Diving Into GT Sport's Livery Editor — Aftermarket Rims Confirmed

The more I look into it, for my money at least, the livery editor is really the only appealing/interesting thing I've found in GTS so far. It's a pity to have so many stickers and options to put on so few cars, though.

GPR
Hmm as Kyle notes, looks like a stepped colour palatte. Not happy if that's it. Particualry when there doesn't seem to be very many steps for tones. Indeed odd for a game that is all about details and accuracy in it visuals.
YY9wjdt4kWY.jpg

Personal Image Import
@6:40 in this Video clip

Maybe. It could be a combo of the pre-existing shapes that you designate as your own decal. It might require the PS camera, a la LittleBigPlanet — so, while that'd still be technically correct (the best kind), it wouldn't be what I imagine most people think when they say "image import". That is, just using a pre-existing jpg/png/etc that you've saved elsewhere.

What about the kanji around the top and bottom of the screen?
No clue - it's too small and I suck out loud at Kanji.
Is there an import/upload decal option on the screen?
Maybe in the Kanji :lol:

The top bar has 'library' and '0 items'. The only thing I can read at the bottom is Triangle for 'menu'. That's it :lol:

With the help of google translate app on phone using the camera. :P

qDy64si.jpg

There doesn't seem to be an import option in this screen. If there is, it might be hidden in the library/menu?

Anyway, this livery editor is looking quite good already. Even without being able to import own designs or images found on the web I think we'll be seeing some great liveries. Can't wait to try and make some myself. :)

I like rims more because wheels are the combination of the rim and the actual tire. Seems kinda weird to call the wheels "wheels" and call the rims "wheels" as well.
You are so factually wrong, the fact you got that many likes is absolutely hilarious.
Wheels and tires.
Read a book son.

Rims are wheels, wheels are rims.
Tires are the rubber things that are totally different.

I find it ironic how they haven't invited GTPlanet but went on and invited plenty of video game sites with people who isn't even into cars at all.

I dont think that this is ironic but it makes you wonder why you dont want people that are into racing games (sims or not) to get another taste of your product but instead you invite people with -more or less- zero experience in this kind of games,especially sim racing games...
They should have invited all of them and accept whatever opinion they would have after testing your product.

I dont think that this is ironic but it makes you wonder why you dont want people that are into racing games (sims or not) to get another taste of your product but instead you invite people with -more or less- zero experience in this kind of games,especially sim racing games...
They should have invited all of them and accept whatever opinion they would have after testing your product.
Racing game sites will talk about the racing game no matter what. Spending marketing money on them - us - doesn't result in good market penetration.

Tech, culture and lad sites will mention them in a sidebar, three weeks after they come out. This way they get four to six pages of gushing praise (free trip to Tokyo, five star hotel, shiny new game, mag's name on the cars) from people who have no idea what they're talking about shoved into the eyes of people who'd not normally hear about it. That's a good marketing spend.

It just makes sense from a Sony point of view. As the marketing ramps up nearer the release, we'll most likely be included - we have a good relationship with SCE on both sides of the pond, and we're still getting media assets sent through - but for now the focus is on impressing wider media.

I'd bet that the personal image/decal upload will either be handled via the GT website or via a standalone app (like GT6's course maker), which would explain the lack of upload/import button.

Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong. Please.

I'm on level 11 and have competed 1-19 of the beginner driving school.

The game won't display and allow me to fit the first two wheels i purchased from the mileage exchange? But i can fit them to the Mitsubishi Lancer.

Last edited:
Do we have to wait for milage exchange to update every week to get access to more aftermarket wheels or is it a leveling based unlock? I only have access to 7 or 8 wheels right now.

Back