Diving Into GT Sport's Livery Editor — Aftermarket Rims Confirmed

giphy.gif

Very surprised PD didn't mess the livery editor up to be honest. I'm liking this new PD a lot.

I haven't seen a hint of coordinates for resizing/placing. If there aren't any, that's a major setback over the other editors out there. Trying to eyeball exact placements is a nightmare! I could be wrong, but it looks like the colour palette for the base paint is also condensed to pre-selected steps. A bit of an odd choice in the face of the game's HDR features...

300 layers is also very little to work with if we need to build our own logos. I'm really hoping the "Personal Decal" option is the merging of other shapes into one layer. That said, it looks like the existing logos are nice and high-quality: the Gamespot one scaled up without any issues. Definite plus point, there. 👍

Am I the only one that can't stand when people call wheels rims?

Livery editor looks great. I am no expert at making liveries, but it's nice to be able to personalize your car for racing leagues and I am looking forward to that.

I haven't seen a hint of coordinates for resizing/placing. If there aren't any, that's a major setback over the other editors out there. Trying to eyeball exact placements is a nightmare! I could be wrong, but it looks like the colour palette for the base paint is also condensed to pre-selected steps. A bit of an odd choice in the face of the game's HDR features...

300 layers is also very little to work with if we need to build our own logos. I'm really hoping the "Personal Decal" option is the merging of other shapes into one layer. That said, it looks like the existing logos are nice and high-quality: the Gamespot one scaled up without any issues. Definite plus point, there. 👍

Doesn't seem like it no. Good call on the Personal Decal option. Still don't think we're getting picture import.

Am I the only one that can't stand when people call wheels rims?

Livery editor looks great. I am no expert at making liveries, but it's nice to be able to personalize your car for racing leagues and I am looking forward to that.
I like rims more because wheels are the combination of the rim and the actual tire. Seems kinda weird to call the wheels "wheels" and call the rims "wheels" as well.

I like rims more because wheels are the combination of the rim and the actual tire. Seems kinda weird to call the wheels "wheels" and call the rims "wheels" as well.
A wheel and tire is just that, a wheel and tire. A "rim" is the outer part of the wheel, when combined with the spokes it then becomes a "wheel".

Whilst it is really nice to see the livery editor in action, I need to say that the content from the BIG sites like IGN and Gamespot, who always get in first, is really awful. Why do they never go in depth ? They give 2 or 3 minute snippet videos because they project that because they can't bare content over 2 minutes long (before having to check their facebook/twitter feed again or whatever) that the viewer must have a 2 minute attention span too.

Again, it's nice of them to show us the editor, but why not show it properly ?

I'm loving this Livery Editor more and more. Having never had Forza (and saddled with meh editors like the ones in the NASCAR games), this is going to just be wonderful. Its not Paint Booth, but it still looks doable 👍

Also surprised at the Custom Wheels, last thing I was expecting for this game.

This pink one tho

Oh god, that R18 with all those Michelin mans :lol:

Whilst it is really nice to see the livery editor in action, I need to say that the content from the BIG sites like IGN and Gamespot, who always get in first, is really awful. Why do they never go in depth ? They give 2 or 3 minute snippet videos because they project that because they can't bare content over 2 minutes long (before having to check their facebook/twitter feed again or whatever) that the viewer must have a 2 minute attention span too.

Again, it's nice of them to show us the editor, but why not show it properly ?
Most of these sites have no one really qualified for these games. They send one of their journalists that played the game in 2003 and has a vague understanding of cars and send him cover the game. Most of them (not all of them) seem to have the hardest time just getting a proper line, so just forget it if you want physics details or even proper driving impressions.

I'm loving this Livery Editor more and more. Having never had Forza (and saddled with meh editors like the ones in the NASCAR games), this is going to just be wonderful. Its not Paint Booth, but it still looks doable 👍

Also surprised at the Custom Wheels, last thing I was expecting for this game.

Oh god, that R18 with all those Michelin mans :lol:
I can't wait R18 with girl group idol or anime everywhere

This is what they should've gotten since GT5, if the PS3 was more powerful and capable enough to push the limits and exceed in every promise to what GT5 has to offer.

There's a resize option. :)

Edit: @SlipZtrEm forget it. You mean coordinates for the resizing/placing. Yep, that's bad... as I didn't see any "reflect" option either it can be nightmare to create symetrical liveries.

Last edited:
dunno if people missed it or not but in that video that @RaY29rus posted, the 2016 Toyota 86 GRMN is a car that wasn't previously released (to my knowledge)

Hmm as Kyle notes, looks like a stepped colour palatte. Not happy if that's it. Particualry when there doesn't seem to be very many steps for tones. Indeed odd for a game that is all about details and accuracy in it visuals.

Finally though we can add motion blur to photomode locations/scapes. 👍

This is good for PMC comps and saves time for PMC2.0 comps. :)

Back