Do You Wear Shoes When Using a Wheel with Pedals?

  • Thread starter Thread starter LeadFootLiam
  • 58 comments
  • 4,565 views

Do you where shoes when when Using your Wheel?

  • Yes, I wear my shoes.

    Votes: 15 17.2%
  • No, I prefer my sockies.

    Votes: 53 60.9%
  • Neither, barefeet for the win.

    Votes: 14 16.1%
  • Sometimes I wear shoes and socks or barefeet.

    Votes: 5 5.7%

  • Total voters
    87
Messages
2,790
Canada
Vancouver, BC
Messages
liampage123
I have a G27, I sometimes where my Ferrari Pumas, since the pedals are metal.
 
No, my pedals are plastic on the DFGT so I always wear socks (my feet won't get cold that way).
 
I got a G27, and yes the pedals are metal, but I wear socks. I dunno why, probably because I don't have proper shoes I could use on it. xD
 
DFGT=socks for me. I had a track day in a Caterham and used socks in that too, my shoes weren't big, and I'm size 8UK feet but the shoes contacted two pedals no matter what I did!
 
I wear socks. Socks that I got from my hospital stay. They are blue and have like a semi-sticky white tread on them. I call them my lucky socks and am very supersticious about them because I have always done my best in time trials while wearing them. Placebo, maybe, but I never time trial without them.
 
I wear socks, the metal pedals aren't only cold but they're pretty sharp.
 
Do you pay attention in English classes? :sly:
 
I have a pair of those too. Mine are brown though, I got them last May after my last Hospital stay.

I have been in E.R a few times since then, But they won't give me any socks there. Only shots.:ouch:

God I hate being sick!🤬
 
On my DFGT, I really can't use shoes, I wear a 13 US and the pedals feel very small and have almost no resistance combined with the fact I have a very restricted space and my stand really won't allow for shoe access. So I use socks or shoes depending on how lazy I'm feeling.
 
How did he spell wear right in the poll and incorrectly in the title?
 
How did he spell wear right in the poll and incorrectly in the title?

Oh yeah I just noticed that.

Re Poll - it seems most people use socks. Which is good to know 👍
 
I never wear shoes with my DFGT. I find that and socks (not the Hospital socks) always slip. So I just go barefoot.
 
When I got the g27 and playseat I used socks only.

Then I added the nixim spring and the pedals were tougher to push and they hurt my feet after a while.

Now I use 7.99 shoes from Walmart. They are white rubber and blue canvas on top, everyone's seen them.

I also spaced out the pedals on the g27 by using the different holes in the pedals arm. (Unscrew the two screws holding the pedals on and you can move them side to side in different holes in the arm.) To make room for my boat shoes. Size 12 btw.
 
Last edited:
I think you mean "wear" & "bare feet".
 
Any pedals = Socks.
I'd say wearing shoes just hinders me as it doesn't let me have the contact with the pedals that I'd like.
 
Socks, my feet (and hands) were always freezing when playing on my G25. My feet are also a size 13 USA and don't fit very well with shoes...
 
I got a G27, and yes the pedals are metal, but I wear socks. I dunno why, probably because I don't have proper shoes I could use on it. xD

Ya. LOL

Do you pay attention in English classes? :sly:

I dont get it? :drool::confused:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Barefeet!!

It's really hot over here...
 
I always use shoes. (I should try my Ferrari Pumas now that you made me remember I have a pair.)

I once tried socks but my feet were sliding all over the place. :/
 
best advice guys. wear tight slippers there just like a pair of sparco racing shoes lol
 
Socks for any pedal. This probably stems from the fact that I play drums with socks. Either way I feel socks give the best feel.
 
I've always used socks. Shoes don't feel right and barefoot doesn't feel right. Plus, now that I have Clubsports, barefoot feels COLD.

Not sure if my socks or my carpet have anything to do with why my second accelerator sensor is going bad though...
 
Since its winter and my Pedals are Metal. *G27* my feet are cold as hell. i like my Sockies warm and have decent grip on the pedals :)

Even in summer i will wear Sockies
 
I normally wear my shoes, but during summer it's far FAR too hot, especially when drifting.
So lately I've been going proper kiwi and driving bare foot.

So, I suppose my answer would be "Shoes, when it's possible."
 
Back