Do you trust your regions Superstars to keep it clean?

Australia
Australia
Pretty open question here;

From your experience, if you were, on a rare occasion, able to mix it with the players consistently in the top 5 of your region in an FIA race, would you trust them not to deliberately push you out of the way during a race or try something underhanded like accidentally ruin your hot lap after they coincidentally set the quickest qualifying time?

Last edited:
No, as I think these guys ["aliens"] knows how to deal with typical racing situations, but then I've seen quite a few very questionable moves on live streams which, lets just say were not expected on that level or from that individual. It will always remain uncertain though as to if it was intentional or not, save for one or two though which had "devious" written all over it. These one or two were top 20 though, not top 5 or top10.

Obviously not going to name names but there is one guy I get matched with quite a lot who has dr S ranking. He's not actually that fast as I seem to match with him quite often and I'm slightly above average at best.

Had one altercation with him whereby he expects me to just get out of the way when hes coming up the inside. He seems to think he has gods given right to expect me to allow him by lol Like me taking the inside line to defend my position was forbidden. In the comments after, he then proceeds to tell me I slowed everyone up lol no I didn’t, I just took a defensive line which you failed to get past.

People tend to automatically equate good with fast, & fast with clean. One of the fastest drivers I ever met was also one of the dirtiest (when it suited him). Not raced in GT Sport since the demo, however, I doubt that human nature has changed significantly since then. I've also raced with been beaten by many aliens who were super clean.

That said, I think the way GT Sport's penalty system works oftentimes encourages & rewards dirty driving, generally speaking...

If there's a decent pace difference, the quicker driver usually has a nightmare following someone significantly (+2 seconds per lap) slower. Weird lines, driving over (or under) their limit and early braking top the list for accidents I've seen in the 'top split, 2nd account, let's not bother with qualifying, last to first challenge' streams. Accidental, possibly frustration fuelled, out of track rhythm contact usually ensues.:lol:

Obviously not going to name names

Sidebar--there has to be a proper method for exposing those that just choose to destroy races. This is one of the most important challenges GTS faces--how to purge itself of consistently dirty drivers.

Nobody in their right mind will come to your venue if you do not check credentials at the door and maintain governance. There has to be an imaginative solution here.

Sidebar--there has to be a proper method for exposing those that just choose to destroy races. This is one of the most important challenges GTS faces--how to purge itself of consistently dirty drivers.

Nobody in their right mind will come to your venue if you do not check credentials at the door and maintain governance. There has to be an imaginative solution here.

Just post a video of the “event” and leave the names on in the video, there’s no need to “name” them in your post, and no rules broken, but they are still outed. :cheers:

Yes Pigems, but wish PD would implement something other than the report feature to punish those that persist in creating havoc. It has to be simple, and I don't have any clever ideas, but something has to be done because they just keep spawning. Perhaps we need a driver history function? That keeps track of how many DNFs/total number of penalties/crashes/damages/malicious maneuvers/etc...? Should PD start measuring driver stats that can be leveraged to weed out drivers?

Not sure what would work, but do we really have to continue to live in a scenario where we as fans need to take matters into our own hands? IRL your reputation is everything...maybe SR rating needs to be more holistic and in-depth?

However you like to race in GTS, I assume nobody likes wasting time with idiots that don't give a 🤬.

Last edited by a moderator:
It will get worse as we get closer to the final stage. People fighting for points to get a spot in the final will bring up the worst in some drivers (and teams). The best will be always the best and clean though.

I usually watch streams from other regions (EU and South America) but did watch a race last week courtesy of one Z28 :)

He doesn’t play much anymore but he was in the top split so we watched the replay and there was some ugly stuff at the front :crazy:

Anyway, I’m happy that the best drivers in the game are ultra clean and professional, namely Nico, Tidgney, Fuvaros and Froga.

I expect it, but I don't trust them to do it. Especially with some behavior during the FIA practise Sessions.

Not to mention anyone, but Driver A outbraked himself, Driver B went for the Overtake (both top drivers in the EU Region), Driver A tries to push B away once and then tries to push B into the pits on the last lap.

I don't know, has Igor Fraga ever pushed slower drivers out of his way? If he never did that, then I'd trust him and the other top 5 drivers as well.

I have met a handful of clean drivers of my region lately on sport mode, might also be because I finally managed to get back to DR B/SR S ranks though.

I don't know, has Igor Fraga ever pushed slower drivers out of his way? If he never did that, then I'd trust him and the other top 5 drivers as well.

I have met a handful of clean drivers of my region lately on sport mode, might also be because I finally managed to get back to DR B/SR S ranks though.

I've followed him from the back a few times when he races on his account over here and I've never seen him do it. I've seen some punt him clean off though, others know who is and are respectful or even just move out of the way, then I come along and they push me about and he is gone in the distance, providing no one else knocks him off of course. :lol:

I have no clue who is in the top 5 but I have been driven off by plenty desperate to get back to the front A+ drivers. A lot have zero patience and can't be bothered to make a clean pass. My lines are pretty steady, I don't block, I concede if you're ahead but won't back down to go side by side through a corner when I have position. That's usually where a fallen down A+ driver pushes me out.

Not all though. There are some highly skilled ones as well, race craft wise, that make beautiful passes that make me envious of how easy it looks. Perhaps those are top 5 :)

DR.S status means nothing though. Could be a DR.B driver, and some DR.S have SR history that would make your eyes bleed.

I have no clue who is in the top 5 but I have been driven off by plenty desperate to get back to the front A+ drivers. A lot have zero patience and can't be bothered to make a clean pass. My lines are pretty steady, I don't block, I concede if you're ahead but won't back down to go side by side through a corner when I have position. That's usually where a fallen down A+ driver pushes me out.

Not all though. There are some highly skilled ones as well, race craft wise, that make beautiful passes that make me envious of how easy it looks. Perhaps those are top 5 :)

DR.S status means nothing though. Could be a DR.B driver, and some DR.S have SR history that would make your eyes bleed.

A guy one pole in a race I did yesterday was DR S SR A(Red B after the race), with a 4:02.x Q time in race B. I was wondering how he even get the S?

My lines are pretty steady, I don't block, I concede if you're ahead but won't back down to go side by side through a corner when I have position. That's usually where a fallen down A+ driver pushes me out.

If only A+ drivers understood--this situation is exactly when they need to shine.

Exactly Sven, and those guys with alien skills--and etiquette to match--are the cornerstone of GTS. Maybe we need to start celebrating the "Good" instead of focusing on ousting the "Bad"?

If only A+ drivers understood--this situation is exactly when they need to shine.

Exactly Sven, and those guys with alien skills--and etiquette to match--are the cornerstone of GTS. Maybe we need to start celebrating the "Good" instead of focusing on ousting the "Bad"?

The likes of Igor Fraga I've been very impressed with. He always seems to overtake clean and posses so so much pace. I see Kaz invited him to the 1000 Miglia event and he drove the 4C with Kaz for 1600km. pretty epic. He's obviously Kaz's man and he totally deserves it. Best out there in my opinion.

I see Kaz invited him to the 1000 Miglia event and he drove the 4C with Kaz for 1600km. pretty epic. He's obviously Kaz's man and he totally deserves it.

Glad to hear Igor is receiving such attention--well deserved. Celebrating the winners is such a core aspect to racing and I respect the honors that are bestowed to the absolute best of the best, but I wonder if GTS could do more?

If PD was focused on building a community of fast & clean drivers, could they be more inclusive in celebrating winners at all levels? After all, finding the next Igor and shining the spotlight to all those that show promise could energize the player base. If PD could rethink even the trophy feature, players would be incentivized with more meaningful rewards.

Don't want to ramble on, but my point is--PD should rethink and expand the reward system to include all skill levels...and continue to build a strong player base.

Just another thought on promoting the good on GTS. I think the difference between those like me and those that want to win at any cost is--respect for Motorsport.

I wonder if Kaz could reallocate his 1000 Miglia budget next year and produce some unlikely content around storytelling? Here are 3 simple stories that begin to dimensionalize why I love this sport, and perhaps--even if it's a slim chance--PD could inspire drivers to mature and elevate how they participate.

Whether you're just starting out as a youngster, a purveyor of automotive designs or a budding engineer--stories fuel passions. I'm not suggesting that PD should become a media company, rather that storytelling may propose an unconventional tactic to help secure long-term user engagement--and just maybe, encourage better racecraft. The more you know, love and RESPECT something, the less likely you are to dishonor it.

Just another thought on promoting the good on GTS. I think the difference between those like me and those that want to win at any cost is--respect for Motorsport.

I wonder if Kaz could reallocate his 1000 Miglia budget next year and produce some unlikely content around storytelling? Here are 3 simple stories that begin to dimensionalize why I love this sport, and perhaps--even if it's a slim chance--PD could inspire drivers to mature and elevate how they participate.

Whether you're just starting out as a youngster, a purveyor of automotive designs or a budding engineer--stories fuel passions. I'm not suggesting that PD should become a media company, rather that storytelling may propose an unconventional tactic to help secure long-term user engagement--and just maybe, encourage better racecraft. The more you know, love and RESPECT something, the less likely you are to dishonor it.

PD already cover that. I can't wait 2nd race if they continue.

Kaz's Mille Miglia story is self indulgent crap. Like him entering N24 it brings nothing to Gran Turismo. Lets not celebrate someone taking a holiday, especially if PD staff are as overworked as rumoured.

No A+ driver does it because they dont understand, its because if dirty driving nets them more points there is no incentive not to do it.

When drivers get invited to tour finals then it is an endorsement of their behaviour regardless of whether they are clean or not.

Last edited:
Kaz's Mille Miglia story is self indulgent crap. Like him entering N24 it brings nothing to Gran Turismo. Lets not celebrate someone taking a holiday, especially if PD staff are as overworked as rumoured.

No A+ driver does it because they dont understand, its because if dirty driving nets them more points there is no incentive not to do it.

When drivers get invited to tour finals then it is an endorsement of their behaviour regardless of whether they are clean or not.
I'm only doing FIA for a free holiday, but in general I just enjoy competing. This year we get to celebrate mostly the same top drivers at live events 6 times.

If you race the same people in the same lobbies you eventually realise who you can trust and that's most of them, and if any of them happen to be fast but dirty then it will show and they will have a bad reputation. Not much else you can do.

Do you want to chain him to his desk 24/7?

He loves cars and he's in the perfect position (he's the CEO after all) to indulge in these events. I also think it's a fantastic gesture to take Igor Fraga along with him. A genuine bucket list opportunity.

I wouldn't call it an endorsement as they're blinkered on how people qualify for them but I agree the bad apples often get away with murder at the events. If they can pull these moves on people face to face, I'd hate to imagine how they got there through FiA races...:ill:

Luckily, the bad apples are few and far between and their reputation usually precedes them. No easy passes or cooperation for them then!:lol:

I've got to take my hat off to the rest of the top split drivers though. The fact they don't sink to the same level, which they could so easily do, says a lot about their character. Proper GTS role models.👍

It's frustrating to know that by following FIA rules that most of us are trying to LARP as race drivers in a video game. In real life, drivers have a respect for each other's vehicles and especially for each other's lives.

Do you want to chain him to his desk 24/7?

He loves cars and he's in the perfect position (he's the CEO after all) to indulge in these events. I also think it's a fantastic gesture to take Igor Fraga along with him. A genuine bucket list opportunity.

No, I just wouldn't celebrate it like it's any different to him drinking pina coladas on a Hawaiian beach.

I wouldn't call it an endorsement as they're blinkered on how people qualify for them but I agree the bad apples often get away with murder at the events. If they can pull these moves on people face to face, I'd hate to imagine how they got there through FiA races...:ill:

Luckily, the bad apples are few and far between and their reputation usually precedes them. No easy passes or cooperation for them then!:lol:

I've got to take my hat off to the rest of the top split drivers though. The fact they don't sink to the same level, which they could so easily do, says a lot about their character. Proper GTS role models.👍

Unfortunately it is an endorsement by default though. No idea what a workable solution is, however, as penalties will be exploited and the report function makes drivers beholden to a popularity contest.

Back