Dodge/Mobil 1 Series GAD 100KM at Rome, room opens 12 pm est Sat

• Thread starter Ganon83
  • 332 comments
My thoughts, if you car is slow or can't hold a line, fall back due to respect. Every race is not about one individual, this is a group effort. There's an overwhelming feeling of narcasism here.

Take Furi and I for example. We were running 1:07s all day just us two being very aggressive, driving side by side but there was lots of respect there and awareness where each other was on track. Lots of fun too Furi. We showed common sense to drop a gear or tap a handbrake.

Subtly and patience is always key to setting up a clean pass. So Storm, quite thinking you are sooooo fast n that u deserve a win every race. Use some patience n common sense on the track. Treat other drivers as you would in real life.

That's why I lost the draft, there was too much dive bombs going on up front. Wasn't too comfortable with all that nonesense. And happy Furi decided to have some fun by pitting twice so he could battle it out with me.

When did I say I deserve to win every race? I race to win (another reason), but know that I won't win all of the time. Another part about the aggressiveness was that I didn't want RPH to gain any more ground in points, as that would increase the gap between me and him in the point standings.

A counter to these arguments: how about when Brian Vickers kept wrecking everyone (notably Chasers) at Martinsville in 2011? Everyone started retaliating against him due to his recklessness, he gets loads of criticism, Jimmy Spencer gave him the crying towel, put on probation, and what happens next? He returns next week and since then, he hasn't tried anything stupid. He wrecked other drivers, I raced you guys aggressively. If you think that what I did was bad, watch that race and pay attention to Vickers. While these are video games and that was real life, it's still worth it to compare and contrast these two incidents.

I can show you guys a lot of proof that this is nowhere near as bad as other incidents, in real life and on GTP.

Last edited:
While I cannot penalize for bumping and running, I can penalize for intentional wrecking. Even if the bump and run was to a dive bombed faster car, I simply cannot do anything as long as the faster car didn't really lose much (AKA they didn't lose the draft.
Later on tonight I am going to clearify the rules a bit more clear when I post results. All arguements will be reviewed and an official announcement will be made on Tuesday.

While I cannot penalize for bumping and running, I can penalize for intentional wrecking. Even if the bump and run was to a dive bombed faster car, I simply cannot do anything as long as the faster car didn't really lose much (AKA they didn't lose the draft.
Later on tonight I am going to clearify the rules a bit more clear when I post results. All arguements will be reviewed and an official announcement will be made on Tuesday.

What you say goes. If I get penalized, I will accept it without hesitation. 👍

Trust me, while I am on the aggressive side of things, I would NEVER try and wreck anybody on purpose. Next weekend, I know what's coming, and I will definitely race cleaner than I did today.

My thoughts, if you car is slow or can't hold a line, fall back due to respect. Every race is not about one individual, this is a group effort. There's an overwhelming feeling of narcasism here.

Take Furi and I for example. We were running 1:07s all day just us two being very aggressive, driving side by side but there was lots of respect there and awareness where each other was on track. Lots of fun too Furi. We showed common sense to drop a gear or tap a handbrake.

Subtly and patience is always key to setting up a clean pass. So Storm, quite thinking you are sooooo fast n that u deserve a win every race. Use some patience n common sense on the track. Treat other drivers as you would in real life.

That's why I lost the draft, there was too much dive bombs going on up front. Wasn't too comfortable with all that nonesense. And happy Furi decided to have some fun by pitting twice so he could battle it out with me.

Lots of fun Ken.

Gokart, sorry for taking you out. I was too aggressive into the corner, 100% my fault.

All of those mistakes I've made are giving me motivation for next weekend. Why? It shows me what setbacks I've made, what I shouldn't do. Knowing what not to do makes me think about what to do without causing trouble.

I know not to drive so aggressive, it will only get others angry and may result in a virtual punch in the face. This weekend, I will be racing more clean and passive. I won't tell anyone what I will be doing, but it won't involve divebombing into the corners like a maniac.

Next weekend I feel will be a massive improvement over today's race.

Is there any way to record and upload the video other than to film it with a camera or use a capture card?

EDIT: Wow, was that a stupid question to ask. Those are the only ways (to my knowledge).

Last edited:
Btw I don't support solo qualifying like we did because I thought it would also get rid of the qualifying race. I'd prefer to do qualifying the way we did.

I prefer solo qualifying, myself. It's shorter and less forgiving to those who make mistakes.

Completely updated OP and 2nd response to include the new single lap qually procedure, clarified the reckless driving rules, made the tire compound change, and (finally) posted race results and point standings (Before penalties).

Before I give out my verdict, I have some major news.
My PSN name is currently MIA. Long story short, my AOL email decided to reset itself a couple of months ago, and it holding my PSN account, I was having trouble tonight with credit card info. Well, one thing led to another, I logged out to resend my password, then discovered I didn't have a DOB according to the AOL account :grumpy: I'll be calling PS Help and Support tomorrow to try and get my account back. If I'm not back by Friday, expect this week's race to be cancelled.
Now, onto the penalties. Storm and Rap both been docked their bonus point from Saturday and placed on probation until the end of the season. While what Storm did was wrong, Rap proved that two wrongs do not make a right. I do not believe a gigantic penalty would do good for anyone, as this "slap on the wrist" is appropriate for the minor incidents from Saturday.

Last edited:
Is it possible to move the race to next weekend given you can't log on by Friday?

10 points to make up within the next 3 (or 2) races. I think it's possible, though I'll need some luck. More than likely, it's going to be Me vs. The World again. Will try to do my best to win while at the same time staying out of trouble. While I wasn't trying to wreck anyone intentionally this past race, I did drive way too aggressive and caused a lot of incidents.

As far as I know, Aceboy didn't do anything to get him penalized. What did he do?

I accept my docked point. I understand none of this should have happened, but it did because of me overreacting. Its over with and im moving on. Im sincerely sorry to everyone and hope to see you all next week.

Yeah, let's just put this all behind us and look forward to this weekend. For sure I will be driving much cleaner, I'll probably try and lead a lap early on and play it safe from there. No need to take unnecessary risks. :)

Thanks for clearing that up, I didn't think I did that bad on Saturday.

Dodge Weekly News Roundup! (Today on a special day, Friday!)
Storm vs the World
After being penalized his bonus point and put on probation, Storm is peddling on dangerous waters being 10 points off RPH. Does he try and bend his probation a little to pass RPH, or does he try to simply outrun him? Regardless, like I said last week, what Storm needs most is to "just win, baby."

Niop tumbles
After missing a race due to work, Niop is now far back and has little hope for a championship. While next season there will be two bye weeks, there are none this 8 race season (Because 8 races will always decide the championship and next season will be 10 races).

Racing Mediums
This week marks the very first race in DM1 history with tyre compounds being racing mediums. Mediums have more grip but don't last as long as hards. This leads to pit strategy meaning more and more.

RPH- Can anyone stop him?
After getting his 3rd straight win in DM1, can anybody stop this win streak before the season is over? And for that matter, is there no hope for somebody to catch up to him?

Find out tomorrow, in exactly 24 hours, when the Motegi room opens for practice. At 1 PM est, prepare for single lap qually followed by the qually race, with the main race beginning around 1:20 PM est.

Back