• 224 comments

Is GT Academy fixed to favour real drivers over real players

• I believe it is fixed

Votes: 38 22.0%
  • I believe it is fair

Votes: 135 78.0%

• Total voters
Looks like a Compact nothing special.
STL is not a "nothing special" class in the states, I can assure you that :) and they could be m3 side skirts and not an actual m3, but I think there is a good chance it's a full ///M car.

STL is not a "nothing special" class in the states, I can assure you that :) and they could be m3 side skirts and not an actual m3, but I think there is a good chance it's a full ///M car.
STL means super touring light for cars 2.0L or under.

most from what I can see on forums are N/A Miatas running around 160whp.

No way in hell its M3 level, thats for the STU class.

What I meant by "not a nothing special class" was the competitive driving levels/fields. In the PNW region, it's always a good race between the drivers in various cars.

You are for sure correct on the non-M car though, well played sir.

But considering he was at his 3rd try getting into Race camp doing some SCCA events by that stage would probably be expected.

All I got to say is no point complaining about others when you know the competition has existed in your country for years, the determined will always find ways to give themselves an edge.

Winners focus on their own game and not worry what others are doing.

Didn't know it was his third attempt. It was my fourth - and first time I made it to NY let alone the UK. Unfortunately I had no backing or opportunities when I was younger to do karting or get a road race car - as much as I wanted and desired to. But to get back on topic and as I stated prior, he is who I would have wanted to win if I could not. Just hope he gets a shot to race in 2015 rather than slip away into the mostly sad state Motorsport is currently holding in the US. Sure would like to see Nissan put an effort into PWC.

Last edited:
Didn't know it was his third attempt. It was my fourth - and first time I made it to NY let alone the UK. Unfortunately I had no backing or opportunities when I was younger to do karting or get a road race car - as much as I wanted and desired to. But to get back on topic and as I stated prior, he is who I would have wanted to win if I could not. Just hope he gets a shot to race in 2015 rather than slip away into the mostly sad state Motorsport is currently holding in the US. Sure would like to see Nissan put an effort into PWC.
Yeah he said on his site that he made it to the final 3 times but only got to race camp on the 3rd attempt.

This year ill be going for my second attempt as this will be the 2nd Gt academy i could qualify for(I was too young for 2010), and I am already miles fitter then last year and about to get a track car.

Yeah he said on his site that he made it to the final 3 times but only got to race camp on the 3rd attempt.

This year ill be going for my second attempt as this will be the 2nd Gt academy i could qualify for(I was too young for 2010), and I am already miles fitter then last year and about to get a track car.

Best of luck to you, it's a life changing experience if used correctly - even if you don't win! It has certainly changed mine and opened many doors for me, hopefully for some of the other 2014 drivers as well. Can't wait for the 2015 season to start here in March - it's going to be a blast!!

Cheers

Yes agree with you I think its the 318is about 140bhp. The bumper and wing mirrors are wrong for an m sport. BMW didn't make a compact E36 3.0/3.2

Jann had a BMW E30 318is road car same engine :cheers:

On the subject of Karl Chard, does anyone know what avenue he took to get to the nationals??

He only managed a 2:16.1 on the TT, so he clearly wasn't the fastest gamer out there

On the subject of Karl Chard, does anyone know what avenue he took to get to the nationals??

He only managed a 2:16.1 on the TT, so he clearly wasn't the fastest gamer out there

He qualified on the Facebook game and he normally plays Forza, think he said only bought a ps3 a couple of weeks before the qualifier started, so he'd never played GT before.

He qualified on the Facebook game and he normally plays Forza, think he said only bought a ps3 a couple of weeks before the qualifier started, so he'd never played GT before.

Hilarious when the photographer put Karl in the 2nd row for the BRDC photo because his shorts offended him :lol:

Determination trumps experience.

I second that. 👍 I have zero real life racing experience, only started playing seriously about 6 months after the release of GT5. I think I have come pretty damn far all things considering, including a near fatal car accident and the following recovery process. Hopefully I can complete my goal by becoming a finalist this year. Its been a long road and determination is the only thing that has gotten me this far. Through everything, I refuse to give up. :)

So many LOLs in this thread and I only read three pages of it...... For all the schmucks that think Nissan is going to sink thousands of dollars into getting your fat ass into shape, keep dreaming. If you can't be bothered to do that on your own, you probably aren't what they are looking for in this program.

So many LOLs in this thread and I only read three pages of it...... For all the schmucks that think Nissan is going to sink thousands of dollars into getting your fat ass into shape, keep dreaming. If you can't be bothered to do that on your own, you probably aren't what they are looking for in this program.

Those three pages didn't include the first page then? I only ask because of this post, which explains about fitness levels to a degree. Nissan will take the person who they feel is most likely to be successful whether they're short and fat, tall and skinny or anywhere in between. They've also been known to drop winners who didn't meet their expectations after the fact.

Back