Do you like to drive cars tuned or stock?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Omniscient
  • 41 comments
  • 2,888 views
Messages
67
United States
California
Just wondering how many people on here like to tune or get tunes for their cars. Personally I like to keep most of my cars stock, I like to preserve their character. And I don't have time to tune all my cars up. A few cars I will tune up though, mostly race cars.
 
There is certain cars I keep stock because I like them that way. But most of the time it's parts and tuning!
 
When I'm doing A-spec it's normally tuning to fit the cars I own in as many races as I can.
After that's all done I pretty much go 100% stock and drive around pointlessly
 
Depends on my mood and what car it is. Super cars are a chore to drive modded and even worse to tune, cough, cough Lambo, cough. But some older Japanese cars(80's, 90's) are great fun tuned. Donuts in my MK3 are always fun but a lazy putter around the Ring in a 300sl is fun too.
 
This is why I try to buy at least 3 cars from the UCD. I go with:

1 car fully upgraded.
1 car stock.
The rest are the cars that you mess around with. Maybe for specific PP levels or replica building.

As for an answer for the topic: i prefer tuned, but only to the extent that it turns better, easier on the throttle and is not considerably faster than stock. I do drive stocks, but give them proper tires to the least (road cars get SS, racers get RS).
 
All my cars are stock, except for a few I added the odd part to when I first got the game & did some A-Spec.
 
Sometimes stock HP, but i will always tune the suspension and LSD :)
 
I usually drive stock cars. I don't like to tune many cars. I leave all of my race cars stock, and cars that are rare such as the Buick GNX and Lexus LFA I leave stock as well. Cars like an MX-5 NA and Camaro I'll tune, but not fully.
 
I like to have one car for tuning and one stock (yes I have 2000 cars). When using stock you do get a better idea of the character of the car and is the ultimate driving test. Sometimes stock settings on gearboxes are essential to change on many tracks (eg classic muscle cars). I'd love to be able to specify what settings must be stock in an online lobby/lounge.
 
Honestly, it depends on what mood I'm in. Sometimes I'll just want to drive something that feels good without anything added to it, so I'll buy a nice sports car and leave it be, but other times I'll want to make something of my own so I'll buy whatever cars I see and throw on whatever parts are needed to get them to the nearest 50pp.
 
I tend to switch between stock and tuned depending on what I'm doing. For general fooling around, I use stock or tuned replicas. For serious league racing, it's tuned cars all the way. For spec racing, I'll revert back to stock
 
Depends on the car and my mood. I like to drive ordinary cars fully stock with comfort tires to get a feel of what the car may be like in real life. Otherwise I'll do some minor engine, exhaust and clutch upgrades to get past a certain race if needed. I don't get into any heavy modding because I usually mess up the car.

My typical rule is race cars get race tires, sports cars get sports tires, and mundane grocery getters get comforts.
 
Last edited:
I'll tune under/oversteer out of a car but that's about it. I'm not patient or consistent enough to run laps and see if 12.3 spring stiffness is faster then 12.2
 
I have all premium cars + Chrome line + Stealth cars in my garage. And all premium models are not tuned. I have adjusted their specs (BHP, weight) as close as possible to real life specs without using any tuning parts. Then I use to run time attacks on Gran Turismo tracks which are listed in FASTESTLAPS.COM as well.
 
Mostly stock
I like minor tunes... just gearbox and suspension and the ramp angles (Differential) leave the engine as standard.

Only really use heavy tune race cars
 
Last edited:
I mostly drive slightly modded cars(what I would do to the car IRL, under 500pp). Anything over 515pp I will have a stock version to run
 
I drive stock mainly. When I tune, it's just for ride height and I soften the suspension to stock settings.
 
It really depends on the car for me. Normally I don't tune, but it happens, occasionally.
 
This thread would've been great if it had a poll.


Anyways, I perfer my cars stock, unless I'm hybriding.
 
I like all of my cars as stock as possible, with "realistic" tires. I enjoy my cars that way much better.

Things that I do to my cars:

-Window weight reduction
-Weight reduction 1 (Sometimes. Not always)
-ECU chip (depending on the car)
-Sports Cat
-Exhaust manifold
-Sport Exhaust (ONLY if it fixes an incorrect sound sample)
-LSD (Sometimes. Mostly in old RWD cars)
-Turbo and Supercharger. (Very rarely and only if necessary).
-Comfort Soft Tires are a must below 320HP Eveything else; Sport Hards.
-Suspension must ALWAYS be stock in my cars.
-Transmission (only if necessary).

And that's pretty much it. I might play around with some parts with some cars, and also experiment with brake bias and ballast, but usually I get bored and return them as stock as possible.

Personally I like to feel the differences between each car, and feel how the car was meant to be when it came out of the manufacturer. I don't know why... it's just me. I don't like to tune everything to the max to the point were the real car is no more. I find no point on that. But again, that's my personal opinion.
 
both,i like to drive stock cars because i do a lot of shuffle races and tuned ones when im doing normal races.
 
I drive the car in stock most of the time, because I want to feel the stock handling.

But sometime I will tune the car to fulfill the requirement of the A Spec race.
 
I like all of my cars as stock as possible, with "realistic" tires. I enjoy my cars that way much better.

Things that I do to my cars:

-Window weight reduction
-Weight reduction 1 (Sometimes. Not always)
-ECU chip (depending on the car)
-Sports Cat
-Exhaust manifold
-Sport Exhaust (ONLY if it fixes an incorrect sound sample)
-LSD (Sometimes. Mostly in old RWD cars)
-Turbo and Supercharger. (Very rarely and only if necessary).
-Comfort Soft Tires are a must below 320HP Eveything else; Sport Hards.
-Suspension must ALWAYS be stock in my cars.
-Transmission (only if necessary).

And that's pretty much it. I might play around with some parts with some cars, and also experiment with brake bias and ballast, but usually I get bored and return them as stock as possible.

Personally I like to feel the differences between each car, and feel how the car was meant to be when it came out of the manufacturer. I don't know why... it's just me. I don't like to tune everything to the max to the point were the real car is no more. I find no point on that. But again, that's my personal opinion.

Ugh I hate the exhaust mods in the game, they ruin what are already pretty poor car sounds, I have yet to find an exaust mod that makes the car sound better.

And yea, my favorite part of this game is collecting cars, and I don't have the patience to tune up every car, plus I like to keep them "pristine" lol.
 
I drive the car in stock most of the time, because I want to feel the stock handling.

But sometime I will tune the car to fulfill the requirement of the A Spec race.

Yea A-spec is the only reason I'd ever buy upgrades, the measly rewards don't justify buying a new car just for that event.
 
Ugh I hate the exhaust mods in the game, they ruin what are already pretty poor car sounds, I have yet to find an exaust mod that makes the car sound better.

Personally, I think the Sports exhaust on the Viper ACR makes it sound a bit more like a Viper.

Anyway, on topic, I guess I like to do everything. I like to drive my cars stock, to feel how they would perform out of the factory. Example would be... A lot of the cars I have. I also like to tune cars for racing. I like to tune cars to replicate IRL cars, such as the Evo IX FQ-360 and C350 CDI. Finally, sometimes, I might experiment with tuning certain cars and seeing how they perform, like my 70HP Beetle "Porsche" or a GT3-Spec SLS AMG.
 
Back