Do I have to buy the Honda Fit?

• Thread starter 300SRT8Fan
  • 30 comments
Buying is one thing. The tutorial forces you to, but use it? Unless you don't have the vgt or the 15th anniversary cars... yes

They're trying to guide people who are completely new to GT, so that they won't lost somewhere looking for a car for their first race.. I think it's good.

A little condescending from them if that is the case, the GT fanbase has been happy and willing to pick their own first car* for 15 years, why would PD suddenly presume we all have the IQ of a piece of toast.

* For me buying that first banger and tuning it up was the best part of the game.

Think of it this way. You are a new player and have never played GT before.

They give you 30,000 credits to get you started and now you're faced with 1207 cars to choose from, most of which you can't afford.

It is much better to guide them in the method of buying a car than it is to leave them to their own devices.

You don't need to use it. You can buy another car with the credits you have left and you don't even have to do the first guided lap around Brands Hatch in the Clio with all the assistance switched on if you don't want to.

Just press start and select exit whilst still in the pitlane.

For a series that regularly sells past 10 million copies a pop, how many of the people who bought this specific one were projected to be ones who had not only never bought one of the 7 previous titles, but also had never touched any of the half dozen or so different game series since 1999 or so with identical ideas in terms of basic structure (ranging from Forza and Sega GT to Tokyo Xtreme Racer and most of the Need for Speed games after III) and would thus be so clueless to the concept of "I don't have enough money to buy a Veyron right off the bat" that they need their hands held that much?

Think of it this way. You are a new player and have never played GT before.

They give you 30,000 credits to get you started and now you're faced with 1207 cars to choose from, most of which you can't afford.

It is much better to guide them in the method of buying a car than it is to leave them to their own devices.

Simple. Give players an option to view a reccomended list of cars that cost 30,000 Cr. or less. Problem solved. But no, PD was either too lazy or too incompotent to use such a simple solution.

You don't need to use it. You can buy another car with the credits you have left and you don't even have to do the first guided lap around Brands Hatch in the Clio with all the assistance switched on if you don't want to.

If the game gave you the Fit for free instead of forcing you to spend your credits on it, there would be no issue.

And while you can just buy another car with whatever is left over, your choices are very limited compared to previous GTs. The 13,000 Cr. you're left with isn't even enough to buy one of the premium NA Miatas, or any other Miata for that matter, which is what I wanted as my first car.

Last edited:
And while you can just buy another car with whatever is left over, your choices are very limited compared to previous GTs. The 13,000 Cr. you're left with isn't even enough to buy one of the premium NA Miatas, or any other Miata for that matter, which is what I wanted as my first car.

Nothing blocks you from selling the fit. The extra money get from the sell surley will give you the Miata you want, no?

there are 43 cars you can buy with the remaining 13.000Cr.
This is the important bit.

In previous GTs you've started off with a selection of cars you can buy for your 18,000cr (give or take) and no real idea if what you buy is suitable for anything. In GT6 you start off with 13,000cr and a free car that is suitable for most of the first events unmodified.

Most likely because of a deal between PD and Honda.

It would be better to promote the whole brand in that case. At least let us buy any Honda we want. I wouldn't have mind starting with the EK Civic Type R for instance. Making everyone start with the same exact car is stupid, regardless of the reason.

Last edited:
Most likely because of a deal between PD and Honda.

Exactly. Its naive to think otherwise. It is a shame to get offered your grans car as a first choice and I promptly sold it after the first championship and bought a '76 Golf GTi. Once your an hour or so into the game you forget about it anyway!

There are 342 Cars you can buy with 30.000Cr. to begin with. So why the FIT?

Why indeed! Part of joy of the previous games was searching for your first ride. Since you need the Fit later it's not a waste. But the hand holding at the start of the game is just lame.

Or PD could have done the sensible thing and let you choose between searching the dealership for your own car, or going to the recommended shop and finding something recommended by PD for the Novice class racing. Instead they decided to ruin one of the things I was looking forward to. Starting with a car I wanted to start with.

I wonder how much Honda paid PD to do this. XP

It really seems like they could have allowed a much greater selection for the first car.
They give you 30,000 whit that i can get the 86 racing and still have 2,000 to spend. :D But the fit is kinda fun to drive.

They could give you the FIT for free and give you may be 10.000 - 15.000 Cr. to tune it. Or buy another car. I think they want to show in a short amount of time how to buy a car for those who are new to the game. I don´t think how they do it, its a bad idea. But the choice of car is.
Its all about money I think.

My idea of getting started would be like this: You have 40.000Cr. and a choice of 5-10 cars to choose from. This also gives you the idea of buying cheap but tuning a lot, or buying expensive and no money for tuning right at the beginning. Would be more suitable for beginners and also gives more choice for the 15-year veterans.

But it is as it is. Just take it like this: You start GT6 with a free Honda FIT and 13.000 Cr. to buy a car out of 43 or tune the FIT if you like this little car. (Still I don´t like the choice of the FIT, hope everybody gets my point... :sly:)

Back