Does anyone agree with me ??

• Thread starter mypobox
  • 79 comments
I hate the way your prize car is a random selection. I can understand that maybe the best car shouldn't be given first but random selection is just wrong and I pray it changes in GT4. After spending 2 hours running a grouling white knuckle race it is to much to bare for me to look at a lame a$$ car simply cuz i have bad luck. Not to even mention how wrong it is to get a double. Lets say ok i have bad luck and i got a crappy car, fine, lets say u run the race again and u get the same dam crappy car !!!!! after 2 darn hours, and they have the balls to give me a dam piece of crap again !!!!!! thats stupid, thats not fair. WHY !!! why do they set it up that way, it is designed to make you mad.

There are atleast 5 BETTER ways of doing this. Please someone tell me you agree.

I just dont understand how the play testers never said that this just sucks.

How do you think the prize car selection should be setup ???

well they dont want you to win like 10 f1 cars and keepsellin them for money so they add some cheap cars also and the best car is the hardest to get.

i think it should be done on your skill. something liek this equation:

time
+
average speed
+
amount of times completed
-
spinouts
-
crashes into walls
-
cheating
=
quality of car received.

i think that's fair.

mypobox this is how you cheat

when you have enough points to win the championship, (for example, you have 70 points after race 7, and the pc has only 35 or whatever points) simply start the next 2 races and quit them. Before starting the last race save.

Start the last race then quit.

Don't like your prize car? ReLoad the game. :)

Originally posted by piesupreme
i think it should be done on your skill. something liek this equation:

time
+
average speed
+
amount of times completed
-
spinouts
-
crashes into walls
-
cheating
=
quality of car received.

i think that's fair.

if you do that then begginers will never get good cars.

Originally posted by GTMcLarenF1
mypobox this is how you cheat

when you have enough points to win the championship, (for example, you have 70 points after race 7, and the pc has only 35 or whatever points) simply start the next 2 races and quit them. Before starting the last race save.

Start the last race then quit.

Don't like your prize car? ReLoad the game. :)

i usualy do this the 2nd time i go over a championship so i can get the car i want the 2nd time.

this car winning thing has become a pretty popular topic recently. I think this is the third thread that talks about it. :)
The save and quit method is my preffered.

Hehehe it may just be me, but I just say heck with it, and run the series again. Even if you get a crap car, you earn money. And money is like horsepower. You may not ever want to use all of it, but it's nice to know it's there, and even nicer when the guy next to you doesn't have as much. :D 😈

I think it's better if you win something you could really be satisfied with after that veeeeeeeeery long ENDURANCE race!

Not just by simple luck!

:P :P :P

Tricks can be done on series but not in endurances...
I did Roadster Endurance 3 times, got 2 Mazdas but the
pleasure to get a F1 on the 3rd try is wonderfull.

Northflt

OK how about this for a car selection system...

After a series or endurance race you should be offered a prize car then, if it's not up to expectations, this system should be used:

1) A dirty look at Mr PS2 - Bad Car
2) Swearing/shouting at Mr PS2 - Dodgy Car
3) Throwing Mr PS2's DS controller across the room - Alright-ish Car
4) Physical Assault on Mr PS2 including kicking, punching, knocking off stand etc - OK Car
5) Holding Mr PS2 out of window by open DVD tray on 10th floor/holding Mr PS2 over bath full of water with power connected - Good Car
6) Tie up Mr PS2 in aluminium packing tape and place in microwave oven, repeatedly flicking the 'on' button in a menacing manner - Great Car
7) Cutting off one analogue stick from a kidnapped DS controller and send to Mr PS2 in the post with threatening note made from newspaper cuttings - The Car you've wanted all your life plus a pink Vitz for the wife!

Somone in the thread isn't taking this seriously... :rolleyes: ;)

:D

And yes, the prize car method sucks...
My opinion is like pesupreme's opinion, prize cars should be given taking in count the performance of the driver. Beginner drivers will get crap cars (maybe a little bit better) that will increase their skills little by little.

As an example, I got a F1 car in one of the first Endurances I got... with this F1 car you can beat half the races in the game by laps in front of a second car! I don't think this is fair...

Good drivers will win even with crap cars...

Northflt

I still say you can select using X

I tried that the other day and it does seem to work, so i would have to agree with Mr P on this one :D

I reckon you should be able to just pick the car you want, that way you cant shout,swear or throw the damn thing out the bloody window :banghead:

Originally posted by Danger Powers
1/Africa
2/Badger
3/Trueno
4/No
5/A stippling brush and a 12 inch piece of rubber hose

Questions:

1/ Where are you?
2/ Preferred sexual partner?
3/ Dream Car?
4/ Do you drive it with any clothes on?
5/ How do you attract New Zealand girls?

mr_p - NO

Actually, the method i heard is, at the trophy screen point your left analog stick either up,dwn,lft,rgt and hold it, then release and press ok for the car screen, as soon as the cars apear hold the stick the same way ya did the first time. I've used it and it does seem to change the car sometimes. Try it sometime using the reload method. It's about a 50/50 or just luck.

My point is we shouldnt have to "cheat" or use tricks, we arent the problem. the bone heads who descided that random car crap is the best way are the problem.

i just hope they fix it in gt4

Back