Dodo

• Thread starter jonny9385
  • 16 comments
Originally posted by jonny9385
I can never get the Dodo off the ground even when it's up to it maximum speed. Any suggestions? :(

Hey jonny welcome to GTPlanet.net! :)

What you need to do it when your accelerating hold the left analog stick forward. This will make your nose hit the ground when going fast enough. Your plane will start to spark and when this happens press back on the left analog stick and you will take off. Then even your plane out but keep your nose pointing SLIGHTLY downward. After you fall for a couple of seconds the wind under your wings will pick you up and you will finally be FLYING. :)

Thanx i'll go try.

Also, you can just let off the pressure when you get up to the right speed, and the plane won't jump up as much. But yes, keep that nose slightly pointed down.

And once you get going, that little sucker is FAST!

I've made some progress, but i can only get it to fly for 4 seconds. But I will go try letting off once i get up to speed.

Hey man with a little practice you will be up there in higher seconds in no time. I acheived 35 seconds last night. (a new record for me) Dan a member here can fly for 24 minutes! :eek:

Originally posted by ViperConcept

Hey man with a little practice you will be up there in higher seconds in no time. I acheived 35 seconds last night. (a new record for me) Dan a member here can fly for 24 minutes! :eek:

Yep, it's certainly a quick way from Shoreside to Portland. :D

Originally posted by AltF8

Yep, it's certainly a quick way from Shoreside to Portland. :D

It's certainly the fastest way I know how to go. I just need a Flatbed and a Mr. Whoopee now to complete the garage listings. I flew my DODO to almost the end of Staunton then when I hit the ground I was off again and made it there FAST!

Originally posted by ViperConcept

It's certainly the fastest way I know how to go. I just need a Flatbed and a Mr. Whoopee now to complete the garage listings. I flew my DODO to almost the end of Staunton then when I hit the ground I was off again and made it there FAST!

Yeah, I started a new game last night an accidentally overwrote my other game (at the last mission, grrr). So, I might try to save the Mr. Whoopee from the one mission.

Originally posted by AltF8

Yeah, I started a new game last night an accidentally overwrote my other game (at the last mission, grrr). So, I might try to save the Mr. Whoopee from the one mission.

Yeah I am having no luck with finding a Mr. Whoopee. I remember using it in a mission but never saw it again. :(

I can get it off the ground fine but once i'm up i can't seem to level it off properly.

It's tough. It takes a very delicate touch. I usually end up flipping it shortly after takeoff. :)

right...

Re Ice Cream van: i know what ur going through, do some fire missions and it will eventually (it may be a long,long time believe me) come up.

Re Dodo: Please read the 24-Hour Dodo flight thread. Theres a guide there whichj i am not typing out again - it took ages.

Oh, thanx for the credit Viperconcept. In actual fact i deliberately brought the plane down cos i got bored. I only managed to shoot one other dodo out of the sky :D Now im trying to land on the cop helipad in staunton

Back