Do you think there's a provable difference between views?

I always used bumper cam but recently switched to cockpit as it feels a bit more immersive. I'm quicker on bumper but mainly because on many cars the drivers hands on the wheel obscure the apex of tighter corners...

Yeah I’ve recently made the same switch (for the release of GT7) and what you say about the hands interfering is right. The eyeline appears to be that of a very short person. My hands never block anything when driving for real (I’m 6’2) but I’d imagine they probably would if it was a shorty sitting in the seat without a cushion.
Wonder how tall Kaz is?...

I used hood cam when I started playing at Christmas as the streamers id seen all used it and just defaulted to it as seemed to be what the quick guys use. I dismissed chase cam as it feels weird with a wheel, and cockpit as I can’t see anything. I would try bumper now and again, I felt I could find my turning point easier and the understeer seemed more controllable but I really struggled to see where I was going in races, I was a liability frankly. Around a month or so into gt7 I changed to bumper permanently as I was significantly quicker with it and as my DR rose every tenth counted. Now I can’t go back. I’m hopeless in hood view. Understeer central. And some cars feel like you’re sitting on the roof in a high chair. I do feel I’m at a disadvantage with it in traffic and especially when close behind someone heading into a turn. The view mechanic is an area of the game that is antiquated and needs overhauling for more customisation. Just like the HUD

Last edited:
Despite the different view points, the cars all handle the same.
From this perspective - there is no speed advantage over different camera angles, only personal preference.

I would suggest that chase cam offers an advantage over bonet cam and both have an advantage over cockpit view, purely on being able to see around the car more clearly and avoid other racers.

Someone once told me, if you race in cockpit view, you’re doing it wrong. So now I’m trying to see how I can drive with bumber view in real life.

I use bonnet cam as I found it the quickest for me but I think PD should make the cockpit view mandatory in some races as it is obviously the most immersive even in some gr 1 cars it is difficult to see well the corners. In PC cars the view can be enforced and it is really good...

Well when you watch a replay you can change the view and the cars behaves the same way. And when driving it's the same, changing the view just changes the position of the camera in the 3D scene.

when I was younger I always loved to use the chase cam as I liked to view the car that I was racing. more recently I preferred the interior cam where possible to get a somewhat realistic view of things, but without VR it's a little pointless. these days I use hood cam exclusively, it gives me a good point to aim the front wheels for and gives good spatial awareness when people try to pass.

Latest Posts

Back