Disqualification warning is now completely out of control.

I was thinking lag, but if that's not it then maybe it's all about ratings? (SR in particular?)

I'm not sure what my rating was at the time but I suffered a "DQ threat" barrage a few months ago, and I think my SR might have been down when it was happening.
Maybe the grand master of SR pinballing Sven (that's in no way meant as an insult Sven :)) might have some perspective on this? Although I'm not sure his SR ever drops "that" low.

Otherwise maybe we're looking at a record of reports against or something?
That would be bizarrely ironic given that the game likes to be harsher with the time penalty schtick when your ratings are good, then again the way PD seem to do things it wouldn't surprise me at all.

Edit: what ASH32 said above while I was slowly typing with my Dpad lol

This is my entire SR history
9Uad.jpg

The only time I got DQ warnings was in that dip to SR.C for a week at around 315 days. That was when Blue moon bay was on for a week and you got SR Down every time someone draft bumped you. Every time I got back to SR.B draft bumps would drop me down to SR.D again. Low SR is certainly a factor, however I think reports must be part of it too. There were plenty toxic rooms in the lower ranks and I've probably been reported out of spite as I was winning plenty races, if not still finishing top 3. I 'suffered' 3 DR resets that week, 3 DQ (after just a few bumps from behind) and one race where I started with the DQ warning.

The most I got was a DQ warning popping up in the middle of a race then starting the next race with the DQ warning. Getting DQ'd that next race seemed to reset it. The 3rd DQ was isolated and didn't trigger another DQ warning from the start.

I have never gotten a DQ warning at SR.S yet seldom get many contacts in an SR.S race. I have seen people mysteriously disappear after contact in SR.S races, looking suspiciously like a DQ. They got hit from behind then disappear 3 seconds later. However those weren't the cleanest drivers and I have not seen these mysterious disappearences happen to people I know that go out of their way to drive clean.

So it does seem that low SR due to many contacts, your fault or not, put you at risk of getting the DQ flag. While reports might further trigger it. It would be more useful when the game removed players that are misbehaving in the current race as I've seen people tank their SR to SR.E with outrageou behavior on track and getting to finish the race.

So maybe the "DQ blacklist" isn't completely out of controll, maybe it's actually a pretty refined and robust algorithm that is, for the most part, doing a good job.
But if you find yourself on that blacklist it sure does sting for a couple of races 'till the cycle breaks lol.

Now I'm wondering what it's like for a newbie player who's just starting out from scratch these days with zero dr/sr.

Now I'm wondering what it's like for a newbie player who's just starting out from scratch these days with zero dr/sr.

not a problem, I never get some DQ thing during start from scratch on September till now even I got throw once to C because some incident at Bathurst but I never get DQ warning btw. How I driving isn't clean but borderline between aggressive and clean.

I am suffering from this on Race C. Can't even complete an opening lap without being booted for absolutely nothing.

Well I have an interesting spanner in the works for this suggesting there may be something to the op.

As you all know I just got back to DR B and SR S (full 99 points) presently and what do I get in my first race C on Tokyo Expressway,
a DQ notification pops up after I loose a couple of places due to the fracas in the first sharp corners near the docks section.

It didn't DQ me and I didn't loose any of my SR rating (Blue S as the end) but it did make me wonder as it's the first time it ever
came up for me when not idle or ghosting to get to the back of the back.

I will see how my racing goes tomorrow!

Your ratings went from B/S(85) to D/E(1) in three days. I think that is more than "for absolutely nothing".:)
The Scirocco race last week got worse as the week went on. Gr. 1, well, no arguments there. I'm not very good. I had some bad races and didn't play any more to bump the SR up any.

Monday was the day where I went down to D/E though, and that was because of this Race C. I'm assuming the game is stricter with D/Q'ing you when your SR is lower, but the only other race I've experienced this on was Blue Moon Bay a few weeks ago, where speed is constantly high and the field is bunched close together.

p78
Maybe you should hit the share button when you got DQ, so we can see the 15m that led up to the incident.

I did this before and it was only 2.5 minutes

The theory is that it is not the race that you get the warning or get DQ'd in, but that it depends on what happened in previous races. Either from people reporting you or dropping very low in SR. That video is from a race in SR.C or SR.D after a fair share of draft bumping, mostly received yet I also worked together with other people in previous races draft bumping back up to the lead. The game does not appreciate oval strategy.

I did this before and it was only 2.5 minutes

The theory is that it is not the race that you get the warning or get DQ'd in, but that it depends on what happened in previous races. Either from people reporting you or dropping very low in SR. That video is from a race in SR.C or SR.D after a fair share of draft bumping, mostly received yet I also worked together with other people in previous races draft bumping back up to the lead. The game does not appreciate oval strategy.

Okay, THAT is grade A stupidity. It's an oval for Christ's sake, of course there's gonna be bump drafting, but a DQ?!

Well I have an interesting spanner in the works for this suggesting there may be something to the op.
So just to be clear, you're saying that you entered this race with SR:S 99 points and still got a dq threat? And can I assume that you weren't SR:E (for example), for at least one or two races prior to this?
That does sound potentially a bit harsh.

I will see how my racing goes tomorrow!
Please let us know how you go.
I expect it'll all sort itself out quick smart, but it would be nice to know exactly what the rules are here just for future reference sake.

So just to be clear, you're saying that you entered this race with SR:S 99 points and still got a dq threat? And can I assume that you weren't SR:E (for example), for at least one or two races prior to this?
That does sound potentially a bit harsh.

Please let us know how you go.
I expect it'll all sort itself out quick smart, but it would be nice to know exactly what the rules are here just for future reference sake.

Correct, DR is B and SR S for quite a few days.

No issues yesterday with DQ but I didn't do much racing as actually spent most of my time doing photo's.

I had a DQ warning this week while SR=B and I hadn't been racing particularly fiercely, one or two racing incidents the race before but no major SR loss as a result, just part of the usual.

They must have changed something in the algorithm during a recent update because it used to be a last resort punishment for people who had hit rock bottom SR and kept hitting other people.

Back