Anybody can easily look up and see that there are less than 200 cars in GT3. I've seen several people say, "You can't possibly have every car in the game because they wouldn't all fit in your garage," but some people are just idiots.
I think there are 182 cars in the Japan NTSC version, 181 cars in the US NTSC version, and 177 cars in the PAL version.
Kideng's database lists 184 cars, but that's including the Japanese version of the Evo VI Tommi Makinen Edition and including the PAL F1 cars.
If you go to the GTPlanet main page you can download the GT3 car list, and that only has 190 cars, which includes both NTSC and PAL F1 cars, and also includes the Diablo and several double-entries listing both the Japanese and NTSC versions of the same car.
10 sample cars (not attainable in-game)
14 MX-5s which are not attainable in-game
Porsche 996 911 GT3, Alitalia Stratos, Lancia Stratos, Nomad Diablo JGTC, R34 Skyline GT-R Mspec (not attainable in-game)
4 S2000s which are not attainable in-game
28 duplicate prize cars (different only in colour)
4 F1s which cannot be used in PAL version.
That makes 183 cars in the NTSC version, 179 in the PAL version (although as BBM points out, the Japanese NTSC has one extra - the Diablo - so 184 cars).
Interesting...I always wanted to know how many cars were in GT3 as well. I have the NTSC version, so if there are 183 different cars, and your garage can fit 200 total, you could definitely fit every car in the game into your garage.
Interesting...I always wanted to know how many cars were in GT3 as well. I have the NTSC version, so if there are 183 different cars, and your garage can fit 200 total, you could definitely fit every car in the game into your garage.