Do you need to make a Backup of GTC before you can play it on a modded PS2?

  • Thread starter Thread starter rathead
  • 19 comments
  • 2,257 views
It depends on what modchip you have. It depends on whether that modchip can play original import discs.
 
Im using the Swap Magic Disc. And im guessing the answer to my question is a BIG FAT NO because my GTC original wont load. I just need confrimtion.
 
I think you are correct on the big fat no. I use the swap magic disc too and it wont load for me either. I'm told that the magic discs wont load "original" imports. You must make a copy or backup of the game or dvd to play them. Sucks I know.
 
Hey, is the swap magic thing the one that you have to remove the front part of the drivetray?

I was wondering because I'm looking to get my machine chipped.
 
Hello all:

Dont use a swap magic disc or anything like that!!!:mad:

Use a real chip like a Messiah or Magic. I have an Sbox chip I can sell as well! Swap Magic will NOT boot GTC! I will burn you a DVD copy or CDR of GTC if you let me have a copy as well. Pm me any who interested!:)
 
Alos known as a a Neo-Kay. It has one wire to solder and is plugged into the USB port and will play all CDR games but no DVDR.
 
Bah, i'm going for the all singing all dancing DMS2 chip.
 
Bloody expensive as well, although it will be worth it.

When I get the Japanese version of GT4 ;)
 
where can I get the Japanese version of GTC? i have the PAL but i want the full experience. :)
 
You can get the Japanese Version off a site that sells imports. Try Lik Sang or something. Ill buy your PAL version. Please!
 
Wow~ Nice link Viper_Maniac! I will probably buy it from there!
 
You need a modchip that can load dvd9s, because gran turismo concept is a dvd9. Also the swap magic can load import originals juss not dvd9 originals
 
Hey,

Have you tried this in person, loading imports on a swap magic???
 
Yes I tried loading a import orignal with a swap magic. I loaded this game called dual hearts a import and it worked. Dual hearts is a dvd5 so I think that is y
 
Hey,

Have you tried new games? Most new ones should be a DVD9 so..... Thats crazy though, what type is the game? Pal, or Japanese?
 
Back