Dodge Viper GTS-R FIA GT Team Oreca 1998

Australia
Australia
This was my favourite Viper along with the white and blue/green GT stripes. The Team Oreca Viper in GT6 is nice but I loved this old livery in GT2. Would love to see this one come back along with the other livery I mentioned earlier. Wouldn't mind the STP Taisan either. Wasn't sure whether to put this under Chrysler because its all over the car but in GT2 it is under Dodge.

Take my like! If I could I´d give you a hundred thousand! I just love Vipers, specially the 90´s models and this one is by far my favourite racing Viper, it looks so good in that Livery. I spent weeks grinding in GT2 with my Primera just to get this car :lol:

Viper Team Oreca!... GT2. Sadly I never had the chance to play Gran Turismo 2 besides the one demo I had, but... I know this car from the 1999 24 Hours of Le Mans game. I love it! And I would love to see it again sometime! :eek:

I probably prefer the sound from the GT2 game! But nostalgia is making me biased, I certainly never heard the engine for that car until years later when youtube came onto the scene.

PD like to get significant cars, and if they were to a Team Oreca from that year, they'd probably want the class winning car from Le Mans. :D Which would be awesome!

2013-03-14-viper-team-oreca-1998_sl_diapos_1947_l.jpg

I sure love my Team Oreca Vipers. Maybe PD should just make the current Team Oreca premium, and then give us a livery editor, then this livery could be done as well. Though I am aware of how difficult it is for PD to give us a livery editor.

lemans-24-hours-of-le-mans-2002-equipe-de-france-ffsa-chrysler-viper-gts-r.jpg

:drool:

Nice vehicle! What sound do you prefer? The real sound or the sound from GT2?

PS: This should be listed as Chrysler.

I probably prefer the sound from the GT2 game! But nostalgia is making me biased, I certainly never heard the engine for that car until years later when youtube came onto the scene.

Even if you did prefer the sound in GT2 to the real one I can't understand why anyone wouldn't want to use the actual sound of the car as opposed to a fake, made up one?

You bumped a two year old thread to post a video of a car that isn't the car the thread is about? Why the **** did you do that?

With all due respect, I see no issue with the bump. There's been plenty of fair older threads bumped around here. And at the end of the day, as discussed in the recently bumped BMW M3 GTR Cool Wall thread, at least @Zero McDol has had the decency to post it in an already made, vaguely relevant thread, instead of unnecessarily creating a whole new thread for no reason, like many have done on here before.

If you want to be super picky, you could say the vid would be more suitable in a thread like the Greatest Sounds on the Automotive World, but it's still kind of on topic, and at the end of the day it's doing no one any harm.

With all due respect, I see no issue with the bump. There's been plenty of fair older threads bumped around here. And at the end of the day, as discussed in the recently bumped BMW M3 GTR Cool Wall thread, at least @Zero McDol has had the decency to post it in an already made, vaguely relevant thread, instead of unnecessarily creating a whole new thread for no reason, like many have done on here before.

If you want to be super picky, you could say the vid would be more suitable in a thread like the Greatest Sounds on the Automotive World, but it's still kind of on topic, and at the end of the day it's doing no one any harm.

With all due respect, you're wrong.

I'm sure Famine would agree in terms of what should be posted where.

It's not the same Viper, not the same car nor does it have anything to do with the topic in hand.

With all due respect, you're wrong.

I'm sure Famine would agree in terms of what should be posted where.

It's not the same Viper, not the same car nor does it have anything to do with the topic in hand.

No, if you'd read what I posted well enough, you'll note that I never said it was on-topic, I simply said it was vaguely related as opposed to being something completely unrelated and irrelevant entirely. Plus I don't know if there is already a thread/suggestion dedicated to the specific ZB I 3rd gen, GTS-R bodied Viper in @Zero McDol's post, as to be quite honest, I haven't had the time, nor the inclination to search for such a thread. Heck, for all I know, @Zero McDol may have posted it here because there isn't a thread for that specific Viper, who know's, but I don't.

Furthermore, it makes more sense to post in an already existent thread, as opposed to creating an entirely new and pointless thread for just one video. Besides, he hasn't broken any of the rules outlined in the AUP, certainly nothing obvious, with the closest rule I can see being the following:
    • You will not knowingly post any material that is false, misleading, or inaccurate.

And even then I wouldn't say it explicitly violates said rule, though one could say it may be slightly inaccurate in the sense it isn't the exact same gen Viper. But if that's to be the case, then I'm sure a Mod will deal with it accordingly, and I'm sure they don't need to be told what goes where, regardless of whether they agree with you or not, as ultimately it's up to them.

At the end of the day, I'm not going to discuss any more on this matter, as this rather trivial argument (if you can call it that), along with your original comment, is far more off-topic than what @Zero McDol posted.

Last edited:
Didn't know this was here. Just gonna contribute a onboard video (at least, the only one I could find with the least bit of talking) of the actual car in question:

And some specs:

Engine: 8.0L Naturally Aspirated V10
Horsepower: 620 HP
Transmission: Borg Warner T56 6-Speed Manual
Weight: 1,150 KG
Drivetrain: RWD

You bumped a two year old thread to post a video of a car that isn't the car the thread is about? Why the **** did you do that?

While true and indeed somewhat questionable, the response was abit harsh.

No, if you'd read what I posted well enough, you'll note that I never said it was on-topic, I simply said it was vaguely related as opposed to being something completely unrelated and irrelevant entirely. Plus I don't know if there is already a thread/suggestion dedicated to the specific ZB I 3rd gen, GTS-R bodied Viper in @Zero McDol's post, as to be quite honest, I haven't had the time, nor the inclination to search for such a thread. Heck, for all I know, @Zero McDol may have posted it here because there isn't a thread for that specific Viper, who know's, but I don't.

Furthermore, it makes more sense to post in an already existent thread, as opposed to creating an entirely new and pointless thread for just one video. Besides, he hasn't broken any of the rules outlined in the AUP, certainly nothing obvious, with the closest rule I can see being the following:
    • You will not knowingly post any material that is false, misleading, or inaccurate.

And even then I wouldn't say it explicitly violates said rule, though one could say it may be slightly inaccurate in the sense it isn't the exact same gen Viper. But if that's to be the case, then I'm sure a Mod will deal with it accordingly, and I'm sure they don't need to be told what goes where, regardless of whether they agree with you or not, as ultimately it's up to them.

At the end of the day, I'm not going to discuss any more on this matter, as this rather trivial argument (if you can call it that), along with your original comment, is far more off-topic than what @Zero McDol posted.

Pretty much this. Didn't see a thread for this car and although not the same exact car, it was vaguely related as a Viper Race Car.

Back