now needed to have a better idea of why this happens to some people.

What I find to be odd is this "DQ thing" doesn't seem to happen in FIA races. I'm not talking about the part where we get kicked out of the race before it starts. I'm referring to where a persons' aggressive driving doesn't get them disqualified. It cant be solely because the FIA races are on a separate server can it?

Keith.

Back