Do You Think PD Made VR Uncompetitive On Purpose?

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 74 comments
at minimum i want a fuel reading, lap count and time left counter for endurance.
You can have fuel reading and lap count now.

I realized last night too, that if you press pause for a moment going down a straight away(so you don’t lose time in the race), you can see the running order of the race, or Qually session. So that at least a little helpful.

Last edited:

I realized last night too, that if you press pause for a moment going down a straight away(so you don’t lose time in the race), you can see the running order of the race, or Qually session. So that at least a little helpful.
i mean as in those 3 items only and be able to resize them or mover them. or another option would be a toggle option to show info and then go back to no hud without having to pause it each time.

But only for a split second? Or am I doing something wrong?

But only for a split second? Or am I doing something wrong?
Well, you can see it for as long as you leave it paused, so yeah, I wouldn’t leave it up long. But at least you can check running order once or twice a lap, depending on the straight aways on a given track. It’s better than nothing I suppose.

Well, you can see it for as long as you leave it paused, so yeah, I wouldn’t leave it up long. But at least you can check running order once or twice a lap, depending on the straight aways on a given track. It’s better than nothing I suppose.
uhmm... i don't see that. Only for like 1/10 of a second before the pause menu appears I can have a glimpse of the driver's order in the race.

uhmm... i don't see that. Only for like 1/10 of a second before the pause menu appears I can have a glimpse of the driver's order in the race.
At the bottom of the pause menu, it will show you who is on and off track, and the running other they are in(number beside their name), same as when you press pause on a tv as well. I’ll grab a screenshot tonight after work.

Last edited:
Well, of course I tried vr2 and got it on day1.
But unfortunately no matter what I tried I just simply couldn't get rid of motion sickness.
That's the only reason I went back to flat screen.
Oh, that sucks. I'm someone who is very sensitive to motion sickness and would even get it from regular TV screens with some First-person shooters. When I first got VR I had issues with certain games. However I researched the topic thoroughly and learned a lot of techniques to combat it. I have thought of making a YouTube video on the subject and specifically using GT7 and Horizon Call of the Mountain as examples of how to overcome it. I have a method for each game which I have not seen published or recommended anywhere. More than half of the population is vulnerable to motion sickness but some get it worse than others. I've had issues with car sickness throughout my whole life. I now know what mistakes I've made and how to avoid them. People who have not experienced it lack empathy for how terrible it can be.

PD doesn't like us... jk

comparing GT7 to Iracing isnt exactly apples to apples. the GT series is a racing game for car enthusiast. where I feel Iracing is a racing simulator for racers and enthusiasts.

also lets be glad its only so real for either game...two words, repair bills, or even, entry fees...so yeah im okay with just certain amounts of realism in my video games.

and as annoying as it is to not have all the same info in VR, i have no noticable issues playing in VR and i actually feel my lap times improve when in vr. they are definitely a lot more consistent lap to lap. i will try to make a more scientific approach if i can remember of VR's v flat screen lap times.
most consistent (for me) was in flat screen bumper mode with steering wheel

I didn't get suitable times in VR, couldn't do laps today without getting dizzy! hydration!
so i guess that is a noticeable issue i forgot to mention.

i have had issues with vertigo type symptoms before (kind of took me off the race track IRL, driving not so much but couldn't instruct any longer) so I was nervous about doing vr at all. Some days I can do hour after hour. other days I make it 15 minutes and have to bail.

still not the most 'scientific' results, but it seemed not having a cockpit was the key for me being more consistent lap to lap. and i seemed a bit faster on the steering wheel than controller...

At the bottom of the pause menu, it will show you who is on and off track, and the running other they are in(number beside their name), same as when you press pause on a tv as well. I’ll grab a screenshot tonight after work.
Finally saw it, thanks!

Oh, that sucks. I'm someone who is very sensitive to motion sickness and would even get it from regular TV screens with some First-person shooters. When I first got VR I had issues with certain games. However I researched the topic thoroughly and learned a lot of techniques to combat it. I have thought of making a YouTube video on the subject and specifically using GT7 and Horizon Call of the Mountain as examples of how to overcome it. I have a method for each game which I have not seen published or recommended anywhere. More than half of the population is vulnerable to motion sickness but some get it worse than others. I've had issues with car sickness throughout my whole life. I now know what mistakes I've made and how to avoid them. People who have not experienced it lack empathy for how terrible it can be.
This might sound overly simplistic, but have you tried drinking ginger ale beforehand. My wife is prone to motion sickness on boats and it helped her tremendously.

From the first time I used vr I’ve felt like it’s for me an advantage. The lack of certain information is something I felt was deliberate since vr and non vr racers compete together and if there was a perceived advantage then there would be complaints.
My opinion 😉

Ultimately people complain no matter what and can’t please everyone.

From the first time I used vr I’ve felt like it’s for me an advantage. The lack of certain information is something I felt was deliberate since vr and non vr racers compete together and if there was a perceived advantage then there would be complaints.
My opinion 😉

Ultimately people complain no matter what and can’t please everyone.
I think broadly even beyond VR or controller type that expectations and reality are quite miss matched.

It takes a lot of time to learn to drive fast regardless of set up, it takes nuance of the cars, the corners and it's even more nuanced when you race other cars or people.

I think personally people over drive trying to find pace, they over drive for positions and they most importantly don't think about overall race time. That's what matters.

There is another view I have is that there shouldn't be contact in any online races, I think people are unaware or selfish and it's half the issue in this game, the players.

Back on topic, I am consistently beaten by friends in VR on daily races and I can hold my own pace wise. So no I don't think VR loses out, in fact it gains in being able to just focus on driving. If I could turn of the placing list I would in a heartbeat.

Every time i thibk about the missing infos while i play in vr i get so upset 😂😂 it is literally no sense…it sounds almost like a bug ahaha cannot believe they didnt adjust it ahaha it is unreal honestly

Back