Do you think PD is biased towards Japanese cars?

MrSassypantz
Have you noticed that Japanese cars generally perform the best out of all the cars in the game? Maybe it's just something that I noticed once and it's been catching my eye since... kinda like seeing 10 green VWs in 1 day... but I'm starting to wonder if PD didn't spend more time getting the tuning right for Japanese cars. Anyone else notice this?

EXTREME in some cases. I was driveing my 60's shelby cobra stock. I know it's an old american car, but these were light and built for racing. It had a top speed of 125 mph!!! and cornered about the same as my volvo 240 wagon...:yuck:

Welcome to GTMath! Heres the basic equation-
46290941868475645.png

+
nissan-skyline-r34.jpg

=
Japan-Soccer11.jpg

Duh!
No Caddy CTS-V for heaven's sake!?!? I think Kaz is jealous that Japan can't make a sedan that even comes close to it.

They always have been. Throughout the GT franchise Japanese cars have performed better than they should. While American and some German cars perform significantly worse.

It's just something I accept when I buy a Gran Turismo game.

I'm not sure they're biased in performance, but they're certainly biased in numbers! 642 Japanese cars, with many of them duplicates or stupid. They have more Nissans than they have American cars in general!

Absolutely not.

I think having 579 variations of the Skyline is perfectly normal and shows no bias whatsoever.

Duh!
No Caddy CTS-V for heaven's sake!?!? I think Kaz is jealous that Japan can't make a sedan that even comes close to it.

Close in what way? Subaru beat the Nurburgring lap time set by the CTS-V.

Is the Pope Catholic?

Is Sebastien Vettel a better driver than you?

Does a bear 🤬 in the woods?

Can CBS fire Charlie Sheen?

Is this a dumb question..?

EAGLE 5
Absolutely not.

I think having 579 variations of the Skyline is perfectly normal and shows no bias whatsoever.

That and the retarded amount of S2000 variations.. Its not anywhere near 500 but there are over 15 which is a lot for any car..

I have found this to be one of the biggest flaws in the game. I only drive a few of the Japanese cars simply because you need to use them in certain races. Other than that, I avoid them to a degree. In previous games I definitely recall the Japanese cars to be the best. GT1 had the FTO or GTO (it was yellow, can't remember which). That car was one of the best in the game. I know the Toyota 1 was top car in GT2 or 3. The Suzuki Pikes Peak Escudo was easily the best in either GT2 or GT3. The games are so old I don't really remember the specifics.

One thing that does bother me is that there are too many Japanese cars. Seriously, how many different Civics are needed? Nissan has a ton as well. I imagine that the time spent modeling the majority of these unnecessary cars could have been better spent creating a complete game as opposed to one with holes everywhere.

Extremely bias.

Japanese Cars drive like formula 1
American Cars drive like goKarts :grumpy:

Ah but its a well known fact that american cars dont corner as well as they should, although some are extremely quick in a strait line IRL.

But having said that PD are extremely biased to anything japanise.

I would say yes, if only because of the Minolta 88C-V.

With that said, the Peugeot and the other european LMPs are quite epic as well.

The Ford GT and the Ferrari's got some love though, so no I wouldn't say it's all biased towards the Japanese cars, but there definitively is a bit of bias.

Until of course you get down with tuning. Then the arena changes. CLK-GTR?

Due to the abundance of Japanese cars ingame, one will tend to drive a Japanese model more often hence one only thinks they perform better due to lack of available competitors from other nations. Hence it is more likely to be biased in numbers as opposed to performance.

They always have been. Throughout the GT franchise Japanese cars have performed better than they should. While American and some German cars perform significantly worse. It's just something I accept when I buy a Gran Turismo game.
Correct, and you can add UK cars to that as well based on my TVR and Elise ownership. The GT versions were slower than my actual cars.

Yes in the first game but they have been giving lots of attention to cars from all around the world since GT2. The Premium models aka new for GT5 cars are from all over the map and are a good mix of American, European, and Japanese manufacturers.

Of course they are!!! I was doing the NASCAR event and most of the races took place on circuits and they were only like 5 minutes long each!

Real NASCAR races take place on ovals and go for hours at a time!

Rascist biast PD :@

No they aren't biased at all in terms of performance. Numbers yea but if performance no. A gtr was made to go around the 'ring faster than a porsche 911. But it will not beat a Ferrari 458 Italia around Monza or the TG test track in the game I've tried. A Toyota isf rm is not as fast to drive as a tvr Tuscan rm. I reckon they've been very fair to American cars especially.

If for nothing else, it helps create all the JDM cruises online. My favorite is how spiteful they are. For instance, a 97 civic hatch is a premium car, but the BMW anything is standard.

I own a handful of Japanese cars in the game. Some, because I like them, and some out of having to. I mean, I love the NSX, but do you have to do every year? Why not a standard, a type r and the race cars???

They put the Ferrari f1 cars in but no Renault? What about Sauber BMW, or McLaren Mercedes? Big flaws IMHO.

Duh the same procedure as every GT game ??
PD is japanese => more biased in numbers to the "Home-Cars"

But performance whise ?? nope
Fatty Benzes handle like crap compared to a Skyline. Most of the american cars are heavy and don´t want to take corners fast; the ones who actually do corner (Corvette, S7, GT) are good compared to the real counterparts.

And another thing: If a Car is not in GT5 it is not PD´s fault. They just don´t have the license/time/real Car/model car etc to implement in GT5.
Legend: / = and or or

Still do we really need a ptcruiser instead of a cts-v in this game

Had to google that one up.
That is one darn UGLY car... The CTS-V that is.
Cadillac can't make good looking cars.
The Cadillac Concept car is a four wheel pile of dog poo.
Horrible to look at.

Back