do i need this game?

• Thread starter poolio
  • 124 comments
Jimjams
Well, any game/sim's physics is going to be an approximation. The Calculations are too complex. But I agree, Enthusia's physics feels responsive - more like a real physical system. Lap after lap will feel different. GT4's is so sterile and unresponsive, imo, I ended up resenting it.

The DS2 may be part of Enthusia's problem popularity wise. Drifting's OK with it, but it's no fun for me in comparison with the DFPro. And despite any 'compensation', you can't yank the steering around like you can in GT4. So you need to take up the slack on the sticks in order to be able to apply controlled inputs or else you'll be sideways; not everyone wants to drift everywhere, you know! :)

I agree the snap-back oversteer isn't sharp enough. On the other hand, GT4's is ridiculous: you counter-steer, nothing happens at all (I've heard track drivers say it's much easier to catch a slide in RL than in GT4) and then it snaps back with *no* warning. You can learn to predict it if you're familiar with that particular car and bend, but it just seems to be following a crude rule.

I agree about locking breaks.

I've got RBR on PS2. That feels quite similar to Enthusia, and I've heard the track drivers say it's very realistic. But being mostly 4WD, and dirt, I'm less interested. Main problem with RBR is the road detail makes it difficult to judge how fast you're going (this effects cornering performance! :)). Also, kinda sad when the late RB's voice says 'I'll have to watch out for you". :(

+1 on everything. 👍

I don't have too much trouble driving fast without drifting with the DS2, and the only cars that can be difficult at times are the ones that should be difficult (i.e. the Abarth, the Cobra, etc.)...but I admit that the game is easier with DFP, and I can fully understand when others say they have trouble with the DS2. :)

I find it interesting that you have trouble with RBR's sense of speed -- I had the exact same problem when I tried it. :crazy:

TheCracker
From what i've seen of the Enthusia love/hate arguement, those who love Enthusia love it's handling realism - those that hate it are usually those who are too young to have spent much time behind the wheel of a real car.

:lol:

Reminds me of what live4speed said not too long ago:

live4speed
The best way I can put it is that GT4 feels real to people who don't drive real car's or haven't driven real car's fast. GT4 is let down by poor tyre physics and poor weight physics, if not more things.

The thing that GT4 has going for it, IMO, is the sense of 'ownership' of the cars in my garage, whereas in Enthusia, there are simply the cars that I've unlocked and those I've raised to level 10.

It's a shame, too. The benefits of staying in one car in Enthusia are huge, and so you'd think that the ownership conceit would play more heavily than it does.

(Of course, for my money, no game beats TXR3 in terms of ownership-- you have a limited size garage, and custom paint jobs with a USB mouse. Total awesomeness in terms of 'ownership'.)

h0ss
It's a shame, too. The benefits of staying in one car in Enthusia are huge, and so you'd think that the ownership conceit would play more heavily than it does.

(Of course, for my money, no game beats TXR3 in terms of ownership-- you have a limited size garage, and custom paint jobs with a USB mouse. Total awesomeness in terms of 'ownership'.)

Yup! 👍 👍 on that. I don't have TXR3, (bad reviews are hurting my decision to purchase it, but I was able to try Forza on the Xbox at work. The custom vinyl on Forza is a nice feature. I know Konami invested a lot on Enthusia's physics engine, but real car owners have that knack for making their rides stand-out from the pack. Some vinyl, a new set of rims... But no one's gonna buy Enthusia for the customization part. It's main draw is still that excellent physics engine. It's just a little extra that could have been squeezed in before retail. Inversely (and ironically), I think GT4's not allowing a player to change the car color after purchase gives that "this is my ride feeling". I guess it stems from the permanence of that "I've got a green (insert name of car here) in my garage." statement. Very different from Enthusia's change the color anytime feature. :lol: :lol:

As for wether or not this is a must buy...

"You will buy Enthusia... You will buy a DFP... You will enjoy the game..." (waves hand in front of reader) :D :D

hey everyone, i bought this game about 2months ago, and i must say i love it:) my brother bought it for me :dopey: it was pretty expensive though
(99.95AUS). These threads really conviced me that this was a good game to buy if u were a hardcore racing simulator gamer it took me so long to find it, we looked everywhere!! but it was worth it. Dare i say i love it more than Granturismo:nervous: which really shouldnt be the case in the first place. I love the physics of the game, it makes up for everything that isnt so good, but the main reason for me loving it so much is because its fun. When i first played Grantursimo 4 i found that it wasnt as entertaining as the last ones, it was probably just the hype of a new GT. Nothing can beat drift battling down the touge! I absolutley love this game:) 👍

Back