Dodge Viper SRT10 ACR *And Hennessey Venom 650R*

  • Thread starter Thread starter Danny
  • 108 comments
  • 8,870 views
I've always thought the Viper is considered the more secure-handling car on the track compared to the Vette. And seeing how this is made specifically for the track... yeah, I'd rather have this. That and it actually looks badass.

Nice to see the ACR back, though I'll agree the silver's nicer 👍
 
Man....that looks awesome!!! :drool: The second best Viper ever!!!!! (i like the Competition Coupe better :sly:) But its street legal, so who cares!!!! You can drive it like you stole it.....hahaha. Now all we need is Doug to take a photo of this mean beast on the streets...... :D
 
I don't know, the Silver really looks... Ugh. I don't know, it just loses it with silver.

Now, Lime Green with that black stripe... :drool:
 
I don't care for it, it looks unrefined.
 
Where did I see this one before?

n78001441_30228957_1342.jpg

n78001441_30228956_1006.jpg


It should easily outdo the Z06, I'd hope. But for the presumed price increase, the ZR-1 is clearly the better choice. Either way, this is probably the most bad-ass American car for 2008.
The ZR-1 & this are going to be the same price. The ZR-1 is predicted at $99,900. This is going be either the same or even lower. And for the $100,000, I'd easily take the badass Viper.
 
Geez louise...I'm going ot HAVE to go to Roanoke when they get the first of these monsters in....
 
It could come with a supermodel as standard equipment and you still wouldn't buy it. Because you're 13. I couldn't even but it if I had the money. I don't think anyone on this forum has the money to buy such a beast.

Are you sure about that? I bet there are people who have the money for it. Whether they tool up for this car in particular is another matter.
 
Are you sure about that? I bet there are people who have the money for it. Whether they tool up for this car in particular is another matter.

Very true. I would go 911 or something from that country before this, as cool as it might be.
 
This Viper SRT-10 ACR amuses me. I want one in all black or all yellow though...
I also wanted a bigger weight reduction than just 80 lbs. Maybe carbon fiber fenders and door panels or something...
 
Sorry, Just noticed this...

I don't care for it, it looks unrefined.

It's a VIPER, Joey. It IS unrefined.

Actually, on that note, I might spring for the Competition Coupe before this, If I want a trackday special from Dodge, that's the one I'd get. The Viper's not really a "Refined" car for road use, I'm sad to say, and the 'Vette takes that crown. (among U.S. high-end sporting cars.)
 
I don't really care to much for unrefined cars. Sure I have no doubt it's fast but it looks goofy, looks cheap, and it just meh in my opinion.
 
I would love to know, Joey, what on that Viper makes it look cheap and goofy?
 
Refinement is unneeded weight for me. Only creature comfort I could ever need is air conditioning, but even then northern Cali doesn't always get that hot...
The more track ready a car is the more it amuses me. Which is why road going LeMans type cars amuse me greatly.

Anyway I forgot to mention how that 1,000 lbs of downforce that the new ACR makes is pretty impressive for a conventional, non F1 or LeMans inspired supercar.

I would love to know, Joey, what on that Viper makes it look cheap and goofy?
Maybe some people feel a wing and a flashy paint job makes a car look cheap and goofy :p
 
I would love to know, Joey, what on that Viper makes it look cheap and goofy?

Tacked on spoiler, goofy looking red stripe, I don't know I just think it looks way over the top and I personally do not care for it. Like I said others might like it and I have no doubt it's fast, but it's just not the car for me. Is it ok that I don't care for it?
 
I know what Joey means I think, but cheap and goofy arn't the right words. I'm not drawn to cars with wings and spoilers, on a road car it just look sout of place and naff imo. I respect the performance advantace they may give on certain cars, but visually I'm not into the whole spoilers and wings look on anything but race cars really.
 
LLN
The result of the ACR package — according to Chrysler — is 1,000 pounds of downforce at 150 mph and the ability to corner the skidpad at 1.5g.

1.5g!? Where do I sign up?! :drool:
 
-> While most people are salivating this ACR. I find it overly done and exagerrated, based on the spy pics scattered everywhere, I'd pick the ZR-1. And lastly, this IS the ACR I can recall: :indiff:

ACR Mk.1
full_13_Brad%20Leapley.jpg


-> This is how I see on the new ACR:

BETTER%20CAR%20PICTURES%20196.jpg


:indiff:
 
Hey, I like the GTS-R GT2 edition a lot. I used to have a old Maisto model of the car years ago...
And as far as the ZL-1 is concerned I would probably still choose the Viper. As much as I like Vettes, Viper's just have something that appeals to me. Vettes just seem too... common and normal. Even a Z06 doesn't have the sort of intimidating presence a Viper has. Anyway it's not like the ZL-1 will be THAT much faster than the new ACR. In fact I expect on the track for the two cars to be pretty equal.
 
The viper was and still is my favorite car but I just wish they could do something about the sound of them! :indiff:
 
-> While most people are salivating this ACR. I find it overly done and exagerrated, based on the spy pics scattered everywhere, I'd pick the ZR-1. And lastly, this IS the ACR I can recall: :indiff:

ACR Mk.1
-> This is how I see on the new ACR:
:indiff:


C'mon, if you want to be conservative, you buy a 911. Buying a Viper makes a statement whether you want it to or not.
 
*sigh* The more I look at it, the more I think it looks a bit too much like a....

Honda-CIVIC-LSi-kBFG.jpg


Sorry. It is a little overdone, especially with all the different bright colors...I mean, if it were all one color, it might look better.

I'm still thinkin' Comp. Coupe for me.
 
C'mon, if you want to be conservative, you buy a 911. Buying a Viper makes a statement whether you want it to or not.
^ Gladly, I'd take a 997 Turbo. Or better yet, either a nice Honda K20 Atom 3 or a 'slightly' modded GT-R. :indiff:

-> Sorry, I don't go for super-imposing looks alone...I only want results:

image_1.jpg


^ For almost the same price, I get this over that! :indiff:
 
I really like it, but my favorite Viper is still a stock coupe with racing stripes. :dopey:
 
^ Gladly, I'd take a 997 Turbo.

Exactly. If I wanted a track car, I would go for an Elise or something with a lot of lightness added to it. If I want something to drive on the street, sorry. I'm already in love with the 911 turbo.
 
So erm I'm guessing the 1st one to be wrecked will be driven by Nick Hogan?
 
I'm a big Viper fan...and am so glad they went back to a more classic look.

This thing is sick.
 
Don't get me wrong... My heart will always be for the first gen but, I'm a sucker for ALL vipers. :dopey:
 
Hmm, after thinking about it if I somehow had the funds to acquire this Viper I'd take it a step further...
Carbon fiber body, light weight racing seats, carbon-ceramic brake disks, and some other lighter weight components. I'd want weight to drop to at least 200 lbs more, in addition to the 110 lbs already removed over the stock Viper Coupe. Would definitely make it a worthy competitor to the Vette Blue Devil/SS/ZR-1, although at a slightly higher price... But hey, my ACR would be one of a kind! Not to mention the Viper is just more brutal looking imo :)
And yes, I like all generations of Viper too. Been a Viper fan since I first learned about the car in the early 90's.
 
Back