do you feel like the realism is dead now?

United States
The U.S
Blu_Subaru22
Yea its nice having a car tip to the side and nitro magically appear when drafting, but compare to the very first midnight club, the speed, physics, ans the surrondings when speeding looked very real. But know all i see is a Mclearen going 250mph when it cant. The steering and turn is really fake. I mean you cant cut through a tight 90 degree angle turn perfectly at 200mph. And there is no way just giving parts to a car comes with no downsides. Man i miss the good ol days.

It depends on what type of game you like really.. I don't think many GTPlanet members are going to withstand the obvious fakeness and way too forgiving nature of the game (rubber band effect for example). You cant just play gt and then midnight club, it would be too much of a letdown when in reality it is a really great game if don't get caught up in the physics or realism too much. But I did, i got the million dollar deal and then was over it and traded it in within a week of buying it.....

Not everyone on GTP only likes realistic games, we play GT when we want realism, we play games like MCLA when we don't, thats the point. The problems with LA are certainly not that it is unrealistic, it's just the general blandness as there's not alot to do once you finish the main game.

While it's true that Midnight Club was never about realism, I think maybe adding some realism. Going the GRID route and finding a balance would be a good idea. Midnight Club and NFS: Underground before it took a lot of cues from The Fast and Furious movie franchise and that means having very arcadish, unrealistic racing that can be over the top and while that may make for fun in spurts, it doesn't make for very much strategy and can get stale.

Back