Do GT7 cars and tracks really take that long to make?

I don't have a problem with fictional cars and tracks, as it adds variety to the game. Me by myself don't like the use fictional cars and tracks, but that's an opinion thing nothing else. I don't see anything wrong in to fictional things as it was always part of most racing games, especially when you take older games as example.

Today you have a lot bigger choice for yourself, so even if I don't like them I see nothing wrong with that, as every player just getting a bigger option what to do or use. You aren't forced to use them.

If anybody wants realistic racing, they will use other games anyway (like me as a die hard racing fan for decades and especially GTWC Fan, it's obvious I prefer ACC over GT7).

As I don't play that game because of that many reasons I already posted enough in this forum, I like to make the game as much fun as I can for my son. While he also likes GTWC, ACC is way too hard for him, while GT7 is his choice to ride the GTWC there. But he also likes fictional cars and stuff for variety, so I don't see any problem with fictional things. They are optional so why bother anyway?

My son is forcing me to post this:
He even loves fictional cars to make it like other manufacturers try to challenge the big players in GT3. Like Peugeot VGT, Mazda or whatever challenging the McLaren, Ferrari, Lamborghini, Mercedes, Porsche, it's fun to compare real vs fictional in a imagined qualification.

So I guess many players appreciate the variety, and that's strictly opinion by everybody himself what to do, or not to do with fictional tracks and cars.

Last edited:
I remember a few years ago there was a developer from Assetto corsa Competizione who did live coding in Twich. That was really interesting to hear him talk about the physics model and coding meanwhile he did it.

As for how long it takes to make stuff in GT7. I am not sure. My personal opinion is that they spend their focus on other things that what most of the playerbase wants.

Its kinda sad for GT7 is so much of a good game, they have like everything to make the most perfect game ever. But for reasons unknow to ordinary people they won't do it.

I remember a few years ago there was a developer from Assetto corsa Competizione who did live coding in Twich. That was really interesting to hear him talk about the physics model and coding meanwhile he did it.

As for how long it takes to make stuff in GT7. I am not sure. My personal opinion is that they spend their focus on other things that what most of the playerbase wants.

Its kinda sad for GT7 is so much of a good game, they have like everything to make the most perfect game ever. But for reasons unknow to ordinary people they won't do it.
...off topic but me, I am in love with Assetto Corsa Competizione. Just won Paul Ricard as I came home late from the lake with my son.

And like I said, in my opinion the graphics is top of the tops in GT7, just wasted potential with outdated cars, irrelevant cars, hundreds of same versions of Nissans and Toyotas, not one Koenigsegg, no actual GT3 car, no settings for qualityings, and so on. The potential is there to transform GT7 to one of the best games out there. So sad it's not even working properly, as the 2 Player Split Screen doesn't work (second player have to drive with assists as you can't switch them off)

I mean... F1 Game for example. 2 Player Split screen, a whole season with a friend against 18 AI drivers and against each other. That is real fun, like my friend hits me in the first minutes of the race and bombed me out of the race g I love that. Imagine PD would finally fix that and implement that into custom races...

Here the video:

Last edited:
...off topic but me, I am in love with Assetto Corsa Competizione. Just won Paul Ricard as I came home late from the lake with my son.

And like I said, in my opinion the graphics is top of the tops in GT7, just wasted potential with outdated cars, irrelevant cars, hundreds of same versions of Nissans and Toyotas, not one Koenigsegg, no actual GT3 car, no settings for qualityings, and so on. The potential is there to transform GT7 to one of the best games out there. So sad it's not even working properly, as the 2 Player Split Screen doesn't work (second player have to drive with assists as you can't switch them off)
Yeah stuff like what you describe, that the second player can't turn assist off, that should be rather easy to fix.

Depends how the game is programmed. But it would make sense if the code for the second player is kinda just another instantiation of a player object. Where it should be possible for the user to choose what setting that user wants to have for his player object when its instantiated. ( Not sure that makes sense, or was a good explanation )

Yeah stuff like what you describe, that the second player can't turn assist off, that should be rather easy to fix.

Depends how the game is programmed. But it would make sense if the code for the second player is kinda just another instantiation of a player object. Where it should be possible for the user to choose what setting that user wants to have for his player object when its instantiated. ( Not sure that makes sense, or was a good explanation )
Added the video of that F1 two player split screen season. It's so much fun. Imagine THAT in Gran Turismo 7... That would be the best thing on earth for me. Could drive WITH my son then...

Last edited:
Yeah, at this point I’d say the answers you’re actually looking for will only come from those working for PD or maybe another similar company. There has been plenty of insight and additional info given in this thread, which you specifically asked for in paragraph 1 of your initial post, but it’s either not good enough for you, because it’s at a high level, or not what you were expecting, and apparently nothing short of what comes directly from PD employees or actual developers working on current similar games will be. PD employees will be the only ones able to give you detailed answers and specific explanations you’re seeking about GT7 development. Outside of former PD employees/contractors, or educated guesses from rival companies, no one will be able to provide the level of detail and information you really want.

Caution should be taken when talking to employees of other companies though as they likely don’t have the same processes, tools, systems etc. that PD has/uses, so they won’t really be able to answer your question of ‘does it really take PD that long to make cars and tracks for GT7?’. The conversation then becomes “I like the way X company does it because it seems better/faster to me so PD should do it that way” which has actually already started in your initial post paragraphs 3 and 4.

As for your final question in paragraph 5 of your initial post, that is 100% personal opinion and preference. For some it is yes, for others it is no. I think you’re looking for those who have the same opinion on this as you, or possibly oddly wanting/expecting everyone here to have the same in which you do on this.

For most people who play video games there is little to no value, especially great value in understanding with great level of detail how the game is made. For those that are interested in this, it can be, but for the average player of a video game looking to relax and have fun playing a game, they couldn’t care less about the specifics of how exactly they do everything and how long it should take or what company has the most efficient process etc.

Honestly, it sounds like you don’t understand the purpose or intent of a gaming forum, which this is. This isn’t a forum dedicated to professional game developers and detailed conversations of that industry that would explain thoroughly how they do things, so it’s weird you make the comments that you did in your last post about there not being any PD employees or racing game developers on these forums to give you the answers you want. It seems you already know that’s where you should have gone in the first place, a forum dedicated to game developers, not one dedicated to people who want to discuss playing the game and share tips and tricks, screenshots, strategies, etc.
I think this perfectly confirms my points in the previous post, I have no intention of continuing around in circles so here's just the obvious things. You say there has been plenty of insight yet I have said there has been only 1 response, I said one person provided the kind of detail I was looking for yet you say only PD can provide this kind of detail. Repeating the same few phrases without stopping to think and questioning them isn't insightful, nor does it elevate the gaming community and in turn the kind of games we can ask for.

Game development isn't some mystical phenomenon that only exists behind closed studio doors. Many game developers today are self taught because there is a huge amount of publically available learning material anyone can access. Videos directly from GDC where developers breakdown their games are easily accessible. Similarly, the notion that PD are some kind of intergalactic magicians whose work should always be awed, never questioned, or else is... well I think you know what that is. There are plenty people in this forum who are clearly interested in this topic as they have said so, if you are not, or more importantly don't have anything to contribute, no one is forcing you to keep replying so feel free to contribute elsewhere. If you do continue then that tells me either you are interested or have nothing better to do. And I would rather see the contribution of someone who is interested.

I was preparing a post for another thread and got another idea why it might take pd (and sony) so long to release cars & tracks: they have to train sophy first to use the car/drive the track :D

The entire process takes at least six months to complete.

The problem with them needing to spend 20 years to get the seat texture model perfect is that no one’s gonna notice. The difference between gt6 and gt7 car models isn’t much. There’s a point where the return on th
IMG_0064.png

The problem with them needing to spend 20 years to get the seat texture model perfect is that no one’s gonna notice. The difference between gt6 and gt7 car models isn’t much. There’s a point where the return on thView attachment 1282128
But if they don't then some deluded fanboy will take a close-up screenshot and call it "PS2 graphics" or whatever. And yes, deluded GT fanboys do the same thing to other games...

Back