Do you feel you have 100% control of the car in Driveclub?

• Thread starter jp_footy
  • 62 comments

Do you feel you have 100% control of the car in Driveclub?

• Yes

Votes: 55 57.3%
  • No

Votes: 41 42.7%

• Total voters
Portugal
Unlocated
JFERRARIL10
If not, you are probably using the wrong controls. In DC it is really important to have a control configuration that works for you or you will be struggling to manoeuvre the car. I have tried about 50 different control configurations and there is only one where I have EXACT control of the car. Stop fighting the controls and start driving! ;)

I have 99% control of the car with the standard controller setting :D
tried the motion controls but I totally suck in stuff like this. (Morpheus will kill my brain)

What's your button layout?

I have 99% control of the car with the standard controller setting :D
tried the motion controls but I totally suck in stuff like this. (Morpheus will kill my brain)

What's your button layout?
I use square for throttle, L2 for for brake, R1 & R2 for gears with the directional buttons. It's a bit weird but it works for me...Any other configuration it's like I'm half as skilled.

The right controls for me would be a wheel, but out of the 4 I have not one of them is compatible with PS4 (thanks a lot Sony) & I can't afford a licensed one either.

:(

The results are interesting to say the least...There is another configuration which works for me which is square throttle, x brake with the analogue stick for steering.

I'd say no because a lot of the time I play the game by throwing the car into corners and then riding the momentum. I suppose if you have full control of the car you're doin' it wrong! :lol:

When I am driving around a track like normal, then I have full control of the car. When I try to drift, I have no control at all. So, I would say no.

Driveclub respects the twin goals of (a) no floatiness or steering lag (b) cars brake/accelerate/oversteer/understeer broadly based on realistic physics (just slightly exaggerated braking and grip levels).

As a result, wheels work very nicely. I'm sure the wheel makes drifting more challenging (I'm just making excuses for failing to get 3 stars on some of the drifting tour events so far), but grip driving is excellent.

Driveclub respects the twin goals of (a) no floatiness or steering lag (b) cars brake/accelerate/oversteer/understeer broadly based on realistic physics (just slightly exaggerated braking and grip levels).

As a result, wheels work very nicely. I'm sure the wheel makes drifting more challenging (I'm just making excuses for failing to get 3 stars on some of the drifting tour events so far), but grip driving is excellent.

I struggeled to get 3 stars in drifting just like you, then I tried 'chase cam', something that i normally never use, and all off a sudden I was able to get those three stars in almost every drifting round.
Now I still need to find out how to get faster in the normal races :)

If not, you are probably using the wrong controls. In DC it is really important to have a control configuration that works for you or you will be struggling to manoeuvre the car. I have tried about 50 different control configurations and there is only one where I have EXACT control of the car. Stop fighting the controls and start driving! ;)

I play with thrustmaster T300RS and pedal set T3PA and control the 95% of the cars. Ariel Atom is very hard to control, also a couple of electric cars are hard to drive, the rest are ok.

It's strange for me. I have had my T300rs for about 3 months now. I have used it on my ps3 for GT6, and most recently for Project Cars. It feels great on those games, but when it comes to DC it feels undriveable at times with the car spinning out especially on breaking. Ive gone back to using the DS4 when playing DC and can once again feel what the car is doing underneath me. Has anyone else had this problem using a wheel?

It's strange for me. I have had my T300rs for about 3 months now. I have used it on my ps3 for GT6, and most recently for Project Cars. It feels great on those games, but when it comes to DC it feels undriveable at times with the car spinning out especially on breaking. Ive gone back to using the DS4 when playing DC and can once again feel what the car is doing underneath me. Has anyone else had this problem using a wheel?

Hi yes I have the same, the steering on DC was always very loose after playing sims on it, since the last update and some of the new cars the wheel is now a bit tighter for me (on 900 deg rotation I find best) -old cars still the same but as soon as I touch the brake it spins..on the ds4 if you touch the brake it doesn't spin. So like you I enjoy racing on the wheel but can't get better times than the ds4 and have more control on the ds4 for the tough challenges I have been facing lately so I use the t300 for PCars only (easy to drive) and the ds4 for DC (also easier for photomode as you can't use both yet). Maybe with more practice it could work on DC but like you why does it spin out on a slight touch of the brake? There are some fast wheel drivers out there so there must be a technique we are missing? :)

If touching the brake spins you out, you could always try leaving ~20% accelerator while braking, this avoids throwing the car weight on the front tyres as aggressively and helps with braking stability in most PC sims.

I do it automatically without thinking when left-foot braking, so I couldn't tell you if it works, but I have had very little difficulty with braking (except the Atom) in Driveclub using T300+T3PA or T500. So I suppose it does help?

Thanks @skazz I've tried leaving 20-25% accelerator on and left foot braking, both used on pcars as well sometimes but it seems sensitive on DC. I will keep trying as I enjoy racing with the wheel when I get time. 👍

I've improved my config and using the controller is NO issue for me now. Here's my configuration:

10ofpew.jpg
[/IMG]
10ofpew.jpg

Thanks @skazz I've tried leaving 20-25% accelerator on and left foot braking, both used on pcars as well sometimes but it seems sensitive on DC. I will keep trying as I enjoy racing with the wheel when I get time. 👍

have you done the brake pedal Modification? i have two pieces of mousemat sponge stuck under the brake pedal that restrict full braking at first but can be pressed harder and squashed so full braking is applied, one piece is stuck on the back of the pedal,the other piece is stuck opposite it so when the pedal is pressed the two come together, this has improved my braking massively...now i need to work on my cornering,accelerating,drifting and drafting and i'm sorted.

Default setting with auto transmission mainly because I like driving in chase cam with the HUD turned off.

Hi yes I have the same, the steering on DC was always very loose after playing sims on it, since the last update and some of the new cars the wheel is now a bit tighter for me (on 900 deg rotation I find best) -old cars still the same but as soon as I touch the brake it spins..on the ds4 if you touch the brake it doesn't spin. So like you I enjoy racing on the wheel but can't get better times than the ds4 and have more control on the ds4 for the tough challenges I have been facing lately so I use the t300 for PCars only (easy to drive) and the ds4 for DC (also easier for photomode as you can't use both yet). Maybe with more practice it could work on DC but like you why does it spin out on a slight touch of the brake? There are some fast wheel drivers out there so there must be a technique we are missing? :)
Hi thxs for your reply, sorry to hear you're also going through the same issues, have you had any luck as of late? I've also heard of some other drivers that use the wheel and are incredibly quick. Okay so my setup is my t300rs which I use with my G25 pedals. My drive style is like that of a real care. I only use my right foot for gas and brake with my left covering the clutch. So coming up to a corner, as i start to lift of the gas the rare of the car starts to spin. I cannot touch my DS4 laptimes using the wheel which is depressing lol

Hi thxs for your reply, sorry to hear you're also going through the same issues, have you had any luck as of late? I've also heard of some other drivers that use the wheel and are incredibly quick. Okay so my setup is my t300rs which I use with my G25 pedals. My drive style is like that of a real care. I only use my right foot for gas and brake with my left covering the clutch. So coming up to a corner, as i start to lift of the gas the rare of the car starts to spin. I cannot touch my DS4 laptimes using the wheel which is depressing lol

With practice the last week or so I am now getting pretty much the same times on wheel (manual gears) T300RS/Standard Pedals/playseat as DS4 (manual gears). I have reduced rotation to a fixed 660 deg and do not touch that with the wheel assist 'on'. I find this is a nice balance and the things to remember on DC to a sim are:

Braking: Only brake when coming up to the bend in a straight line do not brake and turn in too early you will spin- brake taking the momentum out while you are dropping a gear then turn in.

Steering: The wheel only needs a slight touch/turn on this 660 deg (as you would a normal car try to keep straightish rather than other set ups where you have full rotation) on most corners, but on tight 90 deg corners this helps as you can quickly swing round and take it through which you cant do on the DS4 and can shave 1/2 a sec off on a tight apex.

I also for DC use right foot braking and not left foot and drive like a real car I think that is how it has been set up, although left foot braking is possible but not as easy for me say as on a track race with PCars.

So while on other games the wheel lets you brake and turn in (with more flexibilty) on DC it is pretty much realistic in how a real car reacts. I think I had the wheel rotation set too high or too low and have now tried every setting.

It does take practice and a week or two to get in to it but I will now use either the wheel when it is set up but also happy on the DS4 most days for a thrash of my fav cars/photos. I hope you are getting on better 👍

i have same issues,... controller i have control with wheel i can not go as fast as with my wheel :irked:

Back