Do you think we have even seen 25% of the full GT5?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Leadfoot53
  • 67 comments
  • 5,342 views
All I can say for fact is, we know 100% of what has already been mentioned, and 0% of what hasn't!
 
Seen ? No.

Know of ? Yes. Definitely.

We have seen Daytona, Eiger, London, Fuji, Suzuka, and High Speed Ring in GT5P. Nurburgring, Le Mans, Indy and Tokyo R246 have been seen in demos. TGTT was confirmed in 08 and possibly featured in the E3 and AGS trailer. Toscana was featured in E3 also. Tsukuba, Rome, and Madrid were confirmed in the AGS trailer. The only things I speculated about were IF Cal tracks and the Previous GT tracks were included...
 
I was replying to your thread in general.

There's definitely a ton of features (but of course also tracks & cars) we haven't actually seen, even though they have been confirmed to be in. Roll over for example. And weather.
 
The only thing I'm sure of is KY underestimating what is expected of GT5, hence the delays after each poorly recieved build.
 
The only thing I'm sure of is KY underestimating what is expected of GT5, hence the delays after each poorly recieved build.[/QUOTE



Makes me wonder if we should be expecting something more like GT3, with less content than GT2 instead of expecting it to be like GT4, maybe that's what GT6 will be like, but then again at least 950 cars are confirmed......
 
If a PSP can hold 35 tracks and 60 variations, I'm sure a PS3 can handle more than 20 tracks, and 60 variations. Although, maybe it's not about how much it can hold, but how long it takes PD to model the tracks. Keep in mind, from 2005-2007 PD made 6 tracks (GT5P). So form 2005-2010 (maybe 2011) PD would have made about 18-20 tracks.
 
If a PSP can hold 35 tracks and 60 variations, I'm sure a PS3 can handle more than 20 tracks, and 60 variations. Although, maybe it's not about how much it can hold, but how long it takes PD to model the tracks. Keep in mind, from 2005-2007 PD made 6 tracks (GT5P). So form 2005-2010 (maybe 2011) PD would have made about 18-20 tracks.

I'm not sure you can calculate the amount of tracks by dividing the amount they created for Prologue by the amount of years it took to create them, since P was a glorified demo, they were already working on GT5 by then.
I'm sure there will be more or at least the same amount of tracks as GT4 or the PSP version, they will have to or they might offer them via DLC.
Or like i said before, GT5 may not be the final game on PS3, like GT3 and we have to wait again for GT6 to get all the content like GT4.
 
Prologue.. is about 10-15% of full game. .

Prologue is 0% of GT5 since it has completly diffrent modes, menus, physics and even diffrent graphics (at least the tracks).

Actually, we have seen nothing but trailers and some pics. All other gameplay vids are from other builds.
 
Just because we haven't seen many cars or tracks doesn't mean we haven't seen much of the game. We've seen 90% of the engine and maybe 20% of the content.

Prologue is 0% of GT5 since it has completly diffrent modes, menus, physics and even diffrent graphics (at least the tracks).

Actually, we have seen nothing but trailers and some pics. All other gameplay vids are from other builds.

wtf? GT5P is the beginning of gt5, therefore it can't be 0% of gt5. Graphics aren't different, they're just polished, evolved.
 
@jay - Thanks for clearing that up :) I hope we can agree that info from KY is more confusing than understanding quantum physics :scared:
 
wtf? GT5P is the beginning of gt5, therefore it can't be 0% of gt5. Graphics aren't different, they're just polished, evolved.
Bit of an oxygenated moronic statement there (not an insult - a play on the word "oxymoron")... Graphics cannot be the same, yet polished and evolved at the same time. They are either the same as before, or different. Based on what I've seen on recent builds vs GT5P, I'd say the graphics definitely qualify as being different.

It's like you having a room painted a specific shade of blue, then painting it a slightly different shade of blue and saying it's the same colour. Clearly that's not true. The room might still be blue, but the colour is different.
 
WTF @ the math done in this topic title. 25%? lol!.....

...we've probably seen, including GT5: Prologue...maybe 10%?. Then again, GT5P=/= GT5. So, my math nay be off.

When you ask what have we seen I answer: less than 100 cars, less than 10 tracks, not much damage, weather, tuning, modding, anything!
 
If my fears are true, and the entire GT PSP garage can be exported and if the 20 locations thing is really what it is, then we've already seen most of the game.

On the latest compiled list we have 19 locations known, so, almost all of them. Then you add 830 cars from PSP + the ones on screenshots, meaning we are yet to know only about 10% of the car roster.

We've seen the driving model, the game engine, so i would say we already know the bulk of the game.

On the positive front, if the many things still unclear turn out for the good, we've only seen a small glimpse of the game.

Reality is probably in between those two, which would equal to 40-50% on a crazy number scale:crazy:
 
WTF @ the math done in this topic title. 25%? lol!.....

...we've probably seen, including GT5: Prologue...maybe 10%?. Then again, GT5P=/= GT5. So, my math nay be off.

When you ask what have we seen I answer: less than 100 cars, less than 10 tracks, not much damage, weather, tuning, modding, anything!

I just chose 25% off the top off my head.
 
Maybe I should make a thread called: Do you think we have even seen 26% of the full GT5?-Or maybe not!
 
Personally I think we've seen less than 10% but much like finnracer I'm a smartarse so I'll say 24% :D
 
Maybe I should make a thread called: Do you think we have even seen 26% of the full GT5?-Or maybe not!

Personally I think we've seen less than 10% but much like finnracer I'm a smartarse so I'll say 24% :D

How could you both say that? If you calculated everything correctly and that includes all assumptions you would come to exactly 23,6887%.;)
 
I want to see something new, I'm not intersted in 80% of the cars in GT4, the obvious classics need to be retained, the rest, who really cares.

Show me Sebring in the dark with an Aston Martin P1, or Brands Hatch with a McLaren MP4 road car, something genuinely new.
 
Last edited:
I just chose 25% off the top off my head.


I understand. Forgive me if I sounded like a ****. I just think that we've seen so little of GT5. I'd guess less than 10% because afterall, GT5P is not GT5 in any way besides the tracks and the cars. And those cannot equal 25%. Not even with all the stuff we've seen at gaming events. But that' a good thing! There's more left to uncover. A lot more.
 
I want to see something new, I'm not intersted in 80% of the cars in GT4, the obvious classics need to be retained, the rest, who really cares.

Show me Sebring in the dark with an Aston Martin P1, or Brands Hatch with a McLaren MP4 road car, something genuinely new.

I share the same thoughts, however, i can't really put them into words, since everytime i complain about the mundane GT4 cars, people think i don't care for old/slow cars, which is not true.

To me the car and track list is more than 50% of what a GT game has, in terms of those percentages.
 
Bit of an oxygenated moronic statement there (not an insult - a play on the word "oxymoron")... Graphics cannot be the same, yet polished and evolved at the same time. They are either the same as before, or different. Based on what I've seen on recent builds vs GT5P, I'd say the graphics definitely qualify as being different.

It's like you having a room painted a specific shade of blue, then painting it a slightly different shade of blue and saying it's the same colour. Clearly that's not true. The room might still be blue, but the colour is different.

But you have to consider that they use the same core track, they just improve on it. It is not like they threw out EVERYTHING pertaining to GT5P between 07/08 and now...
 
But you have to consider that they use the same core track, they just improve on it. It is not like they threw out EVERYTHING pertaining to GT5P between 07/08 and now...
Right, and that's why I didn't say they threw away everything. I just said that if graphics have been polished and tweaked, then they are, by that very statement, different. Yes the same core track data may well be used for the underlying geometry etc., but we have already seen enhanced textures from one build to the next, so if that's not different, I don't know what is.
 
They did fundamentally change, for example, Laguna Seca after the first one ( not sure it was either GT2 or 3 ) included some obvious errors compared with the real life counterpart.
 
Well, I'm pretty sure we all know what Tokyo Route 246 looks like in real life. We could all drive assorted cars around it with NO TRAFFIC!!!
Plus they have tire barriers.

I also think that people know what the bumper cam of 50+ cars looks like in motion. I 'm sick of seeing bumper cams. It takes 2 seconds to switch views and we'd be A LOT happier with videos.

But, maybe that's the only camera allowed on the demo, oh well.
 
I have a theory in terms of the day/night feature. Ok in the E3 trailer there's a mazda 787b and an audi R10 TDI running side-by-side on a runway in the dark. So is it not possible the "runway" is the top gear test track and that it could be a night race?
 
Here is something to consider... Here are the KNOWN tracks that are in the game that were NOT in a previous GT (to my knowledge).

Daytona Motor Speedway (2 variations)
Indianapolis Motor Speedway (2 variations)
Rally Toscana
Eiger Nordwand
London
Rome
Madrid
Top Gear Test Track

Here are the tracks that we know will be in the game that HAVE been in previous Gran Turismo titles

Fuji Raceway (2 Variations)
Suzuka Circuit (2 or 3 Variations)
High Speed Ring (2 variations [reverse])
Nurburgring
Tokyo R246
Special Stage Route 5
Tskuba
Le Mans (old footage) (2 variations)

Likely Tracks
Infineon (2 Variations)
Laguna Seca
Maybe Thunderhill (KY said he really likes the 3 Cal tracks and KY raced a 24 hour race there, so why wouldn't he put that knowledge to good use?)


One thing I just realized is that if Infineon and LS are in, that would be ALL of the "World Circuits" from GT4 would be in GT5, except for Twin Ring Motegi!!!

Considering the track list provided and if the California tracks aren't in (I would hate that, because I live literally ten miles from Infineon!) there would still be SIXTEEN confirmed tracks and twenty three variations (re: the Tracks/Variations Theory) . So there would be only FOUR unknown tracks and FIFTY more layouts? Seems unlikely.

Lets say, for the fun of reasoning, add all of the tracks that are in GT4/GTPSP

Real World Circuits
Valencia
Monaco
Twin Ring Motegi (3 Variations)

City Tracks
Seattle (I think there is a reverse circuit?)
Amalfi Coast
Citta di Aria
New York
Opera de Paris
Seoul

Driving Park
Test Track
Motorland
Beginner Track

Rally Tracks
Grand Canyon
Ice Arena
Swiss Alps
Chamonix
Cathedral Rocks (3 variations)
Tahiti Maze

Original Circuits
El Capitan
Grand Valley (2 Variations)
Trial Mountain
Midfield
Deep Forest
Apricot Hill
Autumn Ring (2 Variations)

That adds 26 tracks and 33 variations. Considering ideal circumstances, where all of those tracks would be in, there would be 41 confirmed tracks and 56 variations. That makes more sense... And PD obviously has the track data... What do you think?

👍👍👍👍 I like this alot!! This 20/70 statement has had me worried.

I have to say I would feel shocked, utterly disappointed, and probably very angry at PD if GT5 ships with only 20 tracks. I would swap all the background detail for grey walls if it meant more real world circuits were in the game.
 
Back