Do we need another Gran Turismo from PD?

What should PD focus on?

• Gran Turismo 6

Votes: 117 81.8%
  • Tourist Trophy 2

Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Kazunori Yamauchi RPG

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Motor Toon Grand Prix 3

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Omega Boost 2

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • A More Specific Motorsport Sim

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • POWERBOAT RACING!!!

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • PLANE RACING!!!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something Completely Different

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • They should close up shop and sell their headquarters to nintendo

Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Gran Tourist Turismo Trophy 62

• Motor Toon Turismo Mountain 36

• Total voters
Antarctica
Controls set for heart of sun
GTP_RogerTheHors
I can't help but wonder if Polyphony might be better off focusing on something other than GT for a time, perhaps a second Tourist Trophy?

Kaz has already expressed his interest in making both an offical F1 game and some form of RPG*, but that in the end he decided against it, does this hint at a willingness, or perhaps even a desire to move in a different direction?

I personally would love to see Polyphony making a full blown rally sim, since codemasters seem to have moved away from rally sims, the modern WRC games aren't so good (and are constrained by the official licence), RBR has (understandably) ceased to exist, and V-Rally and the many other series of the late 90s / early 2000s have vanished. Just my two euro cents!

But seriously, PD should focus on making GT6 great

*isn't GT already sort of an RPG?

There is no reason why GT can't become a massive in depth simulator that models a huge range of motorsports. Launch the game with PS4, and it will constantly be a work in progress until the end of the console life cycle, adding different types of racing while updating physics and other features as needed.

The only problem is this doesn't sound like something console gamers would go for. It could certainly work on PC.

There is no reason why GT can't become a massive in depth simulator that models a huge range of motorsports. Launch the game with PS4, and it will constantly be a work in progress until the end of the console life cycle, adding different types of racing while updating physics and other features as needed.

The only problem is this doesn't sound like something console gamers would go for. It could certainly work on PC.

Here we go again...

Good idea with the "console life cycle development", though. That should be saved for GT7, as PD would have the tools to develop a PS4 game.

Wait, "Kazunori Yamauchi RPG" or, "Kazunori Yamauchi: the Game"? I'd love to see that!

Wait, "Kazunori Yamauchi RPG" or, "Kazunori Yamauchi: the Game"? I'd love to see that!

That game would be the star of E3 or Tokyo or Gamescom if it was announced. Imagine the headlines! "Kazunori makes game about self", and "Huge displayed by Japanese games development team head in LA/Tokyo/Cologne"

The Gran Turismo franchise is ridiculously profitable, so PD will never stop making them, regardless of how Kaz feels about it.

Kaz will be unseated as head of PD long before PD stops making Gran Turismo games.

Kaz will be unseated as head of PD long before PD stops making Gran Turismo games.

When that day comes, I wonder what'll happen to GT?

Will it become more like Forza, will it go back to it's more original form, will it become like Final Fantasy and start going in a cycle? Hmm...

Kaz is head and president of PD now. I don't think he was when they made Omega Boost, was he?

The only way for Kaz and PD to stop, or take a break from GT, is if he feels like he has all of his vision for the franchise complete, and that may or not be forever. Plus I think Sony would like them to keep pumping out the $$$ that the GT franchise brings to them.

The only reason they were able to make a separate title of TT, is only because they pretty much just copy and pasted everything from GT4, apart from some of the unique bike models, bike gears, etc. A Kaz RPG game or any other would take tremendous resources, money, and time away from GT, so I can't see that happening unless PD immensely expands themselves into a developer company that is capable of making two (or more) different games like Naughty Dog of the Uncharted franchise.

There's no point in PD focusing on something else now, as they have started Gran Turismo 6 from a long time ago. Finish what you start. If they knew that they wouldn't have finished GT6, then it's safe to say that PD would have ended the GT series there and continued with something else.

Kaz is head and president of PD now. I don't think he was when they made Omega Boost, was he?

The only way for Kaz and PD to stop, or take a break from GT, is if he feels like he has all of his vision for the franchise complete, and that may or not be forever. Plus I think Sony would like them to keep pumping out the $$$ that the GT franchise brings to them.

The only reason they were able to make a separate title of TT, is only because they pretty much just copy and pasted everything from GT4, apart from some of the unique bike models, bike gears, etc. A Kaz RPG game or any other would take tremendous resources, money, and time away from GT, so I can't see that happening unless PD immensely expands themselves into a developer company that is capable of making two (or more) different games like Naughty Dog of the Uncharted franchise.
And that's the way the cookie crumbles. 👍

I voted for GT6, but Kazunori Yamauchi RPG does also sound very interesting.

It is ALL about the money.
PD knows the the GT franchise is popular and so they will continue to make GTs until it isin't profitable anymore. They won't want to branch out to airplanes or another TT when they have a future GT6 to make them money, simple as that.

I would like to see GT6 on the PS3. But what I would really like to see is A 2nd Tourist Trophy.

I believe before PD starts to focus on other games, they do need to up their staff significantly.

Gran Turismo still has a lot of development to be done in it.

As MUCH as I would love to roleplay as Kazunori Yamauchi (I'm taking that literally, I do know what you meant, though), I'm going to vote for GT6. They should stick with what they do best.

Besides, considering every GT game has been in the top 3 best sellers for every PS system it's been released on, I don't think Sony will let them release anything else.

I voted for a specific series. Polyphony would make one of the best Super GT/JGTC games compared to any other developer. There's nothing wrong with another Gran Turismo though.

Alright, who were the five that voted to close PD and sell the shop to Nintendo?

We need to have a talk.

Latest Posts

Back