Do you remove your "friends" if they don't remote race?

• Thread starter balsaq
  • 84 comments

Do you remove none-racers?

• No racing? No friend

Votes: 17 13.7%
  • I don't care

Votes: 59 47.6%
  • Not yet, but intending to

Votes: 37 29.8%
  • I have no friends

Votes: 6 4.8%
  • Other (post below)

Votes: 5 4.0%

• Total voters
The problem with deleting people who haven't raced your Bobs is that it might not actually be their fault that they haven't raced them.

I have hosted for 9 hours a day for the last 3 days and there are some people who seem to be that popular that it's rare for any of their Bobs to be available each time I go to add them to my starting grid. It's not that I don't want to use their Bobs, it's that I can't.

...and if I've been trying constantly for 9 hours each day and struggled to add Bobs from certain people, then those who have less time to host are hardly ever going to be able to race the Bobs of those people

Yeah as Fluk3 said sometimes it's that we can't not that we don't.

If any of my remote race friends are reading this the reason I am not racing your bobs is because I am having a problem where every buddy on my list is greyed out and says "Driver not found"

I have no idea, and I dont really care TBH. I have my server up pretty much 2/3 of my day and my bobs are always online. Only time its all off is the weekends.

I'll start by saying I hope you're only refering to friends that you added with the sole purpose of remote racing.

If not:

Where's the poll option that says "You've got to be kidding. I'm not a 7 year old."

Thank you I was begining to think this thread was entirely full of selfish children. If you guys only want friends for the cash he or she can make you, you've lost site of why we have friends on the PSN. Personally I woundn't want anyone with this attitude as my friend.

Just to remind people Friends are here to race with (A-spec) not to leach off of.

I suggest those on the other side of this view write up contracts with their friends so they can insure that they get what they demand.

Last edited:
I don't mind challenging B-Spec drivers that weren't mine, nor that I also mind having my Bob's be in a remote race without me knowing. Every now and then I take all my AI's offline so I can progress/grind my B-Spec level and update my drivers' abilities/classes - but remote racing is not bad for me. :)

When I reached my 100 friend limit I had to weed out some that were not racing my Bobs - hosting races should be reciprocal in my opinion :)

I'll let you race my Bob's if you like! Recently I had all 5 of my AI's in a 16-bob remote race, and I didn't even realize it, lol... Send me an add sometime later, and let's ride. :)

Wow, some people have blown this out of proportion. As much as I like good arguments (and the main reason for the thread/poll) but implying those with contradictory points of view are children? Quite ironic don't you think?

Most people in this subforum since the introduction of remote racing have added "friends" (hence the speech marks) for the sole reason to do remote racing.

Since hosting races takes some level of effort (less so with auto running apps) and tends to benefit your "friends" more due to the single driver limitation, I can hardly see any point in against some choosing to kick off the lazy ones who aren't repaying the favour.

I'm open to constructive criticism however and as I've highlighted in a post above, there is the element of those who are unable to host.

I've been running the Grinder the past 24hrs or so with 3 hiccups due to my wireless internet being random and dropping my PS3 when I'm not home.

So over past 24hrs, I've done a solid 18hrs of remote racing. The 2 days before that I was sick and missed work so I did nonstop remote racing manually.

Some of the problems I've had is that some folks drivers are never available to race.

I've also ran into several hour long periods where my drivers were never available so that I could host a race. I even "unshared" a single driver just so that I could start manually hosting races again.

I'm not sure if anyone has gone through that issue, but my sharing has gone down quite a bit over the past few days because I never have my own drivers available to host a race.

my thing is this. in a few weeks or so eveyone will be using the remote race widget. I will look thru my list and only delete those that NEVER host. if you don't race mine i feel like odds are you will one day or I may have over looked you.

I work from home and have my server up all day and most nights, unless i I racing or want to watch a blue ray. (my ps3 will probably die soon. but i have noticed i can't even hear it when its hosting, I guess its not working hard.)

I use the widget app and i wish you could put on there preferred racers, but every time i check in on it. the app has chosen most of the guys that chose me, so its no big deal.

I have got 48 friends right now i think and i want to get 100 and then start weeding out the bad ones then get 100 again.

cause i have a weird feeling that PD will decrease the prize for racing especially if PS3s start breaking from all the up time.

By the way ADD ME!

Agree with you wylinU, I will do exactly the same.

People who never host a race will be gone and hopefully replaced by people who do host.

Example;
Since yesterday I've hosted races with 66 unique PSN-members.
19 PSN-members which I've added have raced my Bobs since yesterday.

Of course the 47 who haven't raced my Bobs in a while will get removed. :)

Only members who've added me for the pure purpose of remote racing will be removed.

Only members who've added me for the pure purpose of remote racing will be removed.

I think that's an important point and what some people are not realising. Adding a psn code does not = a friend.

However, since adding the codes, there are some nice comments, thanks and even gifts between us gtpers who are active and I'm sure many have actually made friends in the process which is always a plus!

Out of my "friends" who have shared Bobs, about half have never hosted a race (it's been a week now). Some of the non-hosters have added me from this forum, but nothing yet. :indiff:

I've included everyone in at least 10 races each, then began choosing only those who've reciprocated.

Now that I've decided to run Yonis' excellent widget (I have to, I can't remote at work), these non-hosters are randomly getting a free ride. I'll give them another week and that'll be it.

To be honest, I couldn't care less if people use my drivers or not, I mean, what does it matter? It's only a damn game. I just see it as a way to help out other people and if they return the favour then great, if not then I'm not going to lose any sleep over it and go on a deleting frenzy. There seems to be a fair amount of people that use my guys, albeit only the lower levelled ones (my 2 level 28 drivers, my level 29 and my level 30 rarely get used). I don't even check to see who has used my drivers as I make sure I use everyone on my friends list anyway.

I have removed a few that promised to race. They have not even hosted a race but have all their Bobs online.

To save me typing it again, see below;

WRECKU, thank you for your message about me not using your drivers and "rarely hosting races" but unfortunately I have this thing called 'a job' which means I'm unable to host any races at all during the day and then, when I get home in the evening, I like to actually play the game as opposed to just watching it. I do host a few races a night but only at the end of the night just before I go to bed. I choose drivers at random and I try to make sure I use everyone (because I have got more than just one friend who has got B-Spec drivers you know!!!) so if yours haven't been used then thats probably because they were unavailable when I went to select them.

I'll do a few a night during the week and more at the weekend (IE, when I'm not busy working) but I'm ever so sorry for actually having a job and being too busy to do any during the day.......

I had to remove 2 people. If i see that somebody doesn't host at all or only very very few i remove.

There are people who race my bobs regularly so i return the favor. In addition with the use of the remote grinder i have a much better chance that those who are active will get selected by the programm and not the other parasites who dont do a damn thing! So i keep it fair for those who support me!

My main account is rather filled up (e.g. close to the 100 limit). With everybody's bobs online, all the cash I generate is spread very thinly, especially with only 10-20 regular remote racers. I won't remove anybody (I myself do remote racing during weekends only mostly), but I am adding the regulars to my second account and run remote race from there, so I can pass cash to those actually sharing both ways. 👍

My friends list has exploded this last week.
Have been hosting about 20 - 30 races per day.
Had about 20 odd friends at the start, now im nearing the 100 Limit.
Have been keeping a eye on my in game log to see who has been using my Bobs.
Have been thinking i will give people until after the weekend to see if they do reciprocate, by running my bobs.
Thought it best to wait until after the weekend due to the fact that some people might be too busy during the week to do much hosting.
But will definitely do some purging tomorrow. That way the people that do host my bobs as well, will get there's hosted a little be more.
Have been trying out this race widget to speed up the race hosting process but am not sure weather it is using the full spread of the bobs from my friends list.

My friends list has exploded this last week.
Have been hosting about 20 - 30 races per day.
Had about 20 odd friends at the start, now im nearing the 100 Limit.
Have been keeping a eye on my in game log to see who has been using my Bobs.
Have been thinking i will give people until after the weekend to see if they do reciprocate, by running my bobs.
Thought it best to wait until after the weekend due to the fact that some people might be too busy during the week to do much hosting.
But will definitely do some purging tomorrow. That way the people that do host my bobs as well, will get there's hosted a little be more.
Have been trying out this race widget to speed up the race hosting process but am not sure weather it is using the full spread of the bobs from my friends list.

I'm at the 100 limit as well. Will do a clean up tonight. I'm running the race widget and it's working great.

Will add you so you'll get some races done. :)

Especially when running the widget, it maximises profit for all if you run with a small group of dedicated remote racers (no leeches). 👍

what i think is that we will end up finding out who is hosting and who isn't. basically anyone posting on this thread is a good host buddy to have lol.
I have been hosting for about 24 hours give or take a few times when my racers where being used and my widget froze last night when i went out to the bar.

Here's my feeling for now.

I don't care - so long as my Bob's are getting raced by someone. Being totally honest, there will be stretches when I simply can't remote race either. But as long as it comes out even in the end, I don't care.

So I don't keep score for now. I remote race when I can, check in on the boys to see how they've been doing and make sure I move around my friends list so that I evenly distribute the races. I'm perfectly happy with continuing on a pay-it-forward basis for now.

If I find that it ends of being mostly me doing the racing and others collecting. . .then I'll re-evaluate. But so far my guys seem to be getting a workout.

BTW: if anyone else is down with the concept of pay-it-forward - add me and I will definitely work you into the rotation.

PSN: Peregrinus

Hey everyone, been MIA the last week on running races. I went through the logs and have made note of those who ran my guys, I thank you. Paying you guys back as I type this, going to run the widget all night so I will constantly hosting all night. :)

As far as removing people who don't race me, I am trying to keep a mental note of names I have never seen race me, but right now not too much of a concern as I have been the slacker the last few days... :guilty:

What happens when you delete a friend? Do you just quietly disappear off their friends list, or do they get notification?

IF anyone wants to give me the add, I have a good amount of friend slots open

I usually run the Remote Widget wednesdays-sundays when I'm @ work (8 hours a day)

Back