Do you have to get all Golds in Licenses to get 100%?

Messages
14
I'm just curious how important doing well in the licenses is. Cause if they are important I'm screwed, I just got bronze in like all and dont really give a damn about trying to get gold.
 
No I don't believe you do. I don't care about the Golds either..
 
No you dont need to have all golds to get 100% i know cause im at 100% only good thing about getting all golds is you get a free car:D
 
actually, no you do not have to get all golds. i got all golds on all of them. but no you dont have to. also, yes it is worth it to get golds. you get a free car. and since you start off with 18.000 and then you get a FREE car you can put some engine upgrades or turbos on it. ;)
 
thats great to start with. and all golds looks good in my resumé :)

tonight I will do my best to get all golds....
 
looks like impossible to get all golds :confused:
 
darn, its impossible for such a lousy driver as myself to get golds in the special tests.:(

Ive tried for hours and one of my controllers had to pay for my mistakes with its "life" ;)
 
Some of the times for golds seem impossible, but they aren't. Personally, I can't be bothered. I guess it helps to get all golds in the B license, because of the free car, but I preferred to buy a car and then get circuit knowledge and rack up the money that way.

I spent 3hrs on the 60m Wet Circle test last night, finally managed to scrape a bronze in it. You reckon I want to go through all that again just to get a poxy gold? I don't think so!

Maybe when I'm at 100% and I need more of a challenge, but for now, just having the license is enough for me.

PS: Anyone else think that the slalom test with the RUF was easier with the driver aids off?
 
Originally posted by GilesGuthrie


PS: Anyone else think that the slalom test with the RUF was easier with the driver aids off?

First time I tried again after I got the Logitech wheel (I turned the assists off the moment I got it) I took about three seconds out of my time.

You could get a nice pendulum thing happening in time with the slalom.
 
I think trying to get the golds forces you to learn the fastest way to drive, going round the same corner or corners a good few times with a ghost car you really learn where to make up time. My lines have certainly improved. Gold on about half of them now - including Cote D'Azure on Super, after about 6 hours - half to go.
 
Now that I think about it ... it seems possible to beat the game without ever spending credits. You could get all golds on the A license test, then race some races, eventually build up to getting a faster "race car", get lucky and win an F1. Away you go, never spent a dime. It would be rather difficult to win some races without doing tune ups, but not impossible.

You could win the game without spending money, and sell only duplicate cars. You'd have a full garadge (one of each car) and all your money.

That would rock, but be very difficult.

~LoudMusic
 
Originally posted by vat_man


First time I tried again after I got the Logitech wheel (I turned the assists off the moment I got it) I took about three seconds out of my time.

You could get a nice pendulum thing happening in time with the slalom.

yeah i realized that too!!!

hehe, i've been driving with the assists off since after the second week, and i have gotten used to it!!!

except, i still turn on TCS because it saves the tires to a certain extent.
 
Back