Do You Use 'Wobbling Cam' 1 Or 'Wobbling Cam' 2 (Cockpit View) Drivers

• Thread starter torque99
  • 41 comments
England
England
I am really liking the new wobbling camera Option 2 which is not set as default and you have to find it in the settings while driving only as I searched everywhere for it.
It is here in this view attached. Have you played this view? I like the way it throws the driver and car around much more and when played with the new haptic feedback and triggers I feel it gives more a sense of speed. Which do you prefer or have you found this setting hidden away?
Gran Turismo™ 7_20220305165700.png

Currently it dépends on the car. I like option 2 but effect is too heavy on the small compact cars we have at the start (because of chewing gum suspension)… on cars with more rigid suspensions it feels nice.

I also like the new large fov option but you have to be stuck to the screen, with an offset depending on the side of the driver in the car (curious to see this angle with mono center seat cars !)

It was a shock as I was so used to being still in gt games, I think they have listened to all the feedback over the years and thrown everything in settings if you want it as I keep finding more options.

Where is this setting?
In cockpit view -see the above screenshot :cheers:

I dont like both would love to have option to turn it off completely, like it was in GT S.

I drive on controller and mostly doing short pulls, which shakes the camera so much, it gets really annoying to focus on the actual road, so far this is the only thing i dislike about this game.

Last edited:
Currently it dépends on the car. I like option 2 but effect is too heavy on the small compact cars we have at the start (because of chewing gum suspension)… on cars with more rigid suspensions it feels nice.

I also like the new large fov option but you have to be stuck to the screen, with an offset depending on the side of the driver in the car (curious to see this angle with mono center seat cars !)

I like option 2. I sit close to a 50" screen, really immersive, but as you said soft suspension cars is hard with all the movement.
I also tried the off-set orientation option, it's weird for sure, but as the settings info says, its meant to be use placing yourself in front of the steering wheel side (off-set to your screen). Kind of difficult to get used to, but it works well, Iwonder if this is for a future ultra widescreen or curved monitors support.

Last edited:
I love option 2 (on PS5). Imho, it really manages to convey a good sense of speed, at least in the most situations, without feeling too much over the top.

Going 320 kph in a Ferrari Tributo through almost claustrophobically narrow tunnel sections at Tokio Speedway with the engine screeming in the background while fighting the constant bumps and undulations is truley a very immersive experience.

I absolutely love "Wobble 2". It’s the most immersive GT has ever been with its cockpit cam.

Awesome!
Looks way better than GTS like this.

I like using the cockpit cam in games, but it would be better if we could move the head, to look to the sides a little.. it's weird that GT don't have this yet.

I think he was (most likely) referring to the lack of a proper 'look to apex' option, which hasn't been in GT yet (afaik). Also, it would be nice if we coud finally have a 360 degree chase cam, as any other racing / driving game on the market. Feels weird not being able to view your car from all angles.

You can move you’re head. Use the right analog stick to look around in cockpit view
I'm must be crazy then 😅
I swear I tried to configure my wheel and didn't find the option. Well, it's been a while since I last played GTS. Will definitly try it out this cam on GT7 when my copy arrives.

I like option 2. I sit close to a 50" screen, really immersive, but as you said soft suspension cars is hard with all the movement.
I also tried the off-set orientation option, it's weird for sure, but as the settings info says, its meant to be use placing yourself in front of the steering wheel side (off-set to your screen). Kind of difficult to get used to, but it works well, Iwonder if this is for a future ultra widescreen or curved monitors support.
I tried this off-set orientation option for a bit today and it is incredibly interesting. It would take some getting use to but I think this is the way to go if you can align yourself properly with the wheel. Its quite the immersive experience.

I tried Wobble 2 during an oval race but wasn’t a fan, I should try it on a flat circuit - love Wobble 1, I didn’t mind the cockpit camera in previous GT games but I definitely prefer it in 7 with the movement.

Last edited:
Lago Maggiore in a Gr. 3 car is the easiest test for finding out if wobble 2 is your bag.

Last edited:
Wobble 2 without a doubt, so immersive.
HOWEVER I find it a bit extreme when going up and down sudden hills such as paddock hill and druids on brand hatch. If the vertical movement was a tad softer and a slight look to apex.

An update on my previous post - I’m a wobble 2 convert. Tried it during a race around Alsace, I think, and haven’t looked back. It can get a bit tricky to focus on the racing line on bumpy tracks but with enough laps you get used to it, and wow, it is wild while rallying. Though that’s not to say tarmac tracks are dull - plenty of movement there, too, really enjoy it. Very immersive. The feeling going uphill is something I’ve never experienced in a racing game - I actually get the same feeling as I do in real life. Not quite as intense, but still noticeable.

Last edited:
Tried it for a couple of minutes and it felt like I was steering a boat on a stormy ocean. I even shouted ”Begone ye foul scallywags!” at one point to the AI cars.

Hmmm maybe I should try wobble 2 again. I’m still in the early game, am yet to drive a race car, and found it just a little too much to get used when unexpected things happened like slides or crashes. Will give it another go now I’m more settled into the game.

Wobble 2 is awful for me. I was racing in Bathurst, going downhill and the camera shaked so much I ended crashing. I'd like the option to turn both wobbles off.

Last edited:
Back