Does anyone agree with me ??

  • Thread starter Thread starter mypobox
  • 79 comments
  • 2,447 views
err....









































no.
 
no. (bit of a one sided arguement now...) :D
 
no?
 
Originally posted by kyle
Why argue? :cry:
'Cause it's fun. :D
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
NO!
 
My personal preference would be for unlocking cars so they could be bought, rather than giving away a free car with completion of a series/group of races. And for each win of a series afterward, it should unlock additional color schemes or something.

Keeps you from getting junk cars that you don't want and allows you to purchase unique cars without having to buy another memory card. Make all races series and award bonus cash for winning.

It's simple and doesn't stick anyone with a pink Vitz or a filthy Trueno...

While I'm on the subject, I'd rather see licenses award cash bonuses for silver and gold than free cars for gold. That way there is some incentive to go for something better than bronze when starting out. Any thoughts?
 
I agree that really pisses me off its happened to me way to many cars, but if I get a diffrenet color atleast ill keep em. But it does suck. :mad:
 
unlocking cars isnt really fun. Winning the car and yelling at your ps2 cause you got the wrong car is more fun.
 
Originally posted by kyle
Why argue? :cry:
Ah well you see, we aren't actually arguing. We're just contradicting each other. An argument is a connected series of statements intended to establish a proposition. Argument is an intellectual process. Contradiction is just the automatic gain saying of anything the other person says. Therefore

NO!

QED..........
 
I would be guessing the system is random so it will give you something to keep playing for. Think about it: if you could pick an F1 car as a prize car after winning your first endurance race (and say you did this before you even finished the beginner league), then chances are a lot of people would just go off and win every race there is to win with that car, obliterating the competition. Then they'd be complaining that the game is "too easy."

But if you can't pick which car you want and end up not getting the one you want, it will give you something to keep playing for. It'll be frustrating, but you won't want to put the game down because you want to win that dream car so bad. Besides, the feeling of accomplishment is much higher when you strive and perseveare to finally win the car than when you win and just simply pick which one you want.

However, I do think something needs to be changed. I hate the fact that you can win some cars only once, and you are stuck with it in that color. I hate the fact that I'll never be able to win another TRD Celica or Spoon Civic and I'm stuck with them in undesired colors. Something I think they could do is incorporate a feature where once you win a rare car (like the ones I just mentioned), have it where you can buy the car from a special dealership in any color you want. And for the endurance races, they could have it where once you win an endurance race for a certain amount of times (say like 5), then you can automatically pick the prize car you want whenever you win it again. That would prevent all the frustration of running an endurance race an excessive amount of times and STILL not getting the car you want. :mad: What do you all think?
 
Why not a paintshop option? All the cars I buy are either silver or black, so why not have a paintshop where you can paint cars. It'd have to be a basic paintshop, just one or 2 colors. And be able to paint everything. I want te Team Oreca Viper, in just flat silver. No stickers. :p Hehehe the sleeper effect. Pull up in a C5R Corvette, just solid colors, people look over, see that, say "haha faker" and then just show them that it truly is a C5 :D :burnout:
 
Kazunori has said that the reason he didn't include a paint option was to keep it authentic, so the cars come in colors that they actually come in in real life. But I wish there were a paint feature so we could get cars that come in only one color (like the Zonda) in different colors.

Oh and secretghost007, I'll do the honors :D:

"and welcome to the forums."
 
YES
Used the X trick again to get a Nissan Skyline R-tune
 
i think you should choose your car when you win
 
How about something a little less specific. Have 4 cars, in shadow... rotating relatively fast. Player presses X, the cars slow down, stop, and the one closest lights up. The one you get to keep. 😈
 
Originally posted by mr_pushrod
YES
Used the X trick again to get a Nissan Skyline R-tune
Fluke!

No.

:D
 
Originally posted by FuryX21
I would be guessing the system is random so it will give you something to keep playing for. Think about it: if you could pick an F1 car as a prize car after winning your first endurance race (and say you did this before you even finished the beginner league), then chances are a lot of people would just go off and win every race there is to win with that car, obliterating the competition. Then they'd be complaining that the game is "too easy."

But if you can't pick which car you want and end up not getting the one you want, it will give you something to keep playing for. It'll be frustrating, but you won't want to put the game down because you want to win that dream car so bad. Besides, the feeling of accomplishment is much higher when you strive and perseveare to finally win the car than when you win and just simply pick which one you want.

However, I do think something needs to be changed. I hate the fact that you can win some cars only once, and you are stuck with it in that color. I hate the fact that I'll never be able to win another TRD Celica or Spoon Civic and I'm stuck with them in undesired colors. Something I think they could do is incorporate a feature where once you win a rare car (like the ones I just mentioned), have it where you can buy the car from a special dealership in any color you want. And for the endurance races, they could have it where once you win an endurance race for a certain amount of times (say like 5), then you can automatically pick the prize car you want whenever you win it again. That would prevent all the frustration of running an endurance race an excessive amount of times and STILL not getting the car you want. :mad: What do you all think?

Maybe God is playing the game with us... it seems there's no rule on the random spins if you just let the PS2 choose the car for you. I got a F1 car in my first Endurance (the Mazdas-takeforever-race). Maybe is just a question of luck... maybe not...

My opinion is that you are challenged to play a given race more than once if you want a specific car... that makes me mad but in the other hand, there should be some kind of difficult.

Northflt
 
I disagree with the statement that random cars adds to the replay value, that is just not true, it only adds to the frustation value. After getting 4 clios I have no interest in wasting 60min on a chance that maybe ill not get a clio. Im done with that, and if it means I wont finish the game then I wont finish that game. It is to bad they had to **** this up so bad cuz it is a great game otherwise.

Does anyone know how SegaGT handles this issue. I own it, maybe ill try it out and see how other games handle prize cars, or if they even have prize cars. GT3 maybe to best racing game but it aint the only one. Not to mention SegaGT 2002 for the Xbox is looking sweet.
 
Hmm... somewhat on the same subject. I think that once you've won a car, it should then become available for purchase. And, once you've won a car, the next time you race the series you should win a different car. I kind of like the reward system mentioned earlier also... drive well and fast, and you get a better car. Would definitely make you improve your skills.
 
Back